DVD Discoveries Disc

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

DVD Discoveries Disc

Post by Jason R » May 13th 2003, 8:14 pm

While people are waiting for the supposed bonus disc to appear, I figured I'd give a plug to the guys at DVDAngle.com. For those who don't know about the site, they produced a DVD about DVDs (kind of like the equivalent of a coffee table book about coffee tables).

Anyway, I appeared on the disc to talk about the MSCL experience, although it only describes the MSCL project in a cursory way. It's more about getting niche content and shows released on DVD. I filmed it pretty much the same week that the "s**t hit the fan" with AU, and I look like it. So there is some additional humor value.

If people are interested, I can obtain these at an extremely reduced price for the people who were burnt by AU. To avoid the appearance of profiteering from the AU.com debacle, I have been hesitant to write about this, but I also feel a desire to help an independent DVD site. I have also decided that I will not allow AU.com's idiocy to dictate what I do or don't do.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know. I am looking to do something that would be about $4-5 including the shipping (for USA). Add about another $.50 for Canada, and about an additional $3 for Europe (basing this crudely off of my experience selling DVDs of the same weight (5oz-6oz). I would be taking advantage of my ability to buy these at wholesale (having appeared on it, I can buy pretty cheap), and adding zero dollars to the final price.

I would ask for nothing up front, but would just want to gauge the interest. You can email me at dvd@drygrass.com if you are interested. I can provide independent proof of customer satisfaction for things I've sold online.

I am also interested in donating a number of these. So if you feel like you were particularly screwed and unable to pay, let me know. I will try to get at least 20-30 copies that I can send for free, postage paid by me.

Best
Jason

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 13th 2003, 8:20 pm

I just recently got my hands on one of these (thanks Gary!), and I have to say the disc is pretty interesting, and no not just because Jason looks like he hasn't slept in a few days ;) .

At that price they are definitely more than worth it. Has interesting info on the process of making (like, manufacturing making) DVDs which i thought was cool in that Educational film sort of way.

Just avoid that one chapter with the "fake film", just awful IMO.

I do wish this was filmed later on when Jason knew more about the debacle and felt even more bitter towards Ross. Then it would have been a great bitchfest :lol:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 13th 2003, 8:27 pm

I was pretty frickin' bitter, even then. But not as bitter as now. :wink:

However, I don't think that people wanted to watch me bitch for 12 minutes. Pretty much the only thing I said about Ross & Co. was "if you want to learn more about what happened, just type MSCL box set into Google.com."

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » May 14th 2003, 5:26 pm

fnordboy wrote:I just recently got my hands on one of these (thanks Gary!), and I have to say the disc is pretty interesting, and no not just because Jason looks like he hasn't slept in a few days ;) .
:lol:
A few days? :) If you know Jason, you know he doesn't sleep at all! Seriously--At. All.

OMG... plugging a DVD you were on! *gasp* What will people say about that? *ROFL*

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 2nd 2003, 6:48 pm

I'm probably going to put in the order in a few days, so if you are interested, let me know. I'm probably going to get about 10-20 extra copies.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Jun 2nd 2003, 8:27 pm

Jason - I'm interested.
Michelle
michelle.e.meltzer@elmira.edu
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Jun 3rd 2003, 6:17 am

I am intested too...

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Jun 3rd 2003, 9:20 am

Jason . . I emailed you at the drygrass address expressing an interest in getting a copy of the DVD that can take place of my bonus DVD. Let me know how much you will need for the disc and I can send payment.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 3rd 2003, 10:30 am

OK, this is going to be a revolutionary concept. I'm not asking for any $ until I have the discs in my hands. :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 1:48 pm

It's like you're speaking a different language - you mean I don't have to mortgage my house and give you a down payment then double pay before you ship it to me? I'm getting totally confused now.

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 3rd 2003, 2:13 pm

candygirl wrote:It's like you're speaking a different language - you mean I don't have to mortgage my house and give you a down payment then double pay before you ship it to me? I'm getting totally confused now.

:wink:
I know right?!? I don't know...sounds a bit sketchy to me ;) :P

mrsoul
Tino

Post by mrsoul » Jun 3rd 2003, 4:34 pm

I'm interested in getting the Discoveries DVD

mrsoul@ev1.net

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 3rd 2003, 5:03 pm

I'm probably going to be ordering them this week. I just got a kickass laptop on sale, so between that and the VSDA conference airfare my account is getting depleted. Heh. Now I know how Ross feels to have no money. :twisted:

Anyway, I'll keep you posted so I can overcharge everyone and then vanish from the board. /sarcasm

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 3rd 2003, 5:09 pm

bah
Last edited by Jason R on Jun 3rd 2003, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 3rd 2003, 5:11 pm

moo.
Last edited by Jason R on Jun 3rd 2003, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.