Fun poll

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Fun poll

Post by socalledfan » May 9th 2001, 2:16 pm

Hi all. I just thought I would take an informal poll. Can everyone please tell me the following... (I've included my answers)

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Angela and Brian in the street in the final episode.
Favorite, like, quote: "School is a battlefield...for your heart."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne...enough said.
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Sharon and Angela crying in the girls' room, realizing their friendship had changed.
I got chills when: Jordan and Angela nearly kiss against the fence outside of the dance ("The Life of Brian")
I cringed when: Brian tells Delia he'd rather go to the dance with "the other person"
I cried when: Angela and Rayanne recited lines from the school play
I smiled biggest when: Jordan grabbed Angela's hand in "Self Esteem"
I laughed hardest when: Angela takes her coffee "black, with 3 or 4 sugars."
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan for now, but Brian some day
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes, but after a long time
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela (introspective, emotional)
Character I'd most like to befriend: Rickie
Character who grew the most over that year: Jordan

Have fun!

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Fun poll

Post by K-man » Jul 3rd 2001, 3:15 am

Here Goes:
1. Favorite Episode: Weekend (I know I'm gonna get hazed for this one but at least I'm honest.)
2. Favorite Moment: Self Esteem, Jordan grabs her hand. No contest for me.
3.Favorite Quote: My life is different people kicking me out of different rooms. Danielle (I know how she feels sometimes)
4.Least Favorite Moment: Anything between Hallie and Patty. Tension so thick you could scoop it up and bottle it.
5. Event that resembled an event in my life: Tough one.
6. I got chills when Angela approaches Jordan's car in Dancing in the dark.
7. I cringed when Angela approaches Jordan at the pool table at the Buffalo Tom show. You just knew what was coming.
8. I cried when: MTV stopped airing re-runs in Fall '98.
9. I smiled biggest when: Please refer to #2.
10. I laughed hardest when: Brian says "Oh My God" in Weekend. Honorable mention: Graham says "Go to school" when Danielle asks about the parents having to meet her boyfriend if they already knew him. Honorable mention#2 Jordan asks Brian, "Why are you here?" in Dancing in the Dark.
11. Angela should choose: Tough Call. You know she wanted Jordan. You also know Brian was better for her. My opinion; She marries jordan and two years later divorces him and spends the rest of her life with Krakow.
12. Should Angela and RayAnne make up: Yes
13. Which personality is most like mine: Brian, Always fallin' for that unreachable girl.
14. I would most like to befriend: Rayanne
15. Character which grew the most: Patty- Bess Armstrong is a great actress. (Check out nothing in common with Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason. 1987) I think if you had to choose one person who could have stolen the show from Angela it was Patty. She grew to be the focus of the show. Angela's relationship with Patty was turning into the focus of the show. Rayanne desperately seeks her approval very early on. As does Ricky. Graham....enough said. Danielle is dying to get Mom's attention. And the fact that Jordan has not yet met Patty builds huge drama and tension as the show winds to an end...How would their relationship have grown had there been a second season? What does Hallie think of Patty?...Jealous? It seems that a major theme in the show became how everyone perceived Patty's opinion of themself. I digress.

k-man

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Jul 3rd 2001, 3:20 am

K-man, thanks for taking my poll! I was beginning to think that no one would ever reply to that one!

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jul 3rd 2001, 5:11 am

I'll have to get back to you with this one....some great questions with lots to think about! Looks like I'll have to go and watch some episodes again to decide on my answers!!! (shame!!!!)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 3rd 2001, 7:49 am

Favorite over-all episode: the last ep (I can never remember titles)
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Angela and Jordan making up in the hall
Favorite, like, quote: "...if they made a yearbook of what really happened..it would be a really depressing book."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne...enough said. I second that.
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: the uncomfortable scene when Angela asked Jordan out to a movie
I got chills when: Jordan and Angela kissed for the first time
I cringed when: when Angela asked Jordan out
I cried when: Angela and Jordan argued in his garage, and then when he came to officially break up and then when Angela and Rayanne recited lines from the school play. those are the top three
I smiled biggest when: Jordan sang "Red" and Angela thought it was about her
I laughed hardest when: Angela takes her coffee "black, with 3 or 4 sugars." yeah, me too!!
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan for her high school sweet heart and neither for her husband
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes, but after a long time
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela (introspective, emotional)
Character I'd most like to befriend: Rickie
Character who grew the most over that year: I would have to say Rayanne. she overcame so much. in the beginning she was irresponsible and partied all the time. but over the season she got clean, calmed down, and truly learned the meaning of friendship (probably more than anyone on the show).

sorry for leaving so many of the same answers as you, but I agreed. a lot of those questions are so tough to answer. I think the ones I wrote down are just the ones I could think of immediately.

emmie

Lacy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lacy » Jul 3rd 2001, 11:45 am

Favorite over-all episode: tie between Self-Esteem & So-Called Angels
Favorite moment between two characters: Rayanne & Sharon on Christmas Eve
Favorite quote:"Why are you like this?" "Like what?" "Like how you are."
Least favorite moment between two characters: When Jordan gets mad at Angela in "Pressure"
and tells her she's "abnormal."
Event that most resembled an event in my life: Jordan trying to apologize to Angela in "In Dreams"
I got chills when: Angela & Jordan make eye contact at the World Happiness Dance in "Life of
Brian."
I cringed when: Angela was making up that stupid lie about the 5 page letter she wrote to Jordan
and how she was telling him it was about someone else (I hate watching that part).
I cried when: Jordan didn't show up to meet the parents in "Why Jordan Can't Read"
I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand and walks down the hall with her
I laughed hardest when: Rayanne a.k.a Jade was talking Brian a.k.a. Steve out of crying on
Christmas Eve
I hoped that Angela chose: Jordan
I hoped that Rayanne and Angela would make up: yes (eventually)
Character who's personality is most like mine: mix between Angela and Sharon
Character I'd most like to befriend: Danielle (she's always left out)
Character who grew the most: Patty

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jul 4th 2001, 3:52 am

Ooo...these questions are really hard to answer and so I have had to give two answers to most of the questions because I couldn't decide between them!

Here goes:-

Favourite over-all episode: 'Self-Esteem' (for obvious reasons) and 'The Zit'
Favourite moment between 2 characters: Delia and Rickie dancing at that World Happiness Dance in 'The Life of Brian' (so cool!) and Brian telling the principal he would sue him for harrassment in 'Guns and Gossip'...Go Krakow!
Favourite quote: (I had to really think about this one 'cos there's loads!) "There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in this way that other people can't, because they've seen you change....they've LET you change"!
Least favourite moment between two characters: Angela and Jordan in THAT house in 'Pressure'....it makes you feel so uncomfortable for her!
Event resembling my own life: All of the rows Angela has with her mum!
I got the chills when: Mr Katimski reads out the Shakespeare sonnet to the class and Jordan realises he's in love with Angela! Hurrah! "My mistess' eyes are nothing like the sun....."
I cringed when: Angela asks Jordan to the cinema.....and to meet her parents! ARGH! How embarrassing! (I also cringe when I see Graham and Hallie together!)
I cried when: I ALWAYS cry at the end of 'So-Called Angels' and 'The Zit'...they get me everytime!
I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand in the corridor in 'Self-Esteem' (to Buffalo Tom's music)....about time too!!!
I laughed hardest when: Danielle asks 'did you mean foreplay?' and Graham, trying not to react, coughs on his food... I thought that entire scene was brilliantly acted.
I hope that Angela choses: BRIAN!!!!! (especially after that look she gave him at the end of episode 19....let's face it, Jordan blew his chance!)
I hope that Angela and Rayanne: DON'T make up! I think she had a better relationship with Sharon....they always come through for each other in the end!
Character I am most like: Angela!!
Character I would most like to befriend: Brain or Rickie
Character who grew the most over that year: Sharon (who changed so much in every way and is the most mature) and Rickie (who went through so much in his personal life and circumstances and finally admitted to Delia that he was gay)

Thanks socalledfan, that was fun!

Joanna -x-

Post by Guest » Jul 5th 2001, 4:06 am

Favorite over-all episode: Life of Brian
Favorite moment between two characters: When Angela and Jordan kiss in his car in Why Jordan
can't read.
Favorite quote: "Duh, squared." -Rayanne and Sharon
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Anything between Graham and Hallie
Event that most resembled an event in my life: Angela and Sharon's breakup and then make-up
I got chills when: Angela talks to Nicky Driscoll in Halloween
I cried when: Brian sees Jordan and Angela outside the dance,against the fence. (Well not really
cried, but I felt bad for him because he was obviously hurt by it.)
I smiled biggest when: Rayanne tells Brian she's afraid of the dark because her dad used to lock
her in the basement or whatever and then he tries to comfort her. Then she laughs at him.
I laughed hardest when: Brian reads "Haiku for Him" in The Substitute
I cringed when: Angela falls in the puddle of mud in Pilot
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up: Yes, but she'd still be friends with Sharon
I hope that Angela chose: Jordan (its what she really wants)
Character I'd like to befriend: Jordan
Character who grew the most: Angela

adam
Three Rivers Resident

Post by adam » Jul 5th 2001, 4:34 am

Favorite over-all episode: The Substitute and Life of Brian
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Angela and brian in why Jordan can't read when she is bitching at him at the end.
Favorite, like, quote: "My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive." Note: Do not use this as a senior quote they will not like it.
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Brian and delia outside of the fast food place.
I got chills when: Jordan sang his song for Angela
I cringed when: Brian tells Delia he'd rather go to the dance with "the other person"
I cried when: rayanne was ODing in the bathroom.
I smiled biggest when: Brian threatened to sue the Principal
I laughed hardest when: Rayanne notices brian looking at her in the Halloween episode
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Brian NERDS RULE
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes but with a little anger between them
Character whose personality is most like mine: Brian
Character I'd most like to befriend: Jordan
Character who grew the most over that year: Brian

adam
Three Rivers Resident

Date

Post by adam » Jul 5th 2001, 4:36 am

if someone reads this why does it say the date is the 5th when it is the 4th of july??? just wondering.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Date

Post by Sascha » Jul 5th 2001, 6:17 am

Yeah, our server was a little bit out of sync. I hope it's correct now :)

Sascha.

adam
Three Rivers Resident

Post by adam » Jul 5th 2001, 12:42 pm

ha ha :P i was just checking that i wasn't crazy thats all.

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Jul 5th 2001, 3:16 pm

Oh...you made that post on the 4th? How disappointing, Adam, I had
assumed, somehow, that my computer was receiving these posts from
the future.

Dengar
Jody Barsh

Post by Dengar » Jul 6th 2001, 7:10 pm

fav episode: Dancing in the Dark
fav moment between 2 or more char: angela and jordan at the party from the pilot
fav quote: "This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do."
least fav moment:
event that most resembled my life: when angela trys to exsplain to rayanne how shed rather have the fantacy of jordan over the actuall thing. ( i got pushed into talking to her just like angela, it was pretty horible;)
i got chills when: angela read "the letter" in dreams
i cringed when: brian told delia he wanted to go to the dance with somone else.
i hope angela chose: brian
i hope angela and rayanne make up: yes, angela needs to realize that what rayanne did wasnt realy all that bad, and she forgave jordan right?
personality most like mine: brian, although im not as smart:)
person id befriend: jordan, im a bass player, wed probably get along.
charecture that grew the most: jordan
least fav episode: weekend

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jul 11th 2001, 3:10 pm

I nearly forgot!......I love the scene where Brain shouts at Angela "YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF INSANITY - I DO NOT!" in 'Self-Esteem'....that's a great line!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"