Dawson's Creek

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 2nd 2003, 12:51 pm

BTW: Kevin Williamson ("Scream") is going to write the series finale - he's the original creator of the show, but left it after season 1 or 2. According to epguides.com, he "decided to right some wrongs he thinks happened throughout the course of the series."

That could be interesting - I think I'll watch the finale.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 4th 2003, 10:26 pm

Interesting article about Dawson's Creek & the WB here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

finale

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 5th 2003, 10:52 pm

Wow! A lot has been written here since i last posted! haha You have me convinced.. sounds like Jens the one who dies!!! Even though Ive loved the show and all, it would kinda be funny ironic if it was Dawson, who dies in the creek :)
Id like to see Joey end up without a guy for once, doesnt look like thats gonna happen tho :( Awww poor muffin has to finally decide!!!?
I like Pacey, and i think he should be with Andie!!! They were so cute together! Id love for her to be in the finale episode.
Im gonna go check out all of those links you guys posted now!!

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

MSCL MENTIONED

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 5th 2003, 10:58 pm

candygirl wrote:Interesting article about Dawson's Creek & the WB here
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I just read the article now and LOOK LOOK LOOK!!! THEY MENTION MSCL!

"Dawson’s Creek was no remarkable piece of work, especially compared with ABC’s short-lived, exquisitely acted and written classic of turbulent adolescence, My So-Called Life, which had the misfortune of predating the WB. But it stayed on the teen radar, thanks to its hormonally overloaded story lines and numerous Very Special Episodes about the dangers of sex or drinking. "

AWWW!! The rest of the world HASNT FORGOTTEN!!!! MSCL 4EVER!!!

Megs
Lifehead

Re: finale

Post by Megs » May 6th 2003, 9:09 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:Wow! A lot has been written here since i last posted! haha You have me convinced.. sounds like Jens the one who dies!!! Even though Ive loved the show and all, it would kinda be funny ironic if it was Dawson, who dies in the creek :)
Id like to see Joey end up without a guy for once, doesnt look like thats gonna happen tho :( Awww poor muffin has to finally decide!!!?
I like Pacey, and i think he should be with Andie!!! They were so cute together! Id love for her to be in the finale episode.
Im gonna go check out all of those links you guys posted now!!
Crimson - I read some very good spoilers over on the Dawson's Creek forum at http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com . I basically know the entire finale. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/ij ... date&g=0#n
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 10th 2003, 12:38 am

So nobody died?! What a rip off?!!! I was so disappointed, the last episode was the biggest let down of the entire series!!! :(

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 10th 2003, 12:46 am

Nobody dies until the series finale which hasn't aired yet :(

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » May 10th 2003, 1:01 am

candygirl i thought that was supposed to be this week?? I guess I messed up the dates eh??? well thats a relief!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » May 12th 2003, 9:34 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:candygirl i thought that was supposed to be this week?? I guess I messed up the dates eh??? well thats a relief!
Yeah, the last episode airs this Wednesday. And somebody definitely dies!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » May 15th 2003, 11:10 am

Well last night was the final episode, and I guess someone did die. Personally I was hoping for a dam break and Dawson's Creek would was Dawson's Creek away, but i'll take what i can get. I think the sun was shining a bit brighter this morning and the songs of the birds were a touch more light hearted. :sunshine:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.... :multi:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » May 15th 2003, 11:38 am

I thought that the finale was well written and excellently acted. It was a great end to a show that had become (in the last three seasons) mediocre at best. KW did a wonderful job and the actors seemed into the material for the first time in ages.

The scene with Jen and Grams? Cried. Like. A. Baby. "I'll see you soon, child." :cry:

And for the record, I loved who Joey ended up with. :wink:

Love love love Pacey Witter. Michele Williams, Kerr Smith, Josh Jackson, and Katie Holmes all did a wonderful job acting.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 15th 2003, 1:24 pm

I stopped watching Dawson's Creek ages ago because the show was becoming so incredibly lame, but the finale was well written and well acted (even if the premise of Jen dying seemd a little contrived). I missed the first hour, but I cried waaaaay before the Jen and Grams scene. I'm a sap, I admit it! I was crying while Jen taped her video for Amy. :cry:

I'm not sure how I feel about Joey choosing Pacey, but like I said, I missed a couple of years so maybe that's when they became the perfect couple. Besides, as cliche as it is to end the series with Joey ending the love triangle, it would be even MORE cliche to go the 90210 "I choose me" route (which is what happened on That 70s Show).

All in all, a good finale that didn't make people like me (who have no idea what has happened in the past few years except that they went to a No Doubt concert) like they were out of the loop. A nice fuzzy tear-filled warm hug. Good way to go out (ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME JOSS?!).

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 15th 2003, 5:56 pm

I agree w/ Megs and Candygirl. I never was a regular fan of the Creek but the finale was good. Two thumbs up. I still say Dawson's Creek did a lot for the WB.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2003, 10:05 pm

candygirl wrote:it would be even MORE cliche to go the 90210 "I choose me" route (which is what happened on That 70s Show).
Even though I was referring to Dawson's Creek in this instance, I pull out the old Kelly Taylor "I choose me" thing from time to time because although I appreciate the independent woman message, it still cracks me up that she worded it exactly that way and slapped down Brandon and Dylan with it.

So imagine my hysterical laughter when I was reading the TWoP recap of the Buffy finale and saw this when Ace was writing about the cookie dough analogy:
On the one hand, I was very, very happy to see the message that not every relationship is the stopping point, especially when you're young. That relationships aren't failures or wastes of time simply because they end. That it's good to explore who you are and have a variety of experiences before settling down. I don't even mind the dough analogy, silly as it is. I'll just quibble that I don't think we're ever "done" becoming our adult selves. I get what Buffy's saying, though, and it's fantastically nice to see her make a genuine realization about herself and get the chance to articulate it to someone. Why were we so deprived of real character moments like this for Buffy all season? I'm laughing, though, thinking this is her Kelly Taylor moment, as she is quite clearly saying, "I chose me!"
Sadly, no one mentioned Kelly in the Dawson's Creek finale recaplet!

Wait, that's because Joey finally made a choice.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 22nd 2003, 4:36 pm

From tvshowsondvd:
"All Good Things..." "...Must Come To An End"; so said the episode titles for each portion of the double-length Series Finale for Dawson's Creek. Watched by the WB Network's biggest audience (over 7 million viewers), and written by show creator Kevin Williamson, this one took fans back to the show's basics, and wrapped up everything.

Or did it? Rumors have gone around that scenes featuring newer characters were cut, because they weren't part of Williamson's original cast. Well, perhaps we'll get to find out at the end of September.

That's because on 9/30, Columbia is releasing Dawson's Creek: The Series Finale - Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Director's Cut. With a list price of $24.95, this DVD features over 25 minutes of new material never broadcast, bringing the running time of this episode to 102 minutes.
You can view the cover art here

:D