Instant Messaging Dating?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 18th 2003, 1:04 pm

fnordboy wrote:
mglenn wrote:Jeeze... its nothing but a bunch of cradle robbers around here anymore! :twisted:
Nope, not me. My girlfriend is 4 years older than me. So :P with your generalisations! ;)
You too eh? Something about older women.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2003, 1:30 pm

fnordboy wrote:
mglenn wrote:Jeeze... its nothing but a bunch of cradle robbers around here anymore! :twisted:
Nope, not me. My girlfriend is 4 years older than me. So :P with your generalisations! ;)
Yeah - it's totally different when you're the one whose cradle is being robbed!

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jun 18th 2003, 4:01 pm

Candygirl wrote:Yeah - it's totally different when you're the one whose cradle is being robbed!
I think I might choke on the amount of enuendo in that statement! :angelwings:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 19th 2003, 5:33 pm

candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote:

LOL!

Best,

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 19th 2003, 6:21 pm

lance wrote:
candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote: Nope, not me. My girlfriend is 4 years older than me. So :P with your generalisations! ;)

LOL!

Best,

Lance Man
I love that Lance's past 5 posts have been "LOL!", Gary now you know the secret to his devious ways!! Run with it!! You can take him!!!

;)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 19th 2003, 6:46 pm

If you want to mix it up a little, you can always go with "haha" or some smilie faces!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 20th 2003, 4:32 am

Well, a few more things to throw to you ravenous gossip dogs! (I kid...its interesting to have the input).

First of all, its going on 4 am, which, I've told myself not to post while going through sleep-dep again, but, what the hell. You've been warned.

So there was the post about her breakup. Which I didn't feel I could ask her about, cause I hadn't told her I read it yet. Which somehow, we got talking about my website, and my pseudo attempt at a journal (nothing like whats here though), and I got to ask about hers. She said she didn't mind if I read through it. So now I can talk to her about getting dumped.

I did hear she got drunk enough to be hung over most of Tuesday. Which....well....I'm what one would call "straight-edge". I'll have a mixed drink here or there, but I don't tend to drink to get drunk. And in the past, I've felt very uncomfortable about it. I don't like that I do, but I do.

Now, it happens that my brother and her share friends from working at the same place, and he was at the party. He didn't tell me anything about it, but we don't really talk much anyways, if it is its about the new cool movie or game coming out and thats about it.

Alright, I'm feeling a little awkward about this next part. Nothing bad, I'm just undecided whether it should be shared.

[spoiler]ANYways, being the curious person I am (and giving the fact that he's using my old computer while he's home for break) I looked through some of his digital photo albums, and copied over some of the ones that had my cousin and their friends in them. Only checked the thumbnails while I was looking there, but when I got them back on my computer, and open them up, what do I see? Indie girl holding a bottle of whiskey, can of guiness, shot glass, etc. Not all at once though. Oh, and their gay friend trying to take her bra off without looking and her falling all over him on the floor. [/spoiler]

Now, for one, I realize there is NO reason I should be feeling....what am I feeling....its not possessive and protective, its not worried, or disgusted, but maybe it is a tiny bit of all of that. I know I have no right to want her not to do that. Its completely rediculous to think that!! I hardly know her, and what I do know about her, I really like, why would I not be ok with it?? But its still the gut instinct that I get.

Maybe its also that she looks like she's having fun, and I want to be involved with her having fun. The last two times we tried doing anything, it ended up raining, so that threw our outdoor plans for a loop, and they didn't recover. We haven't done anything in about two weeks now...

I'm just not feeling good about it. And trying not to make it a big deal, because, to her, I'm sure its not, and at this point, it shouldn't be for me either.

I sound WAY crazier than I actually am, trust me. Being able to pour out thoughts stream-of-concious-like into this thread may be doing me more harm than good. But its interesting anyways...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 20th 2003, 10:07 am

In before the deletion :D

I can totally understand where you are at with this whole situation. Your feelings on the matter make sense because she is someone you want to form a relation with and want to be part of her life but you witnessed one of the parts that you aren't part of and it threw you for a loop. You seem to keep her to this standard in your own mind, which is completely understandable and normal, and she obviously wasn't living up to that standard you have created for her. It isn't her fault, it is more your fault, but it is something that would be hard to change your idea of at this point.

The other part is that you are feeling all these emotions since you have seen a side of her that you didn't know about or just havent eperienced yet, but all these other people.

Of course there is also the disappointment of her (excessive to you) drinking that is taking place in the pictures. You probably expect "better" of her since that is not something that you are into.

I have gone through similar things in the past. It is nothing more than your own mind creating these issues that shouldn't exist in the first place. You can't help but expect to look into your relationship with her up to this point and add these extra bonds between you because that is where you want to go with the whole thing. You want to be there to experience her, and it hurts when you aren't.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 21st 2003, 5:16 pm

Thanks, that made a lot of sense.

After the initial shock and all that, and talking about it with my ex (we're still close...and yes, its weird) I'm fine with it now. We came to the decision that I need to get really drunk a few times, then it wouldn't bother me as much. :D

Ahhh, self control issues...

Another things she noted was that the type of girl I go for will probably party occationally. Which is probably true. So I guess I just have to get used to it. :wink:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 27th 2003, 10:36 pm

Well, today was the barbecue.

I definitely had some fun today. :)

When I come down (natural), I'll see if I can write about it.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 28th 2003, 3:03 am

andrewgd wrote: I definitely had some fun today. :)
Hmm... fun he says.... :?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 28th 2003, 10:10 am

Cripes, you can't leave us hanging like that! That's just cruel.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 28th 2003, 12:47 pm

Megs wrote:Cripes, you can't leave us hanging like that! That's just cruel.
Sorry about that! Last night I was flying quite high, and then all of a sudden I had to get to bed. Who knew having fun was that tiring?

Well, it turned out to be pretty cool. Most of her friends are from the movie theater, and they all just graduated highschool. Which was quite odd. I think I was the only one there older than Marisa. It wasn't a big deal, its not like they were immature or anything, only kinda creepy when I thought about a 24 yr old hanging out with 17 year olds...

She gave us rides on their jetski. Mmm. Indie girl in a bikini. Plus it was a great opportunity to get her between my thighs and hold her tight. :P She did look really good. She's not skin and bones either... a nice little belly, curvy...anyways, you get the idea. I'd never been on a jetski before, that was a lot of fun.

Then some of her friends of a friend came over and set up a drumset and guitars and blasted us with very loud music for a while. We were able to joke about that some. Later on, everyone made s'mores and she played her acoustic guitar by the little fire. Everyone once in a while our eyes would meet, and stay for a bit longer than expected.

Watching her play by the fire is when I think I realized that its going to be hard not to really fall for her. I got to see what she was like around other people, and her parents, and I really loved it. Her parents are really really cool too. They came out and hung out with everyone.

After about 9 hours, they were going to move it to someone elses house. She came up to me and told me that the place was really small and that she wasn't sure how everyone was going to fit. I got the clue, and told her I understood. When everyone was getting ready to leave, she came up to me, I told her how much fun I had, gave her a hug, talked about what she was doing the rest of the weekend, and that I really wanted to get together with her again soon, gave her another hug, and then left.

So thats about it, for the major details. I'm sure if you want more, I'll be remembering other stuff throughout the day. This'll be on my mind for quite a while, seeing as I could imagine doing yesterday for the rest of the summer (if not...much longer?)

Definitely still conflicted whether she has any interest at all. Is she just leaving it up to me to make advances, or is she just not interested? I dunno, but for now, I'm going with the first one.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 28th 2003, 2:34 pm

HMM...Her comment about the new location being crowded is interesting. When I first read it, I thought she might have been hinting about having you take her somewhere else. It sounded a lot like my last girlfriend saying she wanted to go to bed at 9 PM. I said sure. Well, come to find out her wanting to go to bed was code for having sex. I kind of stumbled into it. I don't know if indie girl was using code language or not. But the thought crossed my mind.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 28th 2003, 2:44 pm

TomSpeed wrote:When I first read it, I thought she might have been hinting about having you take her somewhere else.
Interesting spin on it. :D Unfortunately, that was definitely not the case. Unless everyone there was telling eachother they all wanted to go somewhere else. :wink: I guess they were planning on setting up DDR, and were worried that even that wouldn't fit.

I've been floating around on cloud 9 today. . . Even if nothing happens, even the thoughts that things might happen keep a permanent smile on my face.