Summer Solstice

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Summer Solstice

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 20th 2003, 8:25 pm

Anyone have plans for summer solstice? I always remember that conversation in the Great Gatsby about how people always intend to do something for the longest day of the year and then forget!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 20th 2003, 8:50 pm

I'm not lying about my memory. I've read Gatsby at least 10 times. I don't remember any talk about the summer solstice. GRRR!

I have no plans. Blah!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 21st 2003, 1:58 am

Eh you know, same ol' same ol'. Sacrifice a virgin to the Sun God, hit a BBQ afterwards...nothing new.

Actually I will probably just sleep and cry when I eventually wake up and see that it is yet another rainy weekend on the east coast.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 21st 2003, 11:35 am

fnordboy wrote:Eh you know, same ol' same ol'. Sacrifice a virgin to the Sun God, hit a BBQ afterwards...nothing new.
You say that like you can actually find a virgin in NJ.

:shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 21st 2003, 12:25 pm

Megs wrote:
fnordboy wrote:Eh you know, same ol' same ol'. Sacrifice a virgin to the Sun God, hit a BBQ afterwards...nothing new.
You say that like you can actually find a virgin in NJ.

:shock:
To quote the best poster in MSCL history:

"LOL!"

that about sums it up lmao. :lol: :lol:

meggrrrl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by meggrrrl » Jun 21st 2003, 11:50 pm

Actually I will probably just sleep and cry when I eventually wake up and see that it is yet another rainy weekend on the east coast.
Yeah, uh, could it rain some more? I mean gimme a break! It's almost July and I'm wearing sweats.

Actually I was totally unaware of solstice - was that today? I had food poisioning, so it was the perfect way to spend the longest possible day, then. Thanks a lot, God! *shaking fist at the sky*

Okay, I think I'm getting cranky because my husband ran off with the Harry Potter book.

Meg
------------------------
"Every home should have a daughter.
For there's nothing like a girl
To keep the world around her
In one continuous whirl.."
--Helen Steiner Rice

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 22nd 2003, 4:28 am

TomSpeed wrote:I'm not lying about my memory. I've read Gatsby at least 10 times. I don't remember any talk about the summer solstice. GRRR!
Just call me an elephant:

"In two weeks it'll be the longest day in the year." [Daisy] looked at us all radiantly. "Do you always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it? I always watch for the longest day in the year and then miss it."

"We ought to plan something," yawned Miss Baker, sitting down at the table as if she were getting into bed.

"All right," said Daisy. "What'll we plan?"
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?