DVD question

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.

DVD question

Post by Guest » Mar 16th 2002, 1:11 pm

Do any one know if the set will become on public release, eg hmv,amazon. Or if there only aviable if you pre order them at universe?

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Re: DVD question

Post by somamoons » Mar 16th 2002, 5:54 pm

They are only available through Another Universe.

Post by Guest » Mar 16th 2002, 6:03 pm

Will there be any more to buy after the 2500 are sold or will there only a certin amount be made?

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 16th 2002, 6:15 pm

If you read "DVD NEWS" it tells you this: there will be a wait list after the 2500 pre orders sell out. If someone cancels their order, then a person on the wait list will get one. Or if the wait list gets to be rather large, then they may do a minimal increase.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

eBay auction?

Post by Joanna » Mar 16th 2002, 8:23 pm

Just wait a few months....someone will undoubtedly sell a box set on eBay.....even though it will probably go for a lot of money if you're not sure about pre-ordering the set then waiting for it to come up on eBay may be a good call!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Re: eBay auction?

Post by Colene » Mar 16th 2002, 9:55 pm

If it goes up on eBay, I think it will go for <B>alot[/b] more than $100. There are many fans who still don't know about this and once it hits eBay, there will be a flurry of excitement. I predict it going upwards of $150+...especially if they're not going to be doing the special packaging after this. (side note: I wonder if the special packaging just means the special tin they are creating...or is it something else)

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 17th 2002, 1:29 pm

I bet a bid of $300 lol!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 17th 2002, 9:50 pm

I used to take printouts of eBay bids and show them to my higher-ups at BMG to get them to put out the DVD. Lot of good it did me! </sarcasm>

A few answers:
1) Looks like the tin is the main difference, however, if we can get a second design for the inside packaging, we want it. However, it wouldn't make sense to make a major change to the non-preorder versions, because what would happen if a non-pre-order version was more rare than the others?
2) Sets will be available without the special packaging after pre-orders, but there is not a guarantee of the quantity.

tome
Tino

Post by tome » Mar 19th 2002, 7:20 am

Some of us have to wait until it hits ebay. -like people who don't live in the few countries that anotheruniverse ships it's items.

.tome

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 19th 2002, 1:39 pm

That's a major bummer - what country are you in? Have you tried to get in touch with the DVD website to BEG them to ship it to you? I can't see why they'd say no seeing as it is such a special release for the fans.

Fingers crossed for you!

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 20th 2002, 4:13 am

I agree with Joanna, you should contact them and find out. Since their quoted shipping rates don't apply to the dvds then maybe the usual countries they ship to also doesn't apply. Won't hurt to ask :)

tome
Tino

Post by tome » Mar 20th 2002, 4:26 am

I have tried begging! =) (btw, I live in Finland). I have emailed them three times, I haven't gotten a single reply. Im not bitter. I know that they have their hands full right now. I'll get my boxset eventually!

.tome

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Mar 20th 2002, 3:29 pm

Did you email customerservice@anotheruniverse.com or justin@anotheruniverse.com? How long since your first email?

I'm pretty sure AU will ship anywhere for this.

tome
Tino

Post by tome » Mar 22nd 2002, 9:02 am

I emailed both justin and customerservice ... no reply. Everyone seems to think that they ship anywhere in the world but it's simply not true.

.tome

Post by Guest » Mar 22nd 2002, 12:23 pm

how long did you wait for a reply.