I want to BE her!

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

I want to BE her!

Post by angelika » Aug 9th 1999, 2:29 am

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow--it's going to be shoulder length, and then I'm going to dye it auburn. This isn't the first time I've done this, but now I'm wondering... Is this an unhealthy thing to do? Does anyone else have a small desire to be Angela? I just see so many similarities already--we might as well have the same hairstyle, right? :-) Let me know if any of you have the same similarities. :-D

grim4746
Krakow

Re: I want to BE her!

Post by grim4746 » Aug 9th 1999, 2:48 am

original message deleted.
Last edited by grim4746 on Jan 24th 2006, 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Aug 9th 1999, 4:01 pm

If you want to be just like her, instead of "auburn" you should color your hair "crimson glow"

grim4746
Krakow

Re: Crimson Golw

Post by grim4746 » Aug 10th 1999, 3:46 am

People have tried to find that colour, from what I'm told it's impossible to find and probably doesn't exist.

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by angelika » Aug 10th 1999, 4:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and input. Well, I did it. My hair is now shoulder length and bright red. It was SUPPOSED to be auburn, but I think it DID turn out to be more of a "Crimson Glow." It's quite drastic, but I like it. OH--and did I tell you that I bought the Cranberries CD? I can't even listen to "Dreams" without seeing Angela laying on her bed. And I'll agree with whoever said this earlier: I wish the MSCL soundtrack included more songs such as "Dreams" instead of songs like "Drop a Bomb" by Madder Rose. Maybe someone else should compile a "real" soundtrack. :-) Oh--and thanks again for your replies!

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Aug 10th 1999, 5:58 pm

Hey, great! It sounds like you are really into the part. About the Cranberries, I did the same thing - went out and bought the CD as soon as I figured out who did the song. I did the same with REM - I really like the track "Everybody Hurts Sometimes".

Yeah, I agree with you about the MSCL soundtrack. cya!

Post by Guest » Nov 1st 1999, 4:42 pm

I look SO much like her. Everyone says so.
Just like Claire, my hair is natural blonde, with some dark spots, it's very thin & straight. It's also the exact same style & width...about shoulder length.
My eyes are the same color as her's.
&....lol, my nose! Oh my gosh, they're the same too.
I know most people hate her nose, but who cares? i don't! I'm proud to be who I am!
From,
Robin (RobinRAJ@aol.com)

mia
Yearbook Team

Re: Crimson Golw

Post by mia » Nov 1st 1999, 5:25 pm

Manic Panic used t make Crimson Glow, but that was so long ago they've probably discontinued the color.

toolostinyou
Jody Barsh

Post by toolostinyou » Jun 15th 2004, 7:13 pm

wow this thread is old!!!! but what the heck, i'll post anyway.

because i'm young i'm just getting into the series now as its rerunning on the n. but before i started watching it i started noticing all these changes about myself and the way i was acting and thinking and stuff. i even wanted to dye my hair red before i realized the whole story behind angela doing the same thing!!! then i started watching MSCL and realized that the changes and everything i was feeling were alot like angela. even though i'm the farthest thing from an angela look alike, we think and feel practically the same. the difference is that shes making the changes she craves and desires and i can't seem to find a way to make it happen.
"Apparently Delia Fischer smiles at everyone. She probably comes from one of
those small towns where everyone's friendly and smiles at you for no reason.
I hate that type of town."
-- Brian

_RED_
Tino

Post by _RED_ » Jun 16th 2004, 9:23 pm

[quote="toolostinyou"]

but before i started watching it i started noticing all these changes about myself and the way i was acting and thinking and stuff. i even wanted to dye my hair red before i realized the whole story behind angela doing the same thing!!! then i started watching MSCL and realized that the changes and everything i was feeling were alot like angela. even though i'm the farthest thing from an angela look alike, we think and feel practically the same. quote]

LOL!! Thats the exact same with me. I dyed my hair too, and cut it, its kind of maroon though, im gonna find a better color and try it again. But it is really bright in the sun. lol.
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have recieved instructions on where to go and what to do.
~*~*Red*~*~

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 10th 2004, 12:05 pm

Yeah that first post is kind of old, but I would have to say I did the same exact thing. I started liking this show on the N. Then I got my hands on the dvd box set. I went out and cut my hair just like her's and dyed it Auburn!! So Now im happy to read these posts... ( im not the only crazy one out there ) lol