Six Feet Under

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Six Feet Under

Post by Sascha » Feb 4th 2003, 5:28 am

Finally - the complete first season of Six Feet Under is as of today available on DVD:

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 1.33:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
Available subtitles: Spanish

Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Box set, Dolby
• Audio commentary by series creator, writer/director Alan Ball on episodes 1 & 13
• Behind the scenes featurette (20 mins.)
• Featurette on the making of the title sequence (15 mins.)
• Deleted scene from pilot episode
• 2 music tracks including the never-before-released "Kid Loco" title remix
• Series index
• Weblinks
• Widescreen anamorphic format
• Number of discs: 4

The lowest price I could find is $58 at http://www.directvideo.com .

I hoped for more extras (dailies, more deleted scenes etc), but at least there's an audio commentary.

I haven't seen Season 2 yet, but Season 1 almost managed to replace MSCL as my "all-time favorite tv show".

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 4th 2003, 11:27 am

This is a day i've been waiting for. I've been a HUGE fan of this show since it first aired on HBO. It replaced Sopranos as the best show on HBO in my book.

It took them waaaaay too long to get this set out, but atleast we have it now. I will most likely pick this up tonight on my way home from work. Though I am bogged down with a huge backlog of DVDs to watch (i might have to sneak this one up n line ;) )

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 4th 2003, 2:40 pm

I have never seen the show but have heard so many good things about it that I sent back two of my Netflix movies yesterday to make sure that they would process my next requests (SFU) today when the series was released. I can't wait to dig in!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

jaynedoh
Nicky Driscoll

new season!

Post by jaynedoh » Mar 1st 2003, 3:48 am

don't forget, the new six feet under season starts this sunday, march 2!
:shock:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 12th 2003, 2:37 am

I just rented the first disk from Blockbuster.

Its absolutely incredible. I watched the pilot episode, and instantly wanted to buy the set. I've only seen the first 3 of the series, but its definitely in my top 5 favorite tv shows of all time (subject to change as I have yet to see the rest of the series).

Its definitely on par with mscl, West Wing, Sports Night.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 12th 2003, 3:07 am

I rented this series from Netflix and loved it! Now I am (im)patiently waiting for S2 to be released on DVD. It was so hard to stay unspoiled when S3 started because there was all kinds of stuff in all the newspapers & magazines. Really, Buffy & Angel are the only shows where I read the spoilers! :oops: I like to keep everything else a surprise.

Anyway, this show is well acted and well filmed with beautiful cinematography and great plot twists. Can't wait for S2 on DVD - hurry up HBO! :evil:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 3rd 2003, 7:57 pm

I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find any sort of possible release date for the 2nd season. I checked TVShows on DVD, but didn't wade through their release schedule..(thats a tad tedious...does it have a better search? The page for Six Feet Under doesn't list a second season)

Where would this info be?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 3rd 2003, 8:35 pm

andrewgd wrote:Where would this info be?
Up HBO's nose with a rubber hose?

:evil:

Once a release date is announced, it will show up in the "DVD releases" link where the shows are listed alphabetically at tvshowsondvd. The SFU link there only shows S1 right now because there is no release date for S2 yet.

For some reason, HBO is really dragging its feet on releasing this. The only show that they have been even slower about releasing is Oz (only the first 16 episodes from 97-98 have been released so far - what are they waiting for?!). Guess if the characters aren't talking about Manolo Blahniks, there's no rush.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 4th 2003, 3:38 am

HBO is the SLOWEST at releasing their DVDs, the only ones that they are fairly up to date with are Sopranos and Whores in the City.

I would say probably sometime the end of this year it will pop up. Hopefully sooner though.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 4th 2003, 10:34 pm

fnordboy wrote:Whores in the City.
Although Sex and the City is far from my favorite show, I would like to state for the record that there is nothing wrong with single 30 year old women having lots of sex.

:D

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 5th 2003, 2:53 am

candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote:Whores in the City.
Although Sex and the City is far from my favorite show, I would like to state for the record that there is nothing wrong with single 30 year old women having lots of sex.

<chauvinism>
I wouldnt mind so much if they were half way decent looking ;) :twisted: </chauvinism>

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 5th 2003, 3:38 am

fnordboy wrote:<chauvinism>
I wouldnt mind so much if they were half way decent looking ;) :twisted: </chauvinism>
Well, as Seinfeld told us, only 10% of the population is attractive!

(I don't find them attractive either, but that doesn't mean they have to be celibate since there are lots of people who are uglier than them having lots o' sex)

:P

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 6th 2003, 2:10 pm

sniff sniff sniff :( I just finished off the last disk last night. I'm SOO glad they didn't leave a huge cliffhanger, just a couple nagging points. For the most part, everyone was happy, and thats very very good.

I just hope season 2 comes out before I go insane and read spoilers or something. It was amazing how I could totally call when something really bad and f##ked up would happen. Nat first walks into the warehouse thing (in the next to last ep?), and my stomach drops.

At first, I didn't think that I'd want to buy the set after renting the whole season, but I've definitely changed my mind on that one. I just want to stick in the first disk again and keep watching.

Nathan just seems like the greatest guy to know. I'd almost say he's attractive. He freaks out a little too easy, but he really seems like he could comfort almost anyone...

I think I've teared up watching this series more than any other series. It definitely knows how to pull on the heartstrings.

Anyways, I hope I can get the money together to get the set. I can't wait to share these with other people. Its just one of those shows I feel compelled to get other people to watch. (And would be a great one to cuddle up with a gf to watch.)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » May 13th 2003, 12:37 pm

Calling all people from the UK who don't have cable/digital/anythingotherthan terrestrial!

I wrote to Channel 4 over here and b*tched at them for the age it seems to be taking to put this on terrestrial tv. Guess what? Email back yesterday saying that series 2 will start May 25th 10pm on Channel 4!

:popcorn:

:multi:

So, people who have seen the second series... was it as good as the first? (please don't post spoilers... thanks).

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 13th 2003, 12:45 pm

Good job squeaky wheel!