Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 28th 2003, 12:36 am

I still don't think we have been presented with ALL of the facts. I would like to believe that CC left due to a desire to be with her family rather than ME deciding they painted themselves into a corner with her storyline. Evil Cordy spiced things up for a while, but I didn't really want to see her with Angel (which is where they were heading at the end of S3). Not because I truly believe with all my heart and soul that Angel and Buffy are meant to be together, but because the Cordy/Angel thing didn't seem real. On the other hand, I don't think it's realistic to say that her story is over, the end. Just because ME thinks that they have gone as far as they can with her character doesn't mean they should take her off the show completely. I am not, however, one of the fanatics up in arms about the news that she will not return. Que sera, sera.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 28th 2003, 1:32 am

Angel S2 DVD release delayed!

Amazon customers who preordered received this email:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we have contacted the Manufacturer and
"Angel - Season Two" is not yet available. Because a new release date
has not yet been scheduled, we cannot provide more precise information
about the fulfillment of the order.

We are very sorry for the disappointment.
:evil:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 28th 2003, 1:41 am

candygirl wrote:Angel S2 DVD release delayed!

Amazon customers who preordered received this email:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we have contacted the Manufacturer and
"Angel - Season Two" is not yet available. Because a new release date
has not yet been scheduled, we cannot provide more precise information
about the fulfillment of the order.

We are very sorry for the disappointment.
:evil:
It actually wasn't delayed so don't get upset yet. Amazon jumped the gun (yet again) and put up a release date that was not accurate.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=364

Supposedly Aug. 19 is the correct date BTW

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » May 28th 2003, 9:29 am

After throughly reading the article,

I get the impression that CC left Angel because that was what Joss wanted. Like Candy I am not deeply offended that she will not be coming back as a regular. Would have been nice but oh well.

I keep seeing different release dates for Angel Season two from different sites, some say 8/19 some say September. Don't know.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 29th 2003, 6:20 pm

Let the record show I AM up in arms about Cordy leaving. :wink: More delays on season 2. WAH!!!!! :cry:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 30th 2003, 9:25 am

K-man wrote:Let the record show I AM up in arms about Cordy leaving. :wink: More delays on season 2. WAH!!!!! :cry:
K-man,

You are not the only one. My sister is pretty cheesed about it too. The only reason she started watching Angel is because of CC.

Best,

Lance Man

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Angel and SPike plausible spoilers

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Jun 1st 2003, 12:35 pm

possible spoilers!

from http://www.aintitcool.com:

Somebody forwarded us something purporting to be the first-draft teaser and first act of this autumn’s “Angel” season premiere. It could be the real deal, it could be the real deal with some fan-made changes, or it could be some fan’s complete fabrication.
But if it’s 100 percent fabricated, I can tell you this is the finest bit of fan fiction I’ve ever read. Mind you, there are a few slightly suspicious components – but if this turned out to be an actual first draft, Herc wouldn’t be overwhelmed with shock.
If it’s the real script, I will say it sounds like big fun and a swell start. And it’s festooned with major spoilers, so somebody better turn on the invisotext machine, pronto.
* The first characters we see are Buffy and Spike. It’s a flashback to Spike’s final moments over the Sunnydale hellmouth. Spike goes all bright and dusty, then:
* The first new scene is set in Wolfram & Hart’s “White Room.” It’s somebody’s point of view. Somebody on his or her back. Winifred, Charles and Wesley are all peering down. None of the trio has ever seen this mystery-person before, but Wes seems to have a pretty good idea who it is. Angel arrives and eliminates any abmbiguity with a single-word: “Spike.” No more POV. Spike naked save a familiar-looking amulet, turns groggily toward Angel and mutters, “Oh … bloody hell.” He hear a violin and the title credits roll.
* Actually, before the big reveal, the first thing we hear in the White Room POV shot is heavy breathing. But when we see Team Angel hovering, none of them seems to be breathing very hard.
* When Angel offers Spike a cup of blood in the law firm’s examination room, Spike says he actually feels like a chocolate shake.
* The second Spike learns Buffy survived the big doings in what used to be Sunnydale, he starts off to find his true love. But Angel won’t let him leave until he can figure out why Spike is still alive. “Oh reeaaly?” asks Spike. “And are we sure that’s the reason now?” Angel also wants the amulet back, since it’s technically Wolfram & Hart property. A big Spike-Angel fight ensues.
* There is much shattering of law-firm glass. As the Spike-Angel fight grows more intense, Angel goes into vamp-face. Spike tries to do the same, but finds he can’t!
* Angel manages to yank the Amulet away from Spike. Spike begins gasping and turning blue. “Angel, the amulet,” cries Wesley. “I think he needs it. He’s dying.” Angel hesitates, but Fred reminds Angel that Spike just finished saving the world.
* Angel returns the amulet and Spike’s complexion immediately turns rosier. “His breathing is returning to normal,” advises Wes. “‘Breathing?’” asks Fred.
* Angel rips a giant mirror from the wall. He can’t see himself in it, but Spike casts a reflection!
* Lilah turns up with Spike’s blood test. The DNA matches what the Initiative took out of Hostile 17 four years ago, but the amulet seems to have “cleansed” the vampire right out of Spike. He’s all human now!
* Wes remembers the Shanshu prophecy. “When that a souled vampire fulfills his destiny – whatever that may be – he becomes human.”
* But if Spike’s human, why is so strong, and able to fight Angel so effectively? Wes remembers speaking to Willow by phone about the “joining spell” that turned all the potentials into slayers. “So when the cleansing began,” asks Lilah, “did you – I dunno – touch Buffy?” Spike answers in the affirmative, flashing back to the fiery hand-holding.
* And then, at the end of this first act, Lilah and Wes come to the same conclusion – and reveal one last amazing thing about this new Spike:
* He’s now the world’s first male vampire slayer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 1st 2003, 5:00 pm

I read this yesterday too, and I am treating it as speculation at this point. There are so many theories floating about online regarding how Spike will come back (including an unpopular ghost theory) that I am not going to take anything too seriously right now. Then again, I was completely in denial when I read the Buffy finale script at the beginning of April and it turned out to be the real deal.

:x

Sometimes the devil is in the details and the fact that the supposed script includes this makes me doubt the veracity of this report:
He hear a violin and the title credits roll.
I'm pretty sure that most of the writers know that it's a cello, not a violin, playing in the credits.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 1st 2003, 5:47 pm

K-man wrote:Let the record show I AM up in arms about Cordy leaving. :wink:
Some CC fans are planning a thank you ad in Variety (similar to the previous JM ads in Variety and the Hollywood Reporter) so they need fan donations. Info available here and you can view the ad here.

You can also view the JM ad that was published in March/April here
The ad placed by SMGfan.com board is here
The ads placed by SMG and Fox can be viewed in this thread

Interestingly, similar to what JPP13 and I were discussing in the Buffy thread regarding the actor versus the character, there were some BtVS fans who were absolutely up in arms about the JM ad (which was the first one published after the series cancellation was official). They were going on and on about Spike and how he didn't really love Buffy and how he tried to rape her, failing to comprehend that the purpose of the ad was to recognize JM's portrayal of Spike, not to praise Spike's actions.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 1st 2003, 7:51 pm

SPOILER WARNING!!!

Below is the first draft that Herc references. If you want to read it, highlight the text inside the box.
TEASER

EXT. SUNNYDALE -- DAY

ESTABLISHING SHOT:

The entire town is QUAKING and CRUMBLING.

SUPERIMPOSE: 'Sunnydale. May 2003.'

INT. CAVERN -- CONTINUOUS

The cavern is collapsing. Debris is falling all around. We see SPIKE, wearing the amulet, pinned. BUFFY stands next to him.

SPIKE
Gotta move, lamb. I think it's fair to say school's out for the bloody summer.

BUFFY
Spike...

SPIKE
I mean it. I gotta do this.

Buffy takes her own hand, interlocks it with his frozen hand. A moment, and both hands burst into flames.

We hold close on the two of them, ignoring the flames, looking at each other.

BUFFY
I love you.

A moment. He smiles kindly.

SPIKE
No you don't. But thanks for saying it.

A big quake rocks them. Spike pushes her away.

SPIKE (cont'd)
It's your world up there. Now GO!

She looks at him -- and bolts.

He looks back at the destruction in front of him, smiles wickedly.

SPIKE (cont'd)
I wanna see how it ends.

INT. SUNNYDALE HIGH SCHOOL - DAY

Buffy heads up the stairs.

INT. CAVERN - DAY

Spike is still smiling--LAUGHING even--as he is eaten from inside by the power. The world falls away from beneath him, when suddenly...

...HE IS CONSUMED BY A BRIGHT, BLINDING LIGHT!

WHITEOUT

FADE INTO:

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- WHITE ROOM -- LATER

POV of an unseen figure, prone on his/her back, staring at the white ceiling of the room. We hear HEAVY BREATHING.

The face of FRED comes into frame, looking down at the prone figure. She is wearing a white lab coat. Her eyes peer toward someone O.S. in front of her.

FRED
How did he get here?

GUNN's face appears in frame, opposite FRED.

GUNN
Greyhound maybe?

WESLEY
(OS)
It was the amulet.

FRED
What?

WESLEY appears in frame as well, looking down sternly.

WESLEY
The cleansing.

GUNN
Wait. You know this guy?

WESLEY
I know OF him.

FRED
Who is he?

We hear APPROACHING FOOTSTEPS. FRED, WESLEY, and GUNN turn.

The POV shot ends. We see an OVER-THE-SHOULDER SHOT of ANGEL of FRED, WESLEY, and GUNN in the b.g., blocking any view of the prone individual.

CLOSE on ANGEL, who stares piercingly toward the prone figure (who is still unseen).

ANGEL
Spike.

WESLEY, GUNN, and FRED step aside as a fast DOLLY SHOT closes in on the prone SPIKE--wearing only the amulet--as he groggily turns in the direction of ANGEL.

BEAT.

SPIKE
(weakly)
Oh...bloody hell.

BLACKOUT

END OF TEASER

ACT ONE

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- MEDICAL OBSERVATION DECK -- DAY

We see over the shoulders of ANGEL and LORNE as they look through a glass window at an examing room below.

SPIKE--annoyed but willing--is sitting on a table wearing a hospital gown. He is being poked and prodded by a team of WOLFRAM AND HART SCIENTISTS (including KNOX) and MYSTICS.

LORNE
So what's up with you and Mr. Blonde, Angelfood?

ANGEL's eyes cut a hole through SPIKE, who peers up briefly then turns his attention to the SCIENTISTS and MYSTICS.

BEAT.

ANGEL
I was his sire.
(thinks)
Well...once removed. Sorta like his grandpa I guess.
(turns away)
I've known him for over a century.

LORNE
I see. One of your 'oldest and dearest friends.'

ANGEL pauses, reflects.

INSERT: Brief clip of SPIKE and ANGEL--as friends--'partying' in the 19th century.

ANGEL
We had our moments. Killed a lotta people together. Shared a flat.
(BEAT)
Guess you could call it a love/hate thing.

INSERT: SPIKE beating ANGEL down with a fire poker.

LORNE senses something. Knows something.

LORNE
AND...you were in love with the same woman.

ANGEL says nothing.

LORNE
It was Buffy wasn't it?

ANGEL starts to exit.

ANGEL
I don't wanna talk about it.

LORNE
You don't hafta TALK about it.

ANGEL
(shouts out)
I don't wanna SING about it either, Lorne!

LORNE grins.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- EXAMINING ROOM -- LATER

KNOX sticks a syringe into SPIKE's arm. He flinches.

SPIKE
Hey! Y'know a vampire sacrifices his LIFE to save the world and you'd THINK he might get a little bit of respect to bloody show for it!

ANGEL
(OS as he enters)
Whatta you want us to do, Spike?

ANGEL walks toward SPIKE.

ANGEL
Build a cathedral in your honor?

SPIKE
Yeah, that...or maybe a simple milkshake would suffice.

ANGEL pulls a wad of cash out of his pocket and hands it to SCIENTIST #1. SPIKE takes notice of the money.

ANGEL
Get him a milkshake.

SCIENTIST #1
What flavor?

ANGEL
(stares at SCIENTIST #1)
Bloody.

SCIENTIST #1 nods as if to say "Ah," then starts to exit.

SPIKE
Actually...I could sorta go for chocolate.

ANGEL and SCIENTIST #1 exchange glances.

ANGEL
(shrugs)
Whatever.

SCIENTIST #1 exits. SPIKE then begins to speak rather loudy to no one in particular.

SPIKE
And I'd LIKE to have some clothes that don't rob me of my demonic dignity.

ANGEL
(smirks)
Guess you lost that cool wardrobe of yours in the disaster, huh Spike?

SPIKE
Yeah, well, it tends to happen when the entire town gets sucked into the mouth of hell.

ANGEL
(nods)
Speakin' of which...how'd you do it? How exactly DID you pull that one off?

SPIKE
Oh, like you care.

ANGEL
I AM sorta curious.

SPIKE
Is that right? Good. Then I'll TALK when I'm not wearing a GOWN.

ANGEL turns to SCIENTIST #2.

ANGEL
Get him some clothes.

SCIENTIST #2 nods.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- ANGEL'S OFFICE -- DAY

SPIKE buckles up his pants and puts on a T-shirt. ANGEL leans on his desk.

ANGEL
I spoke to Buffy.

SPIKE's eyes light up.

SPIKE
She made it?

ANGEL
Yeah...but she said YOU didn't.

BEAT. SPIKE starts to exit.

SPIKE
I have to go to her.

ANGEL stops him.

ANGEL
No you don't Spike. Not until I figure out why you're still alive.

SPIKE
Oh, reeaaally? And are we sure that's the reason now?

ANGEL
What other reason would there be?

SPIKE
(SNICKER)
Oh, I wonder.

SPIKE looks ANGEL straight in the eye.

SPIKE
You know I was there, right? The night in the vineyard with Caleb and the scythe.

ANGEL
I know. I smelled you. Felt you watching us.
(BEAT)
Musta pissed you off when she kissed me like that.

SPIKE
You mean when YOU kissed HER.

ANGEL
To-may-toe. Tah-mah-toe.

SPIKE
(giddy)
Ohhh, look'a'choo. It's eating you up, isn't it? The great brooding Santa Claus...all one-upped at his own game. The girl sent YOU away and chose ME to be her champion.

ANGEL
You're delusional.

SPIKE
Am I now?
(holds amulet)
Well, I didn't see you there...takin' down The First now did I?

ANGEL
(holds out hand)
Give me the amulet.

SPIKE
Excuse me?

ANGEL
You heard me. It's Wolfram and Hart property. It belongs to me.

SPIKE tucks the amulet inside his shirt.

SPIKE
I don't think so.

ANGEL
Fine. Then I'll just take it.

ANGEL starts to reach for SPIKE's neck. SPIKE grabs ANGEL's arm. They eye each other intently.

SPIKE
I don't think so.

SCIENTIST #1
(OS)
Mr. Angel?

ANGEL and SPIKE turn. SCIENTIST #1 is standing in the doorway, holding a milkshake.

SCIENTIST #1
Milkshake.

SPIKE looks at ANGEL. They exchange knowing glances.

SPIKE
I did save the world you know.

ANGEL closes his eyes. He SIGHS, then shoves SPIKE's arm aside.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- LOBBY -- LATER

ANGEL, FRED, GUNN, WESLEY, and LORNE stand by as SPIKE consumes his milkshake. ANGEL seems annoyed. The others are just mildly confused. WOLFRAM AND HART WORKERS move about busily behind them.

SPIKE SLURPS the shake through a straw, then removes the lid from the cup and uses the straw to stir the contents of the cup before putting the straw down on a nearby desk.

From there, he picks up a plastic spoon, inserts it into the cup and eats a little of the shake.

Everyone stares silently.

SPIKE dabs his mouth with a napkin, then turns the cup upside down and taps the bottom so that the ice cream oozes into his mouth.

Finally, he re-inserts the straw and makes one last SLURPING sound before he lets out a satisfied SIGH. He then tosses the cup into a garbage can.

SPIKE
(turns to ANGEL)
Okay.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- OFFICE LOUNGE -- DAY

SPIKE and ANGEL CRASH through a glass window. OFFICE WORKERS scurry.

FRED, WESLEY, and GUNN, along with other employees, rush to observe as SPIKE and ANGEL battle tooth and nail, exchanging blows and kicks.

ANGEL swings. SPIKE grabs a coffee pot. ANGEL punches it, SHATTERING the glass. SPIKE then hits him with a spinning heel kick, driving him into the microwave oven cart.

SPIKE charges and ANGEL ducks. SPIKE punches a hole through the microwave door. It explodes and SPIKE's hand is momentarily trapped. ANGEL seizes the opportunity and goes for the amulet.

ANGEL
Gimme the amulet!

SPIKE
Bite me!

SPIKE whacks ANGEL with his free elbow, knocking him backwards. SPIKE then pulls his trapped hand out and advances with a JOYOUS SCREAM.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- LOBBY -- CONTINUOUS

SPIKE backs ANGEL into the lobby with a flurry of punches. ANGEL takes him down with a legsweep, mounts him, and starts driving in a series of quick palm shots.

FRED, WESLEY, and GUNN watch.

GUNN
So this is what an Angel family reunion looks like.

WESLEY
Apparently so.

GUNN
Hate to see em after a coupla six packs.

FRED
Oh please. This is nothing compared to my Uncle Buddy and Aunt Jean from Waco.

WESLEY and GUNN stare at each other as FRED continues to watch the fight. They shake it off and turn toward ANGEL and SPIKE as well.

SPIKE monkeyflips ANGEL off of him, kips up, and looks at ANGEL, who stands with his vampire face on.

ANGEL
Time to put on your game face, William.

SPIKE
(smiles)
I thought you'd never ask.

SPIKE tries to put on his vamp face--letting out a weak cat-like GROWL--but to no avail. He's confused but tries again. Nothing.

ANGEL
What's that? A furball caught'n your throat?

SPIKE feels his canine teeth, perplexed as to why his fangs haven't appeared.

SPIKE
Bollocks!

ANGEL tackles SPIKE and drives him out of frame.

ANGEL mounts SPIKE once again and nails him with a series of right crosses. He then reaches down and yanks the amulet from his neck.

ANGEL stands, returns to human mode, and smiles. A job well done.

ANGEL
There. That wasn't so hard now was it, Spike?

We hear OS GASPING.

FRED
What's wrong with him?!

WESLEY, GUNN, and FRED rush to SPIKE, who is GASPING for air and turning blue.

WESLEY
I've never seen anything like this from a vampire.

WESLEY looks up at ANGEL, who is staring at the amulet, which is now glowing.

WESLEY
Angel, the amulet. I think he NEEDS it. He's dying.

ANGEL stares.

FRED
Angel?! He saved the world.

ANGEL hesitates, then finally tosses the amulet in the direction of SPIKE, who grabs it and clutches it. SPIKE's blue skin returns to normal and he starts to BREATH regularly.

GUNN
It worked.

WESLEY
His breathing is returning to normal.

BEAT. FRED looks up at WESLEY.

FRED
'Breathing?'

FRED and WESLEY look to each other, then to GUNN, and finally to ANGEL, who already gets the picture.

ANGEL, with purpose in mind, heads toward a giant wall mirror (which doesn't cast his reflection) and rips it from its hinges. He takes it and holds it in front of SPIKE.

SPIKE CASTS A REFLECTION!

SPIKE looks at himself in the mirror. At first there's a look of shock in his eyes, then joy.

ANGEL, still holding the mirror, turns away in mild disgust.

INT. WOLFRAM AND HART -- BOARDROOM -- LATER

ANGEL, SPIKE, FRED, WESLEY, LORNE, and GUNN are seated around the board table. LILAH enters, carrying a briefcase.

LILAH
(smiles devilishly)
Well, well, well. Look at this. You're already calling your first board meeting.

WESLEY
We wouldn't have contacted you if it wasn't urgent, Lilah.

LILAH puts her briefcase down on the table.

LILAH
You know, Wes, for a buncha people who spent so many years trying to get rid of me, it seems like you just can't get enough these days.

ANGEL
What'd you come up with, Lilah?

LILAH
(removes documents from briefcase)
Well, Knox was right. Spike really is...well, Spike.

SPIKE
(mutters under breath)
Told you.

LILAH
We ran his DNA against the samples taken when he was a prisoner of the government Initiative. It matches up.

ANGEL
And how do you explain the reflection?

LILAH
Well see, that's the tricky part. While the tests prove conclusively that this really is William the Bloody...

BEAT as everyone soaks in the moment.

LILAH
...there isn't a trace of vampire in him.

GUNN
Huh? How is that possible?

LILAH
Like I said before, we don't fully understand the powers of the amulet. Just that it maintains 'cleansing properties' and if used in an uncontrolled environment, could cause 'interesting' side effects.

WESLEY
Shanshu.

SPIKE
What?

WESLEY
Shanshu. It's an ancient prophecy about a vampire with a soul.

ANGEL and SPIKE cut the snake eye at one another.

WESLEY
When that souled vampire fulfills his destiny--whatever that may be--he becomes human.

SPIKE
(softly)
Wait...are you telling me that I'm...human?

WESLEY
Yes.

SPIKE GASPS.

FRED
Okay that explains that, BUT...if Spike's human now...why wasn't Angel able to kick his ass?

ANGEL
Hey! I was doing a pretty damn good job of it before he...
(sarcastically)
...needed his inhaler.

GUNN
No, she's right. As bad as you was, Angel, that boy was hangin'.

WESLEY
I spoke to Willow about what happened in Sunnydale with The First. She mentioned something about a joining spell?

SPIKE
Yeah. Buffy and Faith...they shared their powers with the Potentials. Made em all Slayers.

LILAH
So when the 'cleansing' began...did you--I dunno--TOUCH Buffy?

ANGEL reacts to the thought of SPIKE and BUFFY touching. BEAT.

SPIKE
Yeah.

INSERT: FLASHBACK to BUFFY and SPIKE interlocking hands. The flames.

SPIKE
She held on to me. There was fire.
(BEAT)
I've never felt anything like it.

LILAH
Then might I suggest that we have a bit of an anomaly on our hands.

WESLEY
Indeed.

FRED
What kind of anomaly?

WESLEY
Well it would seem--and this is just an educated guess--that for the first time in recorded history...we now have a male slayer.

GUNN
WHAT?!

SPIKE and ANGEL sit at attention, completely stunned by this news.

WESLEY
Spike...you're a vampire slayer.

SPIKE and ANGEL let this soak in. BEAT. SPIKE is somewhat overwelmed. ANGEL gets a sheepish grin on his face.

ANGEL
Well, that's kinda girly.

BLACKOUT

END OF ACT ONE

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 1st 2003, 11:54 pm

from http://meezark.freeyellow.com/LCEhome.html (lots of popup ads!):
In an official statement released 6/1/03, LCE's Richard O'Sullivan confirmed that he is the author of a script which sparked great debate on the internet last week (specifically at Harry Knowles' Ain't It Cool News). The script, rumored to be the fifth season opener of the WB television series Angel, was in fact a writing sample created by O'Sullivan and not an episode of the Joss Whedon show. O'Sullivan has not been hired by Mutant Enemy nor has his story been bought by ME, Fox Television, or the WB. O'Sullivan does, however, remain in talks with several production companies and does not rule out working with Mutant Enemy if the opportunity arises.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 12:02 am

From tvshowsondvd.com
Fans of Angel will be pleased to know that Fox has released detailed information about the Season 2 box set, and finalized the street date as well. It is now set for 9/2 (two weeks later than previously expected). There are a LOT of cool supplements for this puppy, so check it out.
Special features:

Disc One:
Commentary for "Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been" - by Tim Minear

Disc Two:
Script for "Darla"

Disc Three:
Featurette - "Making Up The Monsters" (approx. 6:40)
Featurette - "Inside The Agency" (approx. 15:48)
Still Gallery (approx. 20 static images)
Blue Prints (approx. 20 static images)

Disc Four: None

Disc Five:
Script for "Disharmony"

Disc Six:
Commentary for "Over The Rainbow" - by Fred Keller
Featurette - "Season 2 Overview" (approx. 17:26)
Featurette - "Stunts" (approx. 5:14)

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 2nd 2003, 12:09 am

I really need to get up to Angel speed. I didn't see any of season 1 or 2. Maybe I'll hit Best Buy this week.

I'm also looking for a futon for a spare room here. Do people still buy those?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 12:17 am

Or you could wait until TNT starts showing them in syndication this fall if you don't want to spend the money :wink:

(it was the futon that tipped me off!)

Are you looking for a new futon? You can probably get a cheap used one if there is a college or university in your area since everyone is moving right now. But yes, people still buy those things (there were actually several futon stores near my school). Ikea, baby!

:D

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 2nd 2003, 12:22 am

LOL, - ok, Im LOL'ing but I'm not sure why? Does the futon thing make me look cheap? Is that considered a cheap thing to buy? (single guy alert - hence questions like this).

In my computer room, its rather spartan looking. I thoguht a futon would add some seating and an extra bed if need be (though I do have another spare bedroom with a bed in it). Is there a better option? Am I trapped in 1993?

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the syndication - I didn't know that.