Instant Messaging Dating?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 22nd 2003, 4:14 pm

Megs wrote:Good luck! When is it, tonight? And she mentioned a "pseudo-boyfriend"? In those terms?
Yeah, I'm leaving in an hour (5:00). I can give you an exact quote on the psuedo thing (thanks to AIM+):

her: i wanted to see [Down With Love] friday, but I didn't want to drag my boyfriend to it. not his cup of tea
her: well, psudo-boyfriend
me:Psuedo-boyfriend eh? I have a feeling I should leave that one alone. :-)
her:yeah, like, he's in boston and I"m here. so we're kind of together. we're just playing it by ear

So thats what that is. Its kind of interesting venting all of this for everyone to see. I guess it is a good time killer, and I get to blow off some of this nervousness at the same time. I'm probably not nearly as nervous as I sound, its just easy to blabber on about it here. :)

So do I pull a "Something About Mary" before I go? ha ha ha...ummm, brb! :shock:
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » May 22nd 2003, 5:08 pm

Sounds like the pbf could be her parachute. Keep in mind she's never met you before either, the pbf could be her excuse to cool things off if she chose to use it. I wouldn't worry about if there is a third party involved unless there were a few more dates, for now your goal should be to have a fun evening. Good luck.

P.S. if dinner feels slow, tell the staff that it's her birthday. You'll get a free desert and seem really spontaneous at the same time. Girls love a little mistery.

best,
nothingman
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 22nd 2003, 5:18 pm

andrewgd wrote:Well, she got back from school, .... after going to Applebees for dinner.
Ugh I watch too much TV now. First thing I had to know is if she is on Sorority Life :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 5:26 pm

Haha, I thought about Sorority Life when I read that too!

:oops:

Please tell us her name isn't Nicole :wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » May 22nd 2003, 5:33 pm

nothingman wrote: P.S. if dinner feels slow, tell the staff that it's her birthday. You'll get a free desert and seem really spontaneous at the same time. Girls love a little mistery.

best,
nothingman
Thats the best suggestion ever!!! hehe omg, if I guy I was out with did that, Id have no choice but to date the guy! I love that kind of thing...*sigh* ode to have a boyfriend... :wink:

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

that was me

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 22nd 2003, 5:34 pm

that was me above, i hate when i do that..

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 22nd 2003, 10:27 pm

Megs wrote:You've pulled us into this and you can't leave us hanging. We want details!
I took my friends advice and tried as hard as possible to just treat it as a couple friends getting something to eat. Since she has mentioned the "pbf" I didn't want to insult that by coming on to her.

Its interesting meeting and talking with someone the first time. There's so much to talk about! I almost forgot about the waitress I was too busy talking, and asking questions about her. (I made sure not to talk about myself too much, or ask about her too much...kept them both fairly even) Anyways, we talked about art school (both of us illustrators) and roomates, and music...probably a lot more, but I can't really remember now! We got to the theater about half an hour early, so we got to talk a little bit more...tv shows, anime, some movies. We got into the movie for free (cause she used to work there, and her friends were working).

The movie was interesting. Especially when the whole movie was one big sexual innuendo, and about the woman turning the tables on men, and using them for sex, etc, etc, etc. We made fun of the old guy snoring behind us.

After the movie, she invited me to a barbcue that she's having for her friends in a month (yeah, thats a while from now...which is a little odd I though). She's going to Boston for the weekend to see Ben Folds (and I'd assume the pbf). So told her to call me when she got back into town if she wanted to do something. We hugged...and that was that.

So that's the payoff for tonight :) I'd post a photo of her so you could see how amazingly super-cute she is, but I'm leery of posting my own personal info on boards, I wouldn't dare post hers. Just trust me...short red hair, pointy glasses, bowling shoes :) he he he, cute.

Oh, and I picked Applebee's cause its a place I knew that wasn't too expensive, and the food would fine. I hadn't seen Sorority Life, so I didn't catch the connotation.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

meggrrrl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by meggrrrl » May 22nd 2003, 11:52 pm

Yay! It sounds like it went well if she's inviting you somewhere where her friends can meet you. That would make the pbf much more pseudo, I would think. I mean, if it were in any way serious with this other guy she'd be more worried about pbf finding out about you. It sounds like she read it as a date too.

I wonder if pbf even exists. Whether he does or not, it sounds like he was a parachute she realized she won't be needing.

Be sure to tell us when she calls!

Megs doppleganger

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 23rd 2003, 12:50 am

Yes meg, I'm hit by insomnia as well....
meggrrrl wrote:I wonder if pbf even exists.
Yeah, he does. :) He was mentioned in her LiveJournal on what happened to be the day I introduced myself to her on AIM. Which brings up a point I meant to ask about:

In her AIM profile, she has a link to her LiveJournal. Is that something I should just stay out of? I'm afraid I'm too curious a person to be able to do that :) What are everyone's thoughts on reading someones livejournal without them really knowing you are? It is a public journal with a public link to it on her profile. Thoughts?
Be sure to tell us when she calls!
IF she calls. I'm such a defeatist, aren't I? :wink:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 23rd 2003, 1:03 am

andrewgd wrote:In her AIM profile, she has a link to her LiveJournal. Is that something I should just stay out of? I'm afraid I'm too curious a person to be able to do that :) What are everyone's thoughts on reading someones livejournal without them really knowing you are? It is a public journal with a public link to it on her profile. Thoughts?
I would check that journal out, but that is just me. Actually I would have before I met in RL, just on the off chance her live journal is where she brags about all the men she seduces and murders online ;)

Seriously, she probably thinks that you have already read it, she must realize it is on her profile and available to be seen by you or anyone else she talks to. So to me that means fair game. And we all know you are obviously curious, so go for it. :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 23rd 2003, 2:13 am

I agree - if it is in her profile, then she has to assume anyone she IMs might read it. I mean, if it was a big secret she would only give the info out to people individually, right?

Read through the archives and see if she has any tips on places to bury things. You know, just in case.

:wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 23rd 2003, 2:22 am

candygirl wrote:Read through the archives and see if she has any tips on places to bury things. You know, just in case.

Whruu? What exactly does that mean? I sense the joke, but don't quite get it...

I could always download all the songs she mentions she likes, and play them over and over and over until I totally obsess about it, right? :wink:

Hmmm, maybe a light perusing is in order. :D

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 23rd 2003, 10:15 am

andrewgd wrote:So that's the payoff for tonight :) I'd post a photo of her so you could see how amazingly super-cute she is, but I'm leery of posting my own personal info on boards, I wouldn't dare post hers. Just trust me...short red hair, pointy glasses, bowling shoes :) he he he, cute.
You lie! :D

My dream woman is Angela in "Halloween" 10-15 years older. Pointy glasses just do it for me. Red hair, too? GRRR. I'm jealous already.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 23rd 2003, 12:11 pm

TomSpeed wrote:My dream woman is Angela in "Halloween" 10-15 years older. Pointy glasses just do it for me. Red hair, too? GRRR. I'm jealous already.
Ha ha! I so hadn't thought of that. Yes, Angela in Halloween definitely cemented my crush on her in highschool. 'Cept think red glasses, and chin length hair, and you've pretty much got it. :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 23rd 2003, 1:56 pm

andrewgd wrote:
candygirl wrote:Read through the archives and see if she has any tips on places to bury things. You know, just in case.

Whruu? What exactly does that mean? I sense the joke, but don't quite get it...

I could always download all the songs she mentions she likes, and play them over and over and over until I totally obsess about it, right? :wink:

Hmmm, maybe a light perusing is in order. :D
Sorry, I guess that was my strange sense of humor - my friends and I have a joke about meeting people online along the lines of you will end up chopped into tiny pieces and buried in the desert.

Maybe you could make her a mix CD with all her favorite songs :wink: