Strangers With Candy - Comedy Central - Season 1 DVD

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Strangers With Candy - Comedy Central - Season 1 DVD

Post by fnordboy » May 30th 2003, 1:59 am

Finally!!!

I don't know if anyone here is a fan or not of the show Strangers With Candy, but it will be coming out on DVD in about 2 weeks. Well, Season 1 will be coming out then, hopefully with seasons 2 and 3 to follow soon.

If you don't know this was a series that aired on Comedy Central a few years back that starred Amy Sedaris as Jerri Blank a 47 year old "former user, boozer, and loser" who moves back in with her father, stemother and stepbrother and returns to High School.

It was very odd show, but was friggin hilarious, see for yourself there are some clips at the website:
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/s ... ndex.jhtml

View the DVD info here:
http://shop.comedycentral.com/product/i ... age=family

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

dvd

Post by lance » May 30th 2003, 9:12 am

Fnordboy,

Nope never heard of the show. I am glad though for fans of the show that it is finally coming to DVD. Ever show that comes to DVD helps out the rest of us who are waiting for other series to come out.

Enjoy.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 30th 2003, 9:51 am

I saw the first few episodes. It was a weird show. It fell off of my radar though.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 17th 2003, 6:00 pm

Well i just picked this up at lunch today at Best Buy. Nice but flimsy box, 2 discs. Shouldnt be too bad, hoping the quality is ok with 5eps on a disc. Guess I will find out tonight.

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Jun 17th 2003, 7:37 pm

Thanx for the info!!! I've always loved that show. I never even knew it was coming out. Maybe I'll pick it up when I hit up Best Buy tomorrow.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 18th 2003, 12:48 am

ducksqueak wrote:Thanx for the info!!! I've always loved that show. I never even knew it was coming out. Maybe I'll pick it up when I hit up Best Buy tomorrow.
Best Buy has it for a really good price, I think it was 24.99, which is not bad at all for a season (10 eps).

I just got a ton of DVDs in from the UK today (about 7) so I am torn as to what to watch :D , but I will atleast watch on ep. of SWC tonight at some point :::looks at clock and notices the time running out before sleep :shock: :::

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 19th 2003, 7:46 pm

Thanks much Fnordboy!!!! This is great news (to me). I love this dark, filthy, dimented show! :twisted: I had no idea it was even close to being released on DVD. I am very happy. As Krakolano once quipped here in the forum...."Strangers With Candy was the dirtiest, most hysterical show ever!". I concur. Thanks again! :D :D :D :D Now if you'll just tell us Parker Lewis Can't Lose is available at Best Buy. :wink:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 20th 2003, 2:45 am

K-man wrote:Thanks much Fnordboy!!!! This is great news (to me). I love this dark, filthy, dimented show! :twisted: I had no idea it was even close to being released on DVD. I am very happy. As Krakolano once quipped here in the forum...."Strangers With Candy was the dirtiest, most hysterical show ever!". I concur. Thanks again! :D :D :D :D Now if you'll just tell us Parker Lewis Can't Lose is available at Best Buy. :wink:
No problemo :) I forgot just how funny some of these episodes were...like the Pleasure Island episode...one fo the best eps they made.

I wish I could tell you PLCL is available...one day hopefully. It is looking brighter with some of the more obscure stuff coming out like Strangers With Candy, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and Sealab 2021 coming out soon. It is a good time for us TV Show geeks.. :D

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 20th 2003, 10:46 pm

Yes Sireeeee, a very good time for us TV geeks indeed!

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Jun 22nd 2003, 11:47 pm

But still no ROSWELL :(
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 22nd 2004, 9:51 pm

Has anyone been catching the re-runs on Comedy Central in the afternoons of this show? I love it!!!!!! They are also running eps of Upright Citizens Brigade. I am so glad I am an unemployed bum with a satellite dish right now! :lol: