100 Heroes & Villains

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

heros part II

Post by lance » Jun 16th 2003, 9:55 am

Okay,

Here is Heros continued...

Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (played by Sarah Michelle Geller) Joss Whedon said he wanted a show were the big bad monster chased down a girl into a dark alley...and the girl beat the tar out of the monster. Buffy delivers.

Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel (played by David Boreanaz) The man who put brood into brooding. The first, but not last, vampire with a soul who fell in love with the slayer.

Roy Fokker From Robotech. Fighter pilot, ace. Part of the first interracial couple I saw on television.

Han Solo from Star Wars (played by Harrison Ford)Rogue, mercenary, hero.

John Crichton from Farscape (played by Ben Browder) Astronaut caught in a distant part of the galaxy, John save the day time and time again.

Riddick from Pitch Black (played by Vin Diesel) Killer with gifted sight become the only hope for a marooned group of passengers

Back with villians.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 20th 2003, 1:24 pm

Back with top villians, again in no particular order

Khan from Star Trek (played by Richardo Montabahn) One of the best villians every. He was the perfect foil for Captain Kirk.

Pennywise from Stephen Kings IT (played by Tim Curry). One of the scariest villians ever. An evil clown bent on murder, don't stare into his deadlights.

Jude Andrews from Stephen Kings Golden Years (played by RD Call) A government assassin who will kill anyone to cover up the truth about Harlan Williams.

Mr. Dark From Something Wicked This Way Comes (played by Jonathan Pryce)
Before he sold Infiniti cars or appeared in Bond films, Jonathan Pryce played Mr. Dark. Dark who led his October people drawn by avarice, loneliness and desire. [spoiler] "29...gone! 30...gone! 35, still young enough to raise a family, 35...gone! 36, gone! 37, 38, 39, 40, you are lost!" [/spoiler] Definately worth watching.

Mr. Morden From Babylon 5 (played by Ed Wasser) "What do you want?" Mr. Morden asks what you want, but their is a price to be paid. Excellent villian.

Leader Desslock from Star Blazers (voiced by Eddie Allen) Out to conquer planet Earth Desslock is a formidable villian. Yet is he Earth's best hope for defeating the Comet Empire. If you have a chance to see the Star Blazers: Comet Empire on DVD there are two great interviews with Eddie Allen.

Scorpius from Farscape (played by Wayne Pygram) A powerful villian who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Lord Baltar from Battlestar Galactica (played by John Colicos) He is willing to sell our his own people to save his own skin.

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 23rd 2003, 4:52 am

lance wrote: Pennywise from Stephen Kings IT (played by Tim Curry). One of the scariest villians ever. An evil clown bent on murder, don't stare into his deadlights.
OMG! I had forgotten about this guy until you brought it up! I read IT when I was about 15 (I thought the film, which I saw soon afterwards, was totally naff in comparison) and I couldn't even look in the direction of a drain for months... definitely very scary.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 12th 2004, 8:28 am

A few heroes and villains not on the AFI list get my nod, but I agree with Gary that they can't easily be ranked, so at random:
  • Hero: Nina, Point of No Return -- Really the French should have the credit for Nikita, but the AFI list was limited to American films and PoNR wasn't bad for a remake.

Villain: Victor the Cleaner, PoNR -- From the same as above, though the original was better with Jean Reno.

Hero: Sarah Connor, Terminator 2 -- For overcoming evil cyborgs and her own hopelessness.

Villain: T-1000, T2 -- Very cold, spiked with a hint of sadism.

Hero: Raymond Shaw, The Manchurian Candidate -- He earned his medal in the end.

Hero: Marlin, Finding Nemo -- Flawed but indefatigable father.

Hero: John Nash, A Beautiful Mind -- First he fought Russian spies, then he struggled with his own mind.

Villain: Agent Smith, The Matrix -- You can really feel his disgust for humanity.

Villain: The Ghost & the Darkness, The Ghost and the Darkness -- What Jaws did to beach resorts, this duo did to colonial railroads.

Villain: The Jackal, The Day of the Jackal -- He'd go to any length to complete his task.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain