Everything I learned from MSCL list

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Everything I learned from MSCL list

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 20th 2003, 3:42 pm

You know how there are all those funny lists out there "Everything i learned i learned in kindergarten" and "Everything I learned I learned from Star Wars", well ive been looking for one Everything I learned i learned from MSCL and surprisingly, I havent found one yet. :(

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 21st 2003, 3:53 pm

I'll start things out:

1. If you need a change in your like, start with your hair color!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 4:11 pm

Some good academic stuff I learned from MSCL:

Why do we need plasma?

Because the League of Nations failed.

And why did the League of Nations fail?

Because it's in the first person.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 21st 2003, 4:22 pm

Our Town --

It's a town. It's ours. End of story.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 4:30 pm

Fat-free is, like, free. Of fat.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 21st 2003, 4:47 pm

Candygirl wrote:Fat-free is, like, free. Of fat.
10 Thinks I hate about you flashback:

So whats the difference between fat-free and like nonfat?
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 4:52 pm

School is a battlefield for your heart.

If you made a [year]book of what really happened, it'd be a really upsetting book.

It's the lack of meat that's destroying America.

It's Thursday. Yesterday was Wednesday...so that's how I know.

The cafeteria is the embarrassment capital of the world.

Bi means bisexual.

All the cool kids sniff floor wax.

Everyone's an act.

Everyone's looking for their real parents.

People throwing themselves at people is like the basis of civilization.

A kiss must result in intercourse - it's a law in Pennsylvania.

An experiment is a purposeful activity designed to solve a particular problem. An experiment is termed successful if it yields meaningful results.

Men like long hair, variety, and red dresses.

Velcro is pretty amazing.

Hillary Clinton is a brilliant woman and people should stop judging her by her hair.

Lots of people, they try so hard. They can't hear the music. Then they start to feel lost. So they wanna look down. Don't look down. It will throw you off balance and you'll lose your footing. So look straight ahead, look right into your partner's eyes, and remember to smile.

Cliches happen.

Boys can sometimes not know how to be what you want them to be. It's really hard to figure out how to be a man.

Nobody knows anything important.

A place where kids can live, and walk to school, and become grownups without having to worry about guns and AIDS and serial murderers didn't use to be exotic. That wasn't the province of the rich.

People looking at you is good.

It's not the lack of economic opportunity or the poor home lives, or the lack of values, but the guns. You know, the things that shoot.

People wanna believe things about people so they decide certain things are true and they don't even ask.

Usually people latch on to things when there is a kernel of truth. That's when they get into trouble.

Nobody is interested in the truth. All they care about is what they want to believe.

It's such a lie that you should do what's in your heart. If we all did what was in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on May 21st 2003, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:00 pm

When you're not sure you trust a person anymore, say a person you really trusted, you start wishing they'd do something, like, really wrong, just so you could be right about them.

When someone compliments your parents, there's, like, nothing to say. It's like a stun gun to your brain.

Sometimes the last sentence you said, like, echoes in your brain, and it just keeps sounding stupider and you have to say something else, just to make it stop.

People don't sell Grateful Dead tickets. People give people Grateful Dead tickets.

What's really horrible, is being a witness while someone's parents orders them around. It ruins the conversation.

That's what it is to raise a girl. Walking on egg shells half the time.

The breakup of the Beatles had less to do with Yoko Ono, and more to do with the fact that Paul wanted Linda's father to be their new business manager.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:13 pm

A metamorphosis is when someone totally changes into something else or just when anything changes shape.

To call something Kafka-esque refers to when something seems like a total nightmare and you can't believe it's really happening - only it is.

Where do people get ideas about slut potential? Research!

Matching outfits aren't sick - they're just unbelievably corny.

The worst feeling is suddenly realizing that you don't measure up, and that in the past, when you thought you did, you were a fool.

How to take care of a zit: soak a washcloth in some steaming hot water, apply it very gently. Make sure you have a swab to clean it.

Playing the clarinet is the latest dance craze.

The Egyptians wore eyeliner to ward off the evil spirits. They believed that if they outlined their eyes that the good spirits would spot them easier.

Everything causes a scar - living causes a scar.

All women become less and less attractive in the eyes of the world, more and more expendable as they grow older, while all men are considered more desirable and more attractive the older they get. Of course, men die sooner.

RuPaul is the only person in this world who really believes that he's beautiful.

Girls tear each other down because they're jealous.

What you have is God's gift to you - what you do with what you have is your gift to God!

Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison, and the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while and admit the truth - that when you really look closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on May 21st 2003, 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:23 pm

Teachers might have hidden lives where they are human and have dignity. Maybe.

Follow your hearts and veer away from heroin.

Throwing someone else's stuff out of a window shows a lack of respect.

Where do we go from here? Good question. We go further.

Forget spelling. Forget the rules.

Haiku poetry contains only seventeen syllables per poem.

Substitutes have hard to pronounce last names and bad haircuts.

Adolescents need guidance.

Injustice happens every day.

Every fight is not worth fighting. No one should have to compromise their principles, but compromise is a part of life. You can't win every fight. You just have to pick your battles.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:30 pm

Love...is when you look into someone's eyes, and suddenly, you go all the way inside...to their soul...and you both know, instantly.

Field trips are so intense. It's like everybody's been let out of their cages, or something.

The most important thing to remember is to stay with the group.

A man loses a little hair, he buys a great sports car. When women come to the end of their eggs, they end up looking like Germaine Greer.

Colleges really like it if you play more than one instrument.

Huge events take place on this Earth every day. Earthquakes, hurricanes. Even glaciers move.

Lots of people have dyslexia - that backwards thing. It makes reading incredibly difficult. A lot of really intelligent people are dyslexic.

If a guy had sex on a field trip, his friends would give him a medal.

You think you understand, but you don't! You just analyze everything until it barely even exists.

This life has been a test. If had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

When you drive by a horrible car accident, you just have to look.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:43 pm

Angioplasty is the operation with the little balloons.

When people are feeling sorry for you , take advantage of it.

The lumber business is very unpredictable.

There's so many different ways to be connected to people. There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to, even though there's not even a word for it. There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in this way that other people can't, because they've seen you change...they've let you change.

Halloween is your one chance all year to be someone else.

When someone dies young, it's like they stay that way forever, like a vampire.

Some people have to die young.

The longer you put it off the worse it gets. You just have to do it.

There are worse things in this world than firing someone.

School is public property.

It's always the same. But you come because you think, you know, maybe something cool will happen. 'Cause what if something did, happen, and you missed it?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 21st 2003, 5:44 pm

sheesh give some others a chance... :wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:51 pm

Refrigerators are so revealing.

All you really need to survive is mild yellow. All the other stuff is purely recreational.

Walking into someone's house for the first time is like entering another country.

The only really great foods are appetizers and desserts, so why bother eating anything else?

Life was created to be lived.

The daughter hides her feelings behind like the mask, and every mother is a daughter.

You must treat tarot cards with respect...but you can learn how to read the with a stupid book.

Makeup goes bad, you know, it does. It spoils.

Turkey is the easiest thing in the world and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

Grandparents spend their Saturday nights memorizing the state birds.

You do not put oregano in a curry sauce.

Oregano is the universal herb.

If it smells like MSG, and tastes like MSG, it probably IS MSG.

Kids can scare the hell outta you.

No card is all good or all bad. Cards can be positive or negative, depending on where they fall. When you read someone's future, they must think of a question. They must hold it in their mind. The cards are read in sequence. Each card leads to the next. We move from terror and loss to unexpected good fortune. And out of darkness, hope is born.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on May 21st 2003, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 5:59 pm

fnordboy wrote:sheesh give some others a chance... :wink:
I thought I was being efficient.

:oops:

Sorry!