Chat

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Chat

Post by K-man » Apr 10th 2002, 11:44 am

Does anyone know if the chat room here on MSCL.com still works? I get a message saying I have to upgrade a new tool package or something and that this package is no longer free.

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens.

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Chat

Post by somamoons » Apr 10th 2002, 1:43 pm

It didn't work for me either.

I thought the "whatever happens, happens" line was a great addition to that post! It made me laugh. :)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 10th 2002, 3:06 pm

Oh, this is bad. We'll look for another solution.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 10th 2002, 4:35 pm

Thanks Sascha!

Post by Guest » Apr 10th 2002, 10:11 pm

Hi, I didn't know there was a chat area here...I'd love to pop in, whenever I'm online...Could someone reply back to this thread with details about how to do this..when it gets worked out?

Thanks
R

Post by Guest » Apr 12th 2002, 12:47 pm

On the left side of the screen, there is a section called "Cafeteria" and under that is the link to the chat room.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 12th 2002, 1:00 pm

But if you click on 'chat' you get a message saying it is unavailable. (At least I do.) I think it is being worked on by the good folks here at MSCL.com though. I'm hoping they work the kinks out soon. (they always do)

Post by Guest » Apr 12th 2002, 10:28 pm

Hi, I got the same message..unavailable...I hope MSCL people will post an update when it becomes available, look forward to using it in the future.

Thanks
R

Re: When Chat Worked Was it Used?

Post by Guest » Apr 13th 2002, 6:32 pm

Hi, Just out of curiousity, when the chat function was working, was it used? How did you catch people to hook up? Just wondering since I didn't realize there was a chat here on this site.

R

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 15th 2002, 11:20 am

I am not sure how often it was used as I have been coming to MSCL.com for quite a while but only discovered the forum about a year ago. And I only learned of the chat recently. I have never gone into a chat room before so I kinda shyed away from it. When I worked up the nerve to try and go in there I got the error message. I did notice in some old posts between Jack and Oldguy that they seemed to use the chatroom in '99. Since the board seems to be alive since the DVD news I would think there would be plenty of interest in chatting among Lifer's. In case you didn't know, there is a link under the cafeteria header where we can set up notice of chat times. Though it would probably be more efficient to use the forum for that. Hope this helps.

Post by Guest » Apr 15th 2002, 10:41 pm

Thanks K-man, I look forward to catching up w/ you on this if it ever like starts working, like you..I didn't even know it like existed, not real familar with how it works either.

R

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 16th 2002, 8:15 am

Just a quick update: We will install a new chat software in a few days (I hope in a week or so). Stay tuned :)

Sascha
--
http://www.mscl.com