Fox "News"

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

stuff

Post by lance » Apr 21st 2003, 10:10 am

For your entertainment:

"Thank God for Savage and Scarborough. With them, who besides, Rush, O’Reilly, Buchanan, Novak,
Kristol, Roger Ailes, Hannity, Barnes, Hume, Will, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times,
The New York Post, the Weekly Standard, American Spectator, The New York Sun, all of Fox, most of
MSNBC cable, much of CNN, ABC, National Review, Drudge, Andy, Ann Coulter, Bernard Goldberg, etc,
would have the guts to take on The liberal media?"
--Eric Alterman, Altercation

Quote courtesy of http://www.bartcop.com (4/18/03 issue)

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

more news on faux

Post by lance » May 29th 2003, 4:29 pm

Here's a link to an article about Rupert Murdoch and the FCC propsal to loosen the rules on media ownership in the US:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/advertising ... 92,00.html

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

new book

Post by lance » Jun 4th 2003, 1:18 pm

Hey all,

For those of you on the center or left of the political spectrum, new book coming out this fall you might want to check out:

Liars & the Lying Liars who tell them: A Fair and Balanced View of the Right by Al Fraken

here is a link to a site with more on Fraken:

http://www.alfrankenweb.com/

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jun 5th 2003, 9:35 am

Liars & the Lying Liars who tell them: A Fair and Balanced View of the Right by Al Fraken
Cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people will buy my book!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 5th 2003, 11:58 am

mglenn wrote:
Cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people will buy my book!
LOL!

Lance Man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 6th 2003, 3:15 pm

Ha ha ha:

http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-paintings4 ... 6975.story

A former Fox News technician who took a dozen paintings from an Iraqi palace and brought them into the United States pleaded guilty to smuggling Tuesday.

Customs agents discovered the paintings, along with two chemical suits, a gas mask and some Iraqi monetary bonds, in Johnson's luggage at Washington Dulles International Airport when he returned from Iraq on April 17. None of the items had been declared to customs officials.

Fox fired Johnson after he acknowledged bringing back the items.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 6th 2003, 8:03 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88767,00.html
Headline: DIA: Intelligence Report Supports WMD Claims

WASHINGTON — Senior Defense Department officials intend to declassify and release a defense intelligence report from last September that said agents could not prove Iraq had ongoing chemical or biological weapons facilities, officials told Fox News on Friday.
My emphasis. An interesting note is that the headline read "DIA Had No Evidence of Chemical Weapons in Iraq Last September" just hours ago. Its been changed since the article was posted online. A MeFier noted about the original headline "I really am impressed that it would pass the FoxNews censors. (I'm sure Bill O'Reilly will now call for the person who wrote the title's resignation for being a "traitor" to the nation.)"
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 7th 2003, 9:16 am

andrewgd wrote:Ha ha ha:

http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-paintings4 ... 6975.story

A former Fox News technician who took a dozen paintings from an Iraqi palace and brought them into the United States pleaded guilty to smuggling Tuesday.

Customs agents discovered the paintings, along with two chemical suits, a gas mask and some Iraqi monetary bonds, in Johnson's luggage at Washington Dulles International Airport when he returned from Iraq on April 17. None of the items had been declared to customs officials.

Fox fired Johnson after he acknowledged bringing back the items.
D'oh!

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 7th 2003, 9:17 am

andrewgd wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88767,00.html
Headline: DIA: Intelligence Report Supports WMD Claims

WASHINGTON — Senior Defense Department officials intend to declassify and release a defense intelligence report from last September that said agents could not prove Iraq had ongoing chemical or biological weapons facilities, officials told Fox News on Friday.
My emphasis. An interesting note is that the headline read "DIA Had No Evidence of Chemical Weapons in Iraq Last September" just hours ago. Its been changed since the article was posted online. A MeFier noted about the original headline "I really am impressed that it would pass the FoxNews censors. (I'm sure Bill O'Reilly will now call for the person who wrote the title's resignation for being a "traitor" to the nation.)"
Ya know,

This story has legs. Let's see were it goes.

Best,

Lance Man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 15th 2003, 1:36 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/ ... -mix_x.htm

CNN's top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour, says that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war. And, she says CNN "was intimidated" by the Bush administration and Fox News, which "put a climate of fear and self-censorship. . ."

Fox News spokeswoman Irena Briganti said of Amanpour's comments: "Given the choice, it's better to be viewed as a foot soldier for Bush than a spokeswoman for al-Qaeda."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Sep 15th 2003, 2:31 pm

andrewgd wrote:Fox News spokeswoman Irena Briganti said of Amanpour's comments: "Given the choice, it's better to be viewed as a foot soldier for Bush than a spokeswoman for al-Qaeda."
Which brings us back to where this thread began - Fox News insinuating how we can be better pro-Bush Americans...

I believe the terms "apples vs. oranges" fits in here somewhere as well, but I'm sure I'll become part of the axis of evil if I try to prove Fox wrong.

:roll:

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Sep 16th 2003, 11:53 am

Brown then asked Amanpour if there was any story during the war that she couldn't report.

"It's not a question of couldn't do it, it's a question of tone," Amanpour said. "It's a question of being rigorous. It's really a question of really asking the questions. All of the entire body politic in my view, whether it's the administration, the intelligence, the journalists, whoever, did not ask enough questions, for instance, about weapons of mass destruction. I mean, it looks like this was disinformation at the highest levels."
I read the article, where's the intimidation??? What I read is that "we didn't put enough spin on it at the time, so now I'm saying we were intimidated because it even better spin now to say that we weren't allowed then. Of course I have no proof of anything I'm saying but I work for CNN so you can believe me!"

The simple facts of the matter are that a bunch of muslim nations with extremist views at their heart thought that america had lost its will to fight and so attacked with the belief that there would be no repercussions. But there were. The CIA and FBI have been working to cut off their funding. Afganistan is no longer a terroist free for all. And we went and picked a fight with the biggest baddest bully on their block, and kicked his ass in 21 days. Now you can complain all about lack of justification but the plain simple facts are that this had a much large effect in international circles than most realize. America is not looked at as a soft target anymore. Force is seen as an option now. And the rest of the world knows it. The american military will not sit back and take it while the ships, buildings and barracks are bombed like we did when Slick Willie was prez.

As for the Vietnam argument... please let me know when one quarter of the 50,000 men and women that died in Vietnam are dead in Iraq and well talk. I would bet that the odds are higher of you dieing in a car accident than an american getting shot in Iraq.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 16th 2003, 12:30 pm

mglenn wrote:
Brown then asked Amanpour if there was any story during the war that she couldn't report.

"It's not a question of couldn't do it, it's a question of tone," Amanpour said. "It's a question of being rigorous. It's really a question of really asking the questions. All of the entire body politic in my view, whether it's the administration, the intelligence, the journalists, whoever, did not ask enough questions, for instance, about weapons of mass destruction. I mean, it looks like this was disinformation at the highest levels."
I read the article, where's the intimidation??? What I read is that "we didn't put enough spin on it at the time, so now I'm saying we were intimidated because it even better spin now to say that we weren't allowed then. Of course I have no proof of anything I'm saying but I work for CNN so you can believe me!"

The simple facts of the matter are that a bunch of muslim nations with extremist views at their heart thought that america had lost its will to fight and so attacked with the belief that there would be no repercussions. But there were. The CIA and FBI have been working to cut off their funding. Afganistan is no longer a terroist free for all. And we went and picked a fight with the biggest baddest bully on their block, and kicked his ass in 21 days. Now you can complain all about lack of justification but the plain simple facts are that this had a much large effect in international circles than most realize. America is not looked at as a soft target anymore. Force is seen as an option now. And the rest of the world knows it. The american military will not sit back and take it while the ships, buildings and barracks are bombed like we did when Slick Willie was prez.

As for the Vietnam argument... please let me know when one quarter of the 50,000 men and women that died in Vietnam are dead in Iraq and well talk. I would bet that the odds are higher of you dieing in a car accident than an american getting shot in Iraq.
Hmmm,

Who has more credibility at this point Amanpour or Bush? Wait, this is a tough one but I think I know the answer,

Amanpour.

When "slick willie was prez" 18 soliders died in Somalia. He lied about sex. Bush lied about Iraq:

290 plus dead, between 1,500 to 6,000 wounded and counting.

LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 16th 2003, 12:32 pm

mglenn wrote:

Hmmm,

Who has more credibility at this point Amanpour or Bush? Wait, this is a tough one but I think I know the answer,

Amanpour.

When "slick willie was prez" 18 soliders died in Somalia. He lied about sex. Bush lied about Iraq:

290 plus dead, between 1,500 to 6,000 wounded and counting.

LanceMan

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 16th 2003, 2:07 pm

mglenn wrote:The CIA and FBI have been working to cut off their funding. Afganistan is no longer a terroist free for all. And we went and picked a fight with the biggest baddest bully on their block, and kicked his ass in 21 days. Now you can complain all about lack of justification but the plain simple facts are that this had a much large effect in international circles than most realize.
You seem to be confusing Afganistan and Iraq. Are you one of those 60% that think there's evidence that Saddam had a hand in 9/11?

I think people are upset over the media is that they didn't ask enough questions. They fell into line, and didn't ask important questions like:

Where is Osama bin Laden?

Where is Mullah Omar?

Why is the 9/11 Commission underfunded?

Where is Saddam Hussein?

Where are all of those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

Why have contracts for the rebuilding of Iraq been awarded without bidding and competition?

These are only a few of what should be put up to our Prez. But if they do, they'll never get back into the Whitehouse again. Its sad that our Prez can't answer the tough questions, and has to kick people out of his house for doing so... :cry:

ps. Why, when there are good arguements against Bush does the right always point fingers back at Clinton? Own up and answer them without diverting attention and pointing fingers!