Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 12:38 am

I don't think a futon looks cheap so much as it looks young, only because a futon is one of those things you have in your first apartment when you can't afford a couch (or don't want to buy one knowing that it will be ruined after a few parties). Since you're putting it in the computer room (rather than in front of the tv), it's not really a statement about your age or bank account.

If you don't need a lot of extra seating, you could always go with a comfy chair (or a beanbag if you're still going for that college student look).

Will there be a black light too?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 2nd 2003, 7:50 am

I think I'm being made fun of here....

:?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Jun 2nd 2003, 9:57 am

Wow,

I am gone for a couple of days...

:shock:

Candy,

Thanks for the post of the bit of fan fiction and thanks for the Angel Season Two details. Major cool.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 1:49 pm

JPP13 wrote:I think I'm being made fun of here....

I promise I'll only make fun of you if you put the black light over the glass case enshrining the mint condition action figures.

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 2nd 2003, 2:27 pm

candygirl wrote: I promise I'll only make fun of you if you put the black light over the glass case enshrining the mint condition action figures.

Err... that would mean opening the packaging the figures came in...bad.

Not that i know anything about what you are talking about. Nope.

::quickly stows his carded Star Wars figures under the bed::::

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 2nd 2003, 6:37 pm

I'd respond further but I'm just too distracted by those handcuff things .... :wink:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 2nd 2003, 6:38 pm

Anyone notice that TNT splices their commercial breaks in at the wrong times? Kinda throws off the pacing of the shows...

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 6:47 pm

FX does the same thing with Buffy - very annoying! It's especially noticeable when the episode is hacked up during scenes that are supposed to follow each other IMMEDIATELY without any commercial interruption. For examle, in Tabula Rasa the scene should run as follows:
TARA: I don't know, I just ... think we both need some ... I don't know, space. Oh, I can't believe I'm saying this.

WILLOW: Are you saying you're gonna leave me?

Cut to Giles sitting on the sofa in the workout room.

GILES: I have to.

BUFFY: Uh-huh.
The last time that I saw this episode aired on FX, they put the commercial break between Willow and Giles. The rest of the scene is a minute or two long, but FX just couldn't wait.

:x

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 1:27 am

You can now view the S2 cover art at tvshowsondvd!

Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Jun 3rd 2003, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Jun 3rd 2003, 11:15 am

candygirl wrote:You can now view the S2 cover art at tvshowsondvd!

Candy,

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 6:57 pm

From SpoilerSluts.com
The writer who wrote the script that has been roaming around contacted me: <<Sources claim that it is a script written by someone who wants to get a job at ME.>> Just wanted to comment that the above statement is NOT TRUE. The script in question, which I wrote, was done as a writing sample for a production company other than Mutant Enemy. I've seen several "writers" on other sites (not this one) insinuate that I was using the spoiler sites to get a job with Joss. Ridiculous. I've never submitted a script to Joss. Never submitted a query letter. I had Anthony Head attached to the first script I ever had in development so it wouldn't be hard to get a spec script to ME if I wanted to. I don't need the stench of some cheap publicity stunt on me and don't like the implications that are floating around from people who neither know me or know my work. I'm not saying that's you but I thought it would be the proper thing to do to lay this on the table up front since you mentioned the script on your site. Source: Richard O'Sullivan, Lost Colony Entertainment

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 3rd 2003, 7:50 pm

I'm not sure what to make of that. Why write up an Angel script then? And how did it end up on the net. Odd.

aside - is that Faith and Angel dancing I see?

Anyway, it wasn't that bad a script, though I found it to be a little too direct. I think it would be more Joss's style to keep it a little more myserious, rather than divulge about 3 hours of information within the first 20 minutes. Also, given the criticism of Buffy becoming too much Spike, I do not think they will shoot straight out of the box with Spike occupying a central storyline.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 8:06 pm

JPP13 wrote:aside - is that Faith and Angel dancing I see?
Your eyes doth not deceive you!

I agree that ME would not have the first episode of Angel begin with nekkid Spike. They have enough going on as it is with W&H!

I think that the guy who wrote this foiler just pulled off one the greatest self-promotion campaigns. Doesn't mean it will lead anywhere with ME since, but he sure got his name and work out there.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 3rd 2003, 8:18 pm

What struck me candy, I guess, was his somewhat cocky attitude (complete with the name drop), if he really thought this was going to get him an "in" with Mutant Enemy. If I was Joss, and I read that, I'd never use him. Don't you think he came off a tad pompous? As opposed to just saying it was fan-fic, and that he was flattered people mistook it for Whedon's work?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 8:35 pm

I agree - I was trying not to be judgemental in my last post because he obviously got himself an assload of publicity with that "leak," but I think that he really shot himself in the foot.

Joss is notorious for HATING spoilers on the internet so he would never want to hire someone who pulled a stunt like this.

I didn't like the name-dropping either. Notice that he doesn't mention what that "first script in development" is/was. If it had ever gotten out of development then he would just come out and say what it was. The fact that ASH was "attached" to the project at one point does not mean that this writer has any access to ASH anymore, so it's a bit of a stretch to imply that he could just call him up and say, "Hey, remember me? I wrote that script that never came to fruition and your agent talked to you about it? Could you let Joss know I have a script he might be interested in?"

I also would like to know how this script was leaked if he wasn't responsible for it. Why would a production company circulate someone's writing sample on the internet? I mean it's possible (but unlikely) that someone at the production company liked it so much that they forwarded a copy to someone and it exploded on the internet (a la South Park).

There were other ways to address the situation with a lot more class and grace. Methinks the writer doth protest too much!

(that's TWO "doth"s in one day, in the same thread no less, for anyone who is keeping count)