sort yourselves out...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

sort yourselves out...

Post by kenickie » Apr 1st 2002, 4:50 pm

I have to say this. STOP MOANING ABOUT THE BOX SET. If I read another mail from someone moaning about it I will SCREAM!! I don't think alot of you appreciate just how hard people like Jason are working. If you don't want to order the set THEN DON'T. But if you do, stop umming and ahhing and GET ON WITH IT. Of course some of you will be concerned about it, but you either bite the bullet or you don't. Jason bit the bullet, AnotherUniverse bit the bullet to get the set sorted out. Now it's time for us to bite the bullet back (or something) and return all the hard work and effort that has been put in for us. FOR US. No-one else. Sorry to rant in my first post, but I can't bear to read another post of Jason re-explaining the same thing over and over and over. Especially when it sems to be the same people asking the same questions over and over!!

Let's make the memories, that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Re: sort yourselves out...

Post by Guest » Apr 1st 2002, 4:51 pm

I fully agree.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Apr 1st 2002, 4:54 pm

Thank god for that! I thought it was just me who felt like this!! I REALLY can't wait for my box set!! I am a 23 year old who still feels 17 ;)

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 1st 2002, 5:54 pm

here, here! :)

There are plenty of MSCL fans who want the set and aren't complaining! we're just staying on the sidelines of all this

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 1st 2002, 6:19 pm

Look, this Forum is a place to voice our concerns and we would be naive not to have any - I don't think people are moaning they are just worried because some, yes not all, but some information has not been forthcoming or correct. We DO appreciate how hard people are working but it is costing us a lot too - and I am not complaining but I am not just going to sit on the sidelines and not ask any questions. If you don't want to read about people moaning then DON'T, all of you with no concerns come across as a bit smug but this is a big bullet to bite financially and by asking the same questions is the only way to ensure of an answer - and I know I am not alone when I say this. We are all in this together and it goes all ways - I don't think you were fair in your comments - how can you expect people not to ask the same questions? There are hundreds of people involved and we are not all just going to sit back and give our money to whoever asks for it. So walsing on to this site and telling us to 'sort ourselves out' is totally unfair. NO ONE is saying they don't appreciate the efforts of Jason and gang but understand that whether you like it or not, it has not been very well organised in one way or another. There is NO blame - but SOME of us have to take responsibility to ask the questions!

Now that's done - welcome to the site, did you get your name from the Grease movie? Got any new ideas on MSCL or are you just going to criticise everyones views?

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 1st 2002, 6:25 pm

That's not very fair Colene considering you sent me a private message voicing your concerns about the boxset! - why not put them in the Forum for all to see?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 1st 2002, 6:41 pm

We all know that there are concerns out there. However, I would not recommend violating the privacy of your private messages with others. Some people bring up concerns in a constructive way, and sometimes one person can seem to post the same panicky message repeatedly; essentially the same message over and over. I try to answer everything, but sometimes it really is just out of control.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Apr 2nd 2002, 2:08 am

Phew!! It appears as though I have upset someone!! I am not in the habit of apologising for my comments, so I won't. I stick by them. Obviously other people agree with me too. I really can understand people being worried, but all the mails I have had off Jason (and the info on the site) have been more than enough to lay my worries to rest. Oh, and by the way - Joanna (or was it Colene?), I'm not smug.

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 2nd 2002, 5:21 am

Joanna: Private messages are just that. PRIVATE. I don't appreciate you bringing them up here. If you would recall, most of the messages were addressing concerns that you had (mostly about shipping). Any concerns I have had have already been dealt with by talking to Justin or Jason.

My last comment on here was referring to other people's repeated posts about the so-called underhanded dealings of AU. It was not referring to you (or anyone else) with legitimate concerns.

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » Apr 2nd 2002, 10:35 am

I believe "moaning" is a poor choice of words. People have been actively voicing their
concerns about the boxset, its manufacture and distribution and such . They have been doing
this since only the vital information about the boxset had been forthcoming. The 'nitty gritty'
details have been gradually supplied over time. Especially being an international customer
for AU, I agree with many of these concerns except for anything pertaining to *shady
dealings*.

I would say we're all thankful for Jason and AU's super-human efforts, but this can only go so
far to putting people's trepidations to rest. Also, putting money down for something that won't
be seen for a number of months, does make people apprehensive. Personally, the boxset is
costing me half a pay check, due to the dismal Aussie Dollar compared to the almighty US
Dollar.

FYI, I have willingly bitten the bullet twice with this set. When I first found out about the set, I
immediately put in my order deposit and then approved the full charge as soon as I received
re email. Yet I still have concerns, but sadly they'll only be quashed when I find the boxset
sitting with its brethren on my shelf. :)

Oh I agree that Jason shouldn't have to re-explain the same things over and over again.
Maybe we should recommend them to the DVD FAQ every single time. And about the same
people asking the same questions; somehow I think they do the same thing not just here on
the Forum, but for everything in general. ;)

…RANT MODE TERMINATED
:P

Clarence Worley

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 2nd 2002, 1:42 pm

Well you messaged me first with your concerns - to which I replied. I just think its unfair that people are supposedly sitting on the sidelines and then letting other people all have a go at each other only to throw in an odd 'here here' every now and then. I appreciate that private messages are private and would NEVER dream of disclosing whatever anyone has ever written to me.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Apr 2nd 2002, 1:44 pm

Don't be paranoid Zukko (or is it Kenickie?) I was not calling YOU smug - I simply said 'some people' - Colene will not like you confusing who said what.

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 2nd 2002, 4:02 pm

I did message you first, but to ask you about YOUR concerns. But that's besides the point. My comment was not to be taken out of context--my "here, here" comment was referring to the people who <B>complained[/b] about AU and this whole deal (which are a small few).

I don't come on this board to argue with people and I'm going to leave it at that.

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 2nd 2002, 4:04 pm

Colene doesn't care actually.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Apr 2nd 2002, 5:57 pm

Now, now children. (just kidding!). I was only trying to make the point that we could look slightly ungrateful if we kept on expressing ourselves the we had been.