"Famous" people you have met that sucked

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

"Famous" people you have met that sucked

Post by fnordboy » Jun 10th 2003, 3:31 pm

Well this is born from a post I just did in the Afterlife section. Basically what famous people have you met in real life that were just such a let down. Were they just an asshole? Rude? Uninterested/ing? Let's try not to make this a bitchfest though ;)

I will start it off with one of my experiences. I wouldn't exactly call it a "meeting" but I had a quick exchange with Donovan Leitch the actor/model/musician who is the son of 60s icon Donovan and brother of Ione Skye (Say Anything). I really liked him in the movie Gas Food & Lodging. His band, Nancy Boy, was playing a show at a local club so I went to check them out. Not the best band by far, but an OK show. After their set I went up to him and his groupies and gave him the nod+"hey, good show man" and he turned and looked at me and snottily replied " the name is Donovan". I politely gave him the f***-you-you-egotistical-prick look and left. Was going to buy the cd but after that said nope.

Anyone else?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 10th 2003, 3:57 pm

I had an encounter with Drew Bledsoe that left a bitter taste in my mouth. I worked at a marina renting boats and pumping gas one summer. Drew has a place on the lake and he reserved our nicest pontoon boat for a week. After showing up 3 or 4 days late for the boat (which the manager never charged him for) he then kept it longer than he said and returned it as a filthy mess. It had garbage everywhere including cheatoes ground into the carpet. We gave him the boat at a reduced price, he paid by credit card, and on the tip line, left nothing. We bent over backwards to make sure he had a good experience and he stiffed us on the tip, and left us with huge mess to cleanup. I’d like to add that no one ever asked for his autograph, we treated him like a regular guy with the best service possible. Supposedly he’s a big community activist, but to us, he was an ass.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 10th 2003, 6:14 pm

nothingman wrote:we treated him like a regular guy
Maybe that's why he was an ass - some celebrities expect to be fawned over by fans wherever they go and are insulted when you treat them like Joe Nobody.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 10th 2003, 6:39 pm

Maybe not a celeb being an ass, but a funny story about meeting a celebrity:

I was filling in for a friend doing dishes at a high scale restaurant in Savannah, GA. They were shooting Legend of Bagger Vance there, and all the trailers were lined up behind the restaurant. One night, after soaked to the elbow in dirty water, and an apron covered in muck, I was taking out the garbage. It happened that Matt Damon was about to leave, and there were about 12 girls all fawning around him, getting autographs and pictures.

After I dumped the garbage in the can, I walked over, shook his hand, and thanked him for the work he's done. He shook my hand and thanked me. I turned around and walked away, wiping my hands off on my apron and smiling like crazy.

I'm not sure if he knew I just hauled off the trash, but it must have been interesting shaking hands with a guy in a dirty apron who just walked by.. :D
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jun 11th 2003, 10:35 pm

I can't say I've met any celbrities, much less a celebrity being an ass.

Still, I wouldn't want to judge them as an ass after one encounter, although the Drew Bledsoe and Donovan examples sure sound like they suck.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 19th 2003, 10:35 pm

I have a friend who works at a certain hunting preserve and he told me that Reba Mcintyre (sp) once stayed there and she was quote, "not a nice lady". (he's too nice of a person to ever call anyone a b**ch)
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 21st 2003, 4:52 pm

I've heard a story about the singer/songwriter of The Ataris, Kris Roe, who really liked Claire Danes a lot. So he meets her, and offered her one of the albums of his band, but she didn't want to have it. Since then he doesn't like her that much anymore. Don't know if it's true though. I never really met any celibrities in my life, at least not for as far as I remember.
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."