Jared Leto in Black and White

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto in Black and White

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2002, 6:30 am

Here's yet another project featuring MSCL's Jordan. I have never even heard of this 1999 movie, but I was impressed looking at the info on Internet Movie Database since Robert Downey Jr., Joe Pantoliano, Claudia Schiffer and Brooke Shields are among the stars joining Jared Leto. Has anyone seen this movie?

The flick is slated to air early Monday, 1/21 (or late Sunday, 1/20, depending on how you look at it), on Cinemax from 3:05 to 4:45 a.m. Eastern time.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

chosephine
Jody Barsh

Re: Jared Leto in Black and White

Post by chosephine » Jan 19th 2002, 11:12 am

I've seen this movie, but I don't really remember Jared Leto in it...Oh, wait- I think he played a teacher? Anyway, it was a pretty good movie and it does have an "all-star" cast- even Mike Tyson is in it!

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2002, 6:22 pm

Wow! This one sounds a bit on the strange side, chosephine, but I do appreciate the feedback. Sometimes it's fun when there isn't an all-star cast because then no one person is trying to hog the spotlight.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 2nd 2002, 3:35 am

SPOILERS

I taped this when it last aired, but it took me this long to watch the tape due to RL. In any case, it was fun to see Jared with blond hair and playing a completely different role than Jordan Catalano. Not only was he a teacher in this movie, but he was also gay. It's definitely great to see that Jared is not afraid to take chances with his acting roles.

As for the movie itself, I wasn't that into it. There were a ton of cameos in this one -- Ben Stiller, Joe Pantoliano, Brooke Shields, Robert Downey Jr., Bijou Phillips, Mike Tyson (more coherent than I've seen him during an interview), etc. -- but after a while, all of those stars really distracted me from the storyline. And in the end, the movie seemed to be leading to a climax that was never realized.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 8th 2002, 12:19 am

Yeah, this was an interesting movie. I saw it in theaters, where it lasted about a week. Anyway, it wasn't very good, but I'm a big fan of improv both comedic and dramatic, and half this movie was improved. Mike Tyson was surprisingly good. Robert Downey Jr is always good at thisd type of thing. He had a short scene with Jared Leto which was obviously improvised. Downey's so good at it that all Jared could was laugh.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 8th 2002, 5:55 am

DTheater, I can't believe you went to see this in the theater since I don't even remember when it was released. Was it at a regular-run theater or an arthouse theater? And how many other people were there?

Thanx for the info on this movie being improv-ed. While that worked at some times in the movie, I think it ultimately led to the failure of this one. Still, Robert Downey Jr. and Jared certainly did play off each other quite well. And I, too, was surprised by Mike Tyson in this one.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 9th 2002, 5:55 pm

It was released nationwide. There were a lot of commercials for it and everything. In fact, Jared Leto was in the commercials, which is what made me notice it. It just bombed so badly that it didn't last too long. I honestly don't remember how many people were in the theater, but it was a typical Saturday night movie crowd.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/