RIP Gregory Peck

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

RIP Gregory Peck

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 12th 2003, 2:56 pm

I just read this a few minutes ago. I need to go home and watch Roman Holiday.

:cry:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 12th 2003, 3:21 pm

Yeah I read this earlier today :( sad news.

He was in some damn good movies.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 12th 2003, 3:27 pm

Weird that he died the same day that Audrey Hepburn's stamp was released. Now I REALLY have to go home and watch Roman Holiday!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 12th 2003, 3:30 pm

candygirl wrote:Weird that he died the same day that Audrey Hepburn's stamp was released. Now I REALLY have to go home and watch Roman Holiday!
Roman Holiday is one of my favorite (if not the favorite) Audrey Hepburn movies.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jun 12th 2003, 5:58 pm

OMG... Gregory Peck AND David Brinkley died on the same day???

Gary

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 13th 2003, 10:48 am

GaryEA wrote:OMG... Gregory Peck AND David Brinkley died on the same day???

Gary
Yup,

Definately a sad day. I loved Gregory Peck in Moby Dick and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Brinkley was cool on This Week.

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jun 13th 2003, 1:17 pm

Yesterday was surreal. I was on my way to work, and the local news adio station announced that David Brinkley had died from complications from a fall. By the time I got to my desk, Gregory Peck had passed away as well.

Last night, I watched Larry King interview Dan Rather (my personal fave) about Brinkley. It was a very interesting eulogy, if you will. The man was a pioneer in the field, and I had no idea that he had ruffled so many feathers with his unflinching approach. Made me respect both the man and his work more.

Can you believe I've never seen "Mockingbird" or "Moby Dick"? What kind of film grad am I? No, wait. Don't answer that. Regardless, I'm going to have to indulge in these films as soon as I can.

Gary

p.s. Not to sound insensitive, but if one were apply the "they always die in threes" principle, one name would be missing. :cry:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 14th 2003, 10:01 am

GaryEA wrote:Yesterday was surreal. I was on my way to work, and the local news adio station announced that David Brinkley had died from complications from a fall. By the time I got to my desk, Gregory Peck had passed away as well.

Last night, I watched Larry King interview Dan Rather (my personal fave) about Brinkley. It was a very interesting eulogy, if you will. The man was a pioneer in the field, and I had no idea that he had ruffled so many feathers with his unflinching approach. Made me respect both the man and his work more.

Can you believe I've never seen "Mockingbird" or "Moby Dick"? What kind of film grad am I? No, wait. Don't answer that. Regardless, I'm going to have to indulge in these films as soon as I can.

Gary

p.s. Not to sound insensitive, but if one were apply the "they always die in threes" principle, one name would be missing. :cry:
LOL!

You must see these films GaryEA or suffer the severe scolding that only Fnordboy can apply.

:wink:

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 14th 2003, 8:11 pm

Or the spanking that...uh, never mind!

:shock:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 15th 2003, 5:09 am

fnordboy wrote:Roman Holiday is one of my favorite (if not the favorite) Audrey Hepburn movies.
I agree. A german TV station aired "Roman Holiday" yesterday (because of Gregory Peck's death) and I couldn't resist to watch the entire movie again - I've seen it the last time about one or two years ago.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 15th 2003, 9:18 am

candygirl wrote:Or the spanking that...uh, never mind!

:shock:
LOL! Naughty, naughty Candygirl.

Best,

Lance Man