Please post here if you have received a refund...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
trustella
Nicky Driscoll

Post by trustella » May 6th 2003, 1:46 pm

smidge wrote:How long did most of you have to wait to receive refund cheques? I sent my form off a while ago (I'm guessing about 6 or 7 weeks ago now) and still haven't received anything.
After about 2-3 months of harassing them to get a form sent to me, I promptly sent it back on April 25th. I emailed AU twice in the following weeks, and as of today (May 6th), they had not received my form and asked if I wanted them to send me a new one. (I'm located in the same state as AU so they should have the form by now.) I'm getting a new one sent just in case. I was stupid and didn't send the first form registered mail. I'll send the next one registered.

So you might want to email and ask about your form. They've been pretty prompt about getting back to me about not receiving the form. If you made a copy of your form before you sent it, you should include the Claim number. Good Luck!

Jill-o
Frozen Embryo

Finally

Post by Jill-o » May 10th 2003, 3:35 pm

Went to the mailbox today...and there it was!! :D

Only about a year later...but hey...who's counting...haha

Thanks Jason for all you've done and not giving up on this. I know I would not have gotten this check if it wasn't for you!

Now I have to wait till Monday to cash it....but it's ok...it's in my hand!

~Jill

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Finally

Post by lance » May 12th 2003, 11:37 am

Jill-o wrote:Went to the mailbox today...and there it was!! :D

Only about a year later...but hey...who's counting...haha

Thanks Jason for all you've done and not giving up on this. I know I would not have gotten this check if it wasn't for you!

Now I have to wait till Monday to cash it....but it's ok...it's in my hand!

~Jill
Jill,

Glad you finally, finally got that check. Let us know if it clears.

Best,

Lance Man

smidge
Tino

Still no refund - wah!

Post by smidge » May 14th 2003, 2:22 am

trustella wrote:
So you might want to email and ask about your form. They've been pretty prompt about getting back to me about not receiving the form. If you made a copy of your form before you sent it, you should include the Claim number. Good Luck!
Thanks, I'll need it! Which e-mail address should I be using these days? There was more than one floating around. I still haven't heard a peep, but I have a photocopy of the form I mailed in which has the hand-scratched "serial number" of the claim form on it.

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Still no refund - wah!

Post by trustella » May 14th 2003, 6:37 pm

smidge wrote:
trustella wrote:
Thanks, I'll need it! Which e-mail address should I be using these days? There was more than one floating around. I still haven't heard a peep, but I have a photocopy of the form I mailed in which has the hand-scratched "serial number" of the claim form on it.
I've had favorable response from customerservice@anotheruniverse.com of late. There's also mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com as well. Usually when I write, I use both.

So I mailed a copy of the form that never got there via registered mail, and it got there in a day, and I got an email confirmation that they received the form. No date given on when to expect a refund, but at least I know they got it.

arnesbarnes
Tino

Post by arnesbarnes » May 20th 2003, 5:12 pm

Hmm, well the good news is I got a cheque this morning.

Bad news is it's for half the amount I'm owed. AU double charged me, and then I cancelled my order, so I should have got $230 back. My cheque was for $115. I've emailed them to ask why, but no response as yet.

The most annoying thing is that, as I'm in the UK, I'll be charged £5 per cheque to pay it into my account, so if I end up with two cheques, I'll lose out twice. :evil:

Half the money is better than nothing, but there's no way I'm giving up on getting the rest.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 20th 2003, 5:30 pm

arnesbarnes wrote:The most annoying thing is that, as I'm in the UK, I'll be charged £5 per cheque to pay it into my account, so if I end up with two cheques, I'll lose out twice. :evil:

Half the money is better than nothing, but there's no way I'm giving up on getting the rest.
I'm sure that is all part of Ross' master plan. :evil:

smidge
Tino

still no reply

Post by smidge » May 25th 2003, 12:17 am

Well, it's been a week since I e-mailed those assholes to see what's happened to my refund form which I sent in more than two months ago. Not a peep out of them at all. Any ideas on what I should do next? Just keep bombarding them with e-mails? Is there a number I should call? Is it an act of futility, and only the lucky winners get a refund. My word. It's MY money, and getting a refund is like winning the lottery or something.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 25th 2003, 1:39 am

I just sent an email to Ross to give him a heads up about what is coming next.

I am about to email every customer on the list, who has not already received all of the promised product to report a complaint the IFCC. Not only double charges. Not only cancellations without refunds.

Every single person who bought from AU.com did so because they were fraudulently offered items that do not exist.

Does this mean that these acts were/are intentional? Well, those items are STILL offered today, more than 15 months after they were first offered.

Sure doesn't seem accidental.

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tapp_Darden » May 26th 2003, 4:43 pm

I got my refund about two weeks ago. cashed it. so far so good. I hope others are getting theirs....

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 27th 2003, 9:21 am

Tapp_Darden wrote:I got my refund about two weeks ago. cashed it. so far so good. I hope others are getting theirs....
Glad to hear it.

Best,

Lance Man

Richie
Tino

Post by Richie » May 28th 2003, 10:12 am

I finally got a refund form in the mail.
I am going to send it back today and risk including my CC info.
I'm in the UK and seeing as arnesbarnes above has had some money back there may be hope for me.
I hope!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 2nd 2003, 7:13 pm

Jason R wrote:I am about to email every customer on the list, who has not already received all of the promised product to report a complaint the IFCC. Not only double charges. Not only cancellations without refunds.
Did this happen?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jun 2nd 2003, 7:18 pm

Too many emails were being filtered as spam, I should have a new delivery mechanism within the next 24-48 hours. I'll post the letter here if anyone wants to proofread it.

smidge
Tino

Zip

Post by smidge » Jun 6th 2003, 12:27 am

I've still heard zip from AU. Sent in the refund form two or three months ago now. E-mailed three weeks ago. No answer. E-mailed again. Still no answer. Now what? Am I just not a winner in the Refund Lottery?