Best way to get over an 8 yr crush??

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Best way to get over an 8 yr crush??

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 22nd 2003, 1:35 am

Alright, whats the best way to get over a super long term crush??? I really need to move on,. And when i see him??? well when i see him, I really have to stop visualizing what its like, to like, see him naked...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 22nd 2003, 2:37 am

A 48 hour coke binge with a gaggle of cheap whores and even cheaper wine. :wink:

Seriously though, best way. Find someone new to crush on. Works like a charm. Nothing like killing one addiction with another one. Of course this just creates a viscious cycle that eventually will have to be broken, but I am a big fan of the immediate fix.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 2:54 am

Honestly, time is the best healer. One day you will wake up and feel a little different and realize that you're getting over it. Until then, keep busy. Join a club, volunteer, go out with your friends, try new things, whatever it takes. Just don't sit around moping and obsessing about him!

If all else fails, try the coke binge and whores - instant gratification!

I'd like to state for the record that despite my reputation :wink: I was not the one who initially suggested coke and whores!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 22nd 2003, 3:21 am

candygirl wrote:I'd like to state for the record that despite my reputation :wink: I was not the one who initially suggested coke and whores!

:D
HA! Like anyone will believe that!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 3:33 am

I know - my reputation precedes me!

:oops:

:P

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 22nd 2003, 8:42 am

Candygirl wrote:One day you will wake up and feel a little different and realize that you're getting over it.
I've heard that it also helps to dance around the room to Blister in the Sun when this occurs! :D

But listen to Candygirl's advice, (at least in respect to this thread :P ), go out meet new people. Make a point of making blatent eye contact with any guy that you want to meet (lets us know you're not going to make us look like an idiot when we try to talk to you). Oh and if you really really want a guy to talk to you make sure that you are not always in a large group of people. Seperate yourself once and a while to give us a chance to talk to you alone or with one other friend. Most guys know that we're going to crash and burn when talking to a girl and we don't like to perform such actions infront of a whole group of people we don't know.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Post by Guest » May 22nd 2003, 11:13 am

mglenn wrote:
Candygirl wrote:One day you will wake up and feel a little different and realize that you're getting over it.
I've heard that it also helps to dance around the room to Blister in the Sun when this occurs! :D

But listen to Candygirl's advice, (at least in respect to this thread :P ), go out meet new people. Make a point of making blatent eye contact with any guy that you want to meet (lets us know you're not going to make us look like an idiot when we try to talk to you). Oh and if you really really want a guy to talk to you make sure that you are not always in a large group of people. Seperate yourself once and a while to give us a chance to talk to you alone or with one other friend. Most guys know that we're going to crash and burn when talking to a girl and we don't like to perform such actions infront of a whole group of people we don't know.
I cant wait for my Blister in the Sun moment, to feel as though Sean has been surgically removed from my heart! hehehe Thanks for all the advice guys, if its time answer, lets just hope this 8 year crush doesnt become a 20 year crush :shock:
mglenn: thanks for the boy tips, maybe that has something to do with the fact im going on 3 years single...ill definitely have to try that...
In response to the cheap whores: interesting theory, very interesting!!! ha ha and gave me quite a chuckle on this cold Thurs afternoon :)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

crush

Post by lance » May 22nd 2003, 1:53 pm

Hmmm,

Everyone has their own unique way of getting over crushes.

Everytime my brother had a romantic reversal of one kind or another he did pull ups. He did a lot of pull ups.

IMHO just stay busy and before you know it you will have moved on to other things and other people.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: crush

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 2:07 pm

lance wrote:Everytime my brother had a romantic reversal of one kind or another he did pull ups. He did a lot of pull ups.
That isn't a euphemism for...anything, right?

:shock:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » May 22nd 2003, 4:11 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote:Everytime my brother had a romantic reversal of one kind or another he did pull ups. He did a lot of pull ups.

Dirty!

:shock: :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 22nd 2003, 4:15 pm

Not I said the duck!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 24th 2003, 9:41 am

candygirl wrote:

LOL!

Bad candygirl, no doughnut for you.

:wink:

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 24th 2003, 9:16 pm

lance wrote:Bad candygirl, no doughnut for you.
Is that a euphemism too?

:wink:

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 25th 2003, 10:15 pm

Coke and whores always works. :P
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 26th 2003, 9:32 pm

K-man wrote:Coke and whores always works. :P
Or maybe work and Coors?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."