Instant Messaging Dating?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 23rd 2003, 10:02 pm

candygirl wrote:Maybe you could make her a mix CD with all her favorite songs :wink:
Most of her favorite songs are things I've never ever ever heard of. All indie stuff I suppose. The trouble with indie music is that you kinda need a friend that knows about it to introduce you to it, and I've never had a friend into it. Maybe now's my chance?

It should be interesting asking her about the different groups and songs she likes anyways. :)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

date

Post by lance » May 24th 2003, 9:45 am

Andrewgd,

Glad that the date worked out. Are you going to the barbeque?

Best,

Lance Man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: date

Post by andrewgd » May 24th 2003, 4:07 pm

lance wrote:Are you going to the barbeque?
Like, duh! :D Although it is like a month away...

But there's nothing like meeting a really cool person, and then not being able to talk or do anything with them for another 5 days, minimum. She left for the beginning of the weekend and I'll be gone to relatives the second half...grrrr

Well, I know what I'll be thinking about during the 8 hours in the car I'll be spending this weekend. : :D
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: date

Post by lance » May 26th 2003, 12:13 pm

andrewgd wrote:
lance wrote:Are you going to the barbeque?
Like, duh! :D Although it is like a month away...

But there's nothing like meeting a really cool person, and then not being able to talk or do anything with them for another 5 days, minimum. She left for the beginning of the weekend and I'll be gone to relatives the second half...grrrr

Well, I know what I'll be thinking about during the 8 hours in the car I'll be spending this weekend. : :D
So absence does not make the heart grow fonder? Just more frustrated?

On the plus side the weekend is almost up so you should hear from her soon.

Best,

Lance Man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 26th 2003, 9:27 pm

Hmm, about the pbf (from the livejournal you all made me read! I blame you! :P kidding :D ):

"Also, I miss him very much, and it was the perfect excuse to go see him. He's not perfect, that boy, but he is really such a kind, sweet, just all around GOOD person. Man, I finally found a keeper, and I had to leave him."

And big long entry and no mention of the dinner or movie. Hmm.

Blah, I spend the drive thinking how cool it would be to really go out with her, and come back to that entry. Oh well. Still, hopes are up..we'll see! :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2003, 12:46 am

Well I'm sure that pbf knows about the livejournal so she wouldn't write about your date until she is sure about her feelings for you - from her point of view, why stir up a hornet's nest until she's sure it's worth the trouble?

It's also easy (and common) to idealize someone once he is gone (or at least demoted from a bf to a pbf). I think the fact that she asked if you wanted to go to the bbq is a very positive sign - her friends will be there, meaning she wants you to meet them!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 27th 2003, 12:57 am

candygirl wrote:Well I'm sure that pbf knows about the livejournal so she wouldn't write about your date until she is sure about her feelings for you
Actually, a few hours after I made that post, I made that exact realization myself. :) And then she got online, and we talked about music for a bit, and she told me she'd make me a mix cd, and asked me to make her one too. So...YAY! Thats pretty cool.

I want to apologize because this thread has sorta become my online journal iteslf. Perhaps its a little narcissistic (sp?) of me, but its definitely interesting putting this stuff out there. And its not like a livejournal where people I know can get to it and read it. Well, they can, but the chances are slimmer. :)

I guess if you don't want to hear my ramblings, you don't need to read, right? :P

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2003, 2:38 am

Hey, that's why the forum is called Your So-Called Life!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 27th 2003, 9:17 am

candygirl wrote:Hey, that's why the forum is called Your So-Called Life!

Exactly. Write on Andrewgd, write on.

Best,

Lance Man

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » May 27th 2003, 1:09 pm

I must admit that I have been waiting in the wings and enjoying the soap opera. Don't feel guilty. It's entertaining. I wish the best to you. Don't get worried about her not mentioning you in the Live Journal. Sometimes those things can get you in to trouble with pbfs or friends or what have you. When she's dumped the pbf, which hopefully she will, you'll have plenty of your own entries.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 31st 2003, 11:07 pm

Mmm...warm fuzzy feelings! Even if this doesn't go anywhere, its still fun. Maybe I'll explain later. :D

------------------
Its later.
We chatted for a while on AIM. She actually agreed to go to Borders Sunday to just browse around with me. They've got a coffee bar, so we can sit there and chat a bit. We talked for quite a while. It was pretty cool. This time she mentioned her "boyfriend". No psuedo. Oh well, like I keep saying, we'll see. It'll be cool if something happens, and if not, it'll be cool just to hang out with her (as long as I don't get too attached, is that possible for me? I dunno...)

I love AIM+. I can go through and read the whole thing again. We joked around a bit more, poking fun at ourselves and eachother a little. Its hard, getting to know someone, what their sensibilities are. Can you make fun of "The Church", Republicans, goths, gearheads, jocks? Can you swear? The list goes on and on. I mean, what if I mention that I can't stand sports and think they're a waste of school money (just an example, not an actual beleif) and it turns out she played soccer and went onto state finals?

I guess that's what dating is about. Finding out these things so you can figure out if you want to be with someone with their beleifs and sensibilities.

...and now I'm rambling. :) Goodnight.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 1st 2003, 10:21 pm

Well, it was pretty fun just walking around, looking at books and music together. She did end up mentioning her boyfriend about 8 times though. No "psuedo" or "boyfriend/friend". Oh well. I'm hoping at least we'll get to spend more time together. We'll see I guess.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 2nd 2003, 2:12 am

Well its good to see that you are getting along, though the dropping of the "pseudo" kind of puts me off. Makes me think either she is not interested in you as more than a friend or she is unsure of herself at this point and is playing it safe.

It does look like you are beginning to forge a good friendship, which may or may not go into other realms of possibilities. You/we will have to just wait and see :)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 2nd 2003, 9:29 am

andrewgd wrote:Well, it was pretty fun just walking around, looking at books and music together. She did end up mentioning her boyfriend about 8 times though. No "psuedo" or "boyfriend/friend". Oh well. I'm hoping at least we'll get to spend more time together. We'll see I guess.
Cool,

Glad you had a good time. I think you have great perspective, just enjoy the moment and have fun.

Best,

Lance Man

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jun 4th 2003, 2:15 pm

I like this thread.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 5th 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.