The Hulk

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

The Hulk

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 24th 2003, 3:22 pm

Has anyone seen The Hulk yet? I thought about seeing it last weekend, but a cartoon Hulk just can't compare to Lou F. Plus, the reviews I've read have been mixed. So, has anyone been brave?
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 24th 2003, 3:36 pm

I saw it last weekend. I'd give it a B+. The CG is well done and didn't bother me at all, even after hearing all the roomers that it was horrible. It's shot like a comic book, with picture in picture style transitions and split screens seeing the same scene from multiple angles. I thought this really helped the movie. I’ve heard that this is the best comic book movie since the original Batman, and I’d have to agree. With all due respect to X-men, which I really enjoyed, the Hulk feels like comic book brought to life. I like the X-men characters better, but it feels like a Hollywood movie based on comic book characters, not a movie realization of a comic (you’ll understand if you see it). The acting is well done and really helps give this movie credibility. It is two and a half hours long, so you get a healthy serving of the green machine, all in all, I’d say it’s a fun summer movie and worth you buck.

I'll give it a green thumbs up.:thumpup:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 24th 2003, 3:43 pm

I was never really interested in seeing this movie, but I was turned off completely when I read a quote from Ang Lee somewhere about him trying to: "turn fast food into fine cuisine"

Whatever d****ebag, respect your source material.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 24th 2003, 3:58 pm

fnordboy wrote:Whatever d****ebag, respect your source material.
See...the way I see it, he's probably only the second director to actually respect his source material. The other was Sam Raimi.

But, I've yet to actually see the movie, so my reference is only from the previews. Hell, he even made sure to keep the purple pants, for whatever reason.

You have to admit that comics are not always the best written things. They have purposefully written thousands of books with 10 year olds in mind. These don't exactly lend themselves to being a "great movie." They're churning them out, trying to do it as cheaply as possible, and get it out in a limited amount of time. "Fast food". Now, a big summer movie, they have to put quite a bit more work into it, cause there's a lot more riding on it. Its not like they can say, "Oh, well, sales were down on this one, but next month, we'll work a little harder on the story, and sales will be back up"

Oh, and so you know, I've got 6 longboxes under my bed. So I have just a little understanding on the subject...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."