Dawson's Creek

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Apr 6th 2003, 12:55 pm

so i loved this show in the beginning and i watched the first probably three or four season. then i stopped cause i just stopped caring. skip ahead to this past fall. a girl i work with loves that show and has been a devoted fan since it started. every thursday she would tell me all about the previous nights episode so i kind of got caught up on a lot of things i had missed. so i started catching episodes here and there. then she told me more recently that the show was ending so i figured i would watch the final epidsodes. i don't think it's as bad as a lot of you are saying. i think it's actually getting better again now so it can go out well. i am a huge pacey and joey fan and if they don't get together at the end i will be very mad. i hate dawson and they could kill him off for all i care. he is just so boring and i've always hated his personality. he could have had joey but he didn't take his chance. it's all pacey now.

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Apr 14th 2003, 3:16 am

I for one am really glad, how a stupid unrealistic teen show like this could go on for so long, and MSCL get's canceled in a season is beyond me. If you are like me, you watch every teen show out there hoping for somthing even remotely as good as MSCL. So with great trepidation I started watching this show from the beginning. I continue to watch it for one simple reason, I find it one of the funniest shows on TV becasue it is so incredibly bad. I mean I can not believe what tripe it is. I love how they pretend to be so grown up and changed after one stupid year of college. Then Joey and Dawson finally do the deed, only to break up right after. I mean what the f---. I find it to be one of the stupidiest shows ever.

As for friends. one word LAME. I mean in the beginning it was some what funny, now it is so stale I can hardly stand it, I stopped watching seasons ago, but when it ends next year I will watch, but unlike Seinfeld and Cheers I won't miss it. And let us not forget Friends primiered the same year as MSCL and aired opposite it on NBC. And is one of the reasons the ratings were not so good.

Bubba
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Bubba » Apr 14th 2003, 7:57 am

Why Dawson succeeded where MSCL did not:

"And, I mean, this whole thing with yearbook -- it's like, everybody's in this big hurry to make this book, to supposedly remember what happened but it's not even what really happened, it's what everyone thinks was supposed to happen. Because if you made a book of what really happened, it'd be a really upsetting book. You know, in my humble opinion."

MSCL had the courage to the tell the truth to an audience that wasn't ready to hear it. Dawson pandered.
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. And above all things... Love.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 14th 2003, 9:47 pm

Bubba wrote:Why Dawson succeeded where MSCL did not:

"And, I mean, this whole thing with yearbook -- it's like, everybody's in this big hurry to make this book, to supposedly remember what happened but it's not even what really happened, it's what everyone thinks was supposed to happen. Because if you made a book of what really happened, it'd be a really upsetting book. You know, in my humble opinion."

MSCL had the courage to the tell the truth to an audience that wasn't ready to hear it. Dawson pandered.
I agree - MSCL tried to show real relationships that happen in high school and portray teenagers realistically ("like, um, you know?") while Dawson's Creek created an idealized teenage universe where kids say things like, "Is the proposition of monogamy such a Jurassic notion?" I'm not saying teenagers are stupid, but how many of them REALLY speak like that?

I remember all the pre-Dawson's buzz (which, I admit roused my curiosity) - until I read a review that called the show "My So-Called Life...without the life."

I watched Dawson's Creek the first season to give it a chance, to fill the MSCL void of quality television in my life. As Angel said, "And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care."
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

who dies at the end???

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Apr 29th 2003, 1:26 am

I too am rooting for Joey and Pacey!!!!
Apparently someone dies, i think its gonna be Audrey!!! Cast your votes people!!!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: who dies at the end???

Post by fnordboy » Apr 29th 2003, 11:25 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:I too am rooting for Joey and Pacey!!!!
Apparently someone dies, i think its gonna be Audrey!!! Cast your votes people!!!
I hope its all of them :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 29th 2003, 1:05 pm

crimsonglowgurl wrote:Apparently someone dies, i think its gonna be Audrey!!! Cast your votes people!!!
Is Dawson's Creek ending Survivor-style? We get to choose who dies?

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

it was a cute show!!

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Apr 30th 2003, 1:57 am

Awwww!!!! You guuuuuyyysssssss!! *whine* hehehe But i LIKED the show!!! :P

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 30th 2003, 11:11 am

Dawson's Creek Battle Royale!!!

I would watch that season finale.

(battle royale plot to get the joke)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 30th 2003, 11:56 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:I too am rooting for Joey and Pacey!!!!
My vote is for Jen. Just a feeling I have. But I would rather it be Audrey.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 30th 2003, 1:33 pm

I vote for Jen too.

I would like to add that this morning when the alarm clock went off, there was an ad for Dawson's Creek on the radio. Something along the lines of "You saw them five years ago - Dawson, Joey, Jen, and Pacey...blah blah blah...now one of them will die." That leads me to believe that one of the original four dies (meaning Audrey is disqualified).

Anyway, I was trudging around the house in my early morning haze when the commercial played. My boyfriend said, "Hey, did you know someone is going to die on Dawson's Creek? That's not a nice way to wake up!"

:D

SPOILERS

Why do I think it's Jen? Because whilst reading some Buffy speculation at a spoilery site, I also saw info on the last Dawson's episode. Supposedly they all come home to Capeside five or ten years in the future (for Dawson's mom's wedding) and Joey is not with Dawson or Pacey. She brings her new boyfriend home (they wanted a big movie star kind of guy for this role - I think they ended up getting Chris Klein of American Pie). She, Dawson, and Pacey are all there, and Jen is dying of some disease. Could be a load of crap though - you never know.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 30th 2003, 2:15 pm

Spoilers

I read the same, candygirl. Also, Katie Holmes is dating Chris Klein in real life...
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 30th 2003, 3:13 pm

Okay, I was wrong - instead of Chris Klein, Joey's boyfriend will be played by Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under).

SPOILERS

from Kristin at E!
More on the Dawson's finale! Where is everyone in five years?
Dawson is a TV producer in Los Angeles, working on his autobiographical series, The Creek. (Touché!) Meanwhile, Joey is a book editor in New York City, living with her boyfriend (Jeremy Sisto). Jen is a single mom living in SoHo with Grams, and Jack is teaching back in ol' Capeside. Pacey runs the Ice House and is dating guest star Virginia Madsen. Not surprisingly, the P-J-D love triangle is still fully intact and is revived when they all get together for Gail's wedding.

Dawson or Pacey? I've heard conflicting reports.
Believe it or not, I'm hearing the producers might have to P.

If Pacey & Joey can't be together, why not have Pacey & Andie get back together?
I can assure you: One of those two things happens.

Okay, one wild, possibly true, possibly not, possibly smack-induced rumor is that the dead-to-be is expecting a child and will bequeath it to new lovers Jack and Doug (Pacey's brother). Now, although this pregnancy might not be true, the fact that it is conceivable that this person--one of the original four, as the promos say--could be preggers, should give you a pretty strong indication.

Die, Dawson, die.
No, sorry, no. And he's not going to get pregnant either.

Joey?!
Joey does not die. She will stick around, and she will finally make a real choice about which man she wants to be with.
Conclusion: Jen dies. Strangely, I just watched Species this weekend for the first time (only because I recognized Jen at the beginning).

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 30th 2003, 4:56 pm

I went to IMDb to check out who Jeremy Sisto was. I recognized the name, but couldn't remember a face. He was Elton in Clueless. Found this blurb that made me laugh:

'Appears very young in the well-known Twisted Sister's video "We're not gonna take it".'

:lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 30th 2003, 7:42 pm

When I first saw him as the crazy incestuous brother on Six Feet Under, my boyfriend said, "That guy totally looks like a Baldwin!" - so apropos that he was in Clueless!