Drilled on the MSCL DVDs? Check out LOTR!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 29th 2003, 12:53 pm

I finally started going through the extras but there was sooooo much stuff! I thought I would start with JUST the documentaries but sheesh! I need to set aside a whole weekend and just sit down with the remote control in hand, bladder empty.

In other LOTR news:
'Lord of the Rings' Musical To Premiere in London
A lavish $12 million stage musical adaptation of hit film and novel The Lord Of The Rings is to premiere in London in 2005. The production will be the biggest-budget musical ever to be staged in the British capital - and if successful, it will be taken around the world. Financial backer, American svengali Saul Zaentz, explains, "I want it to be a landmark. When you put a piece literature with such a worldwide profile on the stage you need to make something utterly extraordinary." The production, which has already spent a year and a half in development, is being directed by Matthew Warchus, who is currently overseeing the Madness musical Our House.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 29th 2003, 3:13 pm

candygirl wrote:I finally started going through the extras but there was sooooo much stuff! I thought I would start with JUST the documentaries but sheesh! I need to set aside a whole weekend and just sit down with the remote control in hand, bladder empty.

In other LOTR news:
'Lord of the Rings' Musical To Premiere in London
A lavish $12 million stage musical adaptation of hit film and novel The Lord Of The Rings is to premiere in London in 2005. The production will be the biggest-budget musical ever to be staged in the British capital - and if successful, it will be taken around the world. Financial backer, American svengali Saul Zaentz, explains, "I want it to be a landmark. When you put a piece literature with such a worldwide profile on the stage you need to make something utterly extraordinary." The production, which has already spent a year and a half in development, is being directed by Matthew Warchus, who is currently overseeing the Madness musical Our House.
Might work.

Tolkien certainly incorporated enough music into his books. Some BBC productions of the LOTR for audiocassettes have had songs included.

Best,

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 10th 2003, 1:07 pm

Image and info available about the Two Towers Gift Set

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... D1%26r%3D1
Further Details
New Line have released some concept artwork of the collector's edition release of The Two Towers: Extended Edition starring Elijah Wood. The set will include a single statue of Smeagol along with the extended edition of the film. The extended edition itself will carry 43 minutes of new and extended scenes as well as two discs jam packed with newly created special features. It will be available to own from the 18th November this year.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

lotr

Post by lance » Jun 10th 2003, 1:11 pm

Fnordboy,

Thanks for the update. The set looks great.

Best,

Lance Man