MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Apr 2nd 2003, 11:55 pm

These last few episodes have been pretty weak, IMO. Relatively, of course. But I'm finding it hard to buy into Palmer's willingness to do everything Jack suggests, and Jack's willingness to have believed Saed Ali so easily and give Kate up so easily. SPeaking of whom, the woman who plays Kate is the worst actor. Her acting looks like an 8x10.

Kill Kim. Kill her now. She drags the show down.

FYI, I heard the guy who plays Tony really did sprain his ankle, so they had to write it in.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 3rd 2003, 12:47 am

I agree that the latest episodes have been pretty lame and unbelievable. True, a certain suspension of disbelief is required when watching any sort of television/film/theater performance BUT my take on this is that last year I was willing to suspend my disbelief because I was able to believe that a lot can happen in 24 hours. Aside from the car exploding and Teri getting amnesia, it seemed like an incredibly horrid but possible day. This season, though, it seems like they're trying too hard to cram a lot of stuff into one day. Most unbelievable is the fact that Palmer is going to start a war within hours of all that has transpired. Think what you want about the situation in Iraq but it did NOT happen instantaneously.

Things would be so much easier if Kim would meet her maker. I mean, the whole thing at the convenience store? After the whole thing at the bunker? After the whole thing with the crazy guy and the little girl? I'm just not buying any of her storylines anymore.

Kate has two expressions - disbelief/shock and pleading. I am tired of her too.

Interesting twist on the Carrie/Michelle dynamic though - not at all what it seemed to be (much to the consternation of my boyfriend!).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 3rd 2003, 11:56 pm

candygirl wrote:Interesting twist on the Carrie/Michelle dynamic though - not at all what it seemed to be (much to the consternation of my boyfriend!).
Heh, everytime I see those two, I think of this scene from "Hot Shots! Part Deux":
Michelle Rodham Huddleston: Oh, Ramada, how could you have been so blind? You were too wrapped up in being Miss Perfect College to notice me. Why concern yourself with the feelings of one insignificant roommate? One fabulous day, one incredible experience.

Ramada Rodham Hayman: I had no idea it meant so much to you.

Michelle Rodham Huddleston: I remember that day as if it were yesterday. The exhilaration of experimenting sharing something so new, so dangerous, so intimate. And I'll never forget the look on your face. The way the sweat glistened on your hard body. Then you tied my ankles. Tighter. Tighter. But it just wasn't right. It wasn't natural. Bungee-jumping is just too dangerous a sport.
:P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 9th 2003, 12:42 am

My two favorite quotes EVER from this season of 24:

(1) "Ow! My arm!" - Marie Warner

(2) "I'll call the police" - nurse
Jack's reply - "I AM the police."

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 16th 2003, 12:32 am

Not on the all time favorite 24 quotes, but damn funny for its insensitivity: Tony saying, "It's too bad you have to work together" after Michelle explains that she and Carrie are not lesbians.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 24th 2003, 2:40 am

I got a mad shout out from my boyfriend during this week's episode because I called Mike as a bad guy a few months ago. He kept saying, "No, Mike is just doing his job," so he felt all validated when Yulin went down. HA!

He's still riding high from calling Nina as the bad guy last season (I picked George :x )

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Apr 24th 2003, 9:00 pm

If Jack starts running around like a madass after having just temporarily died, that might slightly damage the show's credibility.

And it looks like the ex-Mrs. Palmer is not through having her fun yet.
- Jim

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 3:39 pm

Jim was right - Kiefer continued running around like a maniac after he "died," although I suppose the frequent heart attacks were the weak attempt at explaining that all is not well. I thought they lost their credibility long before this point anyway, so this was just one more thing to add to the pile!

What did you think of the finale? I just knew there would be an assasination attempt at the press conference, but I hope that Palmer makes it through to S3.

[spoiler]I hear Nina will be back![/spoiler]

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 2nd 2003, 6:19 pm

I agree, S2 was straining credibility on several fronts toward the end. And Dennis Haysbert, aka Pres Palmer, is a great asset to the series, often stealing scenes from Kiefer.

According to the official site, Palmer's hand-shaker was the same "Mandy" mercenary from the S1 opener.

The final battle was nicely shot at the historic LA Coliseum. I felt that the setting added weight to those scenes.

Even if they don't kill them off, is it too much to hope that Kim and Kate will be elsewhere for S3?

The official site was finally updated with a "Script to Screen" feature, detailing the behind-the-scenes work for the finale.

http://fox.com/24/
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jun 4th 2003, 10:36 pm

I'm sure that Palmer will be back in Season 3, but the way S2 ended, S3 will have to pick up shortly after the events of S2. They couldn't just skip over Palmer's recovery.

I didn't recognize Mandy until someone else mentioned it, so that kind of added a lot to what I thought was a good but not great finale. But like I said, her re-addition adds a lot of logic and theorizing and possible connections between season 1 and 2 and Nina and so much more.

As unbelievable as this show sometimes is, and as much as I hate Kim, it's still so much fun, and I can't see Kim being back for next season. The witers have learned their lesson. Let's hope.
- Jim

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

24: S2 Finale

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jun 8th 2003, 9:28 pm

While we'd like to think that Kim could be chucked from the series, I have a feeling she'll continue to be a presence because Jack needs that family component. With Teri gone, Kim serves that purpose and the father-daughter storyline is some of what drew Kiefer Sutherland to the project in the first place.

As for the finale, I liked it but then again, I tend to put aside the unbelievable aspects of the show to just immerse myself in the action. I liked how Mandy linked the S1 and S2 storylines together, and I have a feeling there is a much deeper history between Jack and Palmer than we ever realized.

It seems like so long to have to wait until October for this to be resolved. At least we have S1 DVDs to enjoy now and S2 DVDs to look forward to before the next season.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 18th 2003, 1:42 am

The official site has a preview of S3 up now . . . Palmer is alive. Tony is back, as is Kim, who is hooking up with Jack's new partner. Jack got screwed up in some creepy undercover assignment, and he's even nuttier than before. The Big Bad is threatening to release a biological weapon. The season premier will again be commercial-free.

S1 was great, S2 was good, I dunno 'bout S3...

:?
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 18th 2003, 5:03 am

Season 2 is the first one I watched... and I LOVED it.

I will definitely be checking out Season 3 - I'm sort of hoping BBC2 screens it more or less at the same time as in the USA - then I can discuss it here with you guys - the official 24 discussion forums on the beeb are populated by a rather strange clique who don't have any real discussions so far as I can see.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 18th 2003, 11:45 pm

Nostradamus wrote:S1 was great, S2 was good, I dunno 'bout S3... :?
S2 rawked! And I predict S3 will be even better because Kim is now working at CTU, which sounds stupid initially but could end up meaning she'll be sitting at a chair in her desk the whole season and not being annoying.
Nostradamus wrote:The Big Bad is threatening to release a biological weapon.
That Big Bad. :x What a no-goodnick.
- Jim

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 18th 2003, 11:54 pm

And a busy little beaver!

:wink: