Self Esteem

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

Self Esteem

Post by Guest » Apr 25th 2003, 11:20 pm

In self esteem catalano's friend says there's rayanne with that weird girl. Now why does he call Angela weird. I don't see what would make her weirder then rayanne. He then says there both weird but still Angela is not at all weird.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 26th 2003, 9:23 am

I think it's all about perception. People from the group that Rayanne would usually hang out with are very different to Angela and her family... they are more like Ray in lots of ways - they drink, they hang out lots, they don't seem like the types who have to ask their families for permission to go to places, or they sneak out.

Think of the group of people at the house on Cloverdale - who is the person who stands out as being different? Angela.

To people like Jordan's friend, Angela is very different... to many teenagers, 'different' = 'weird'. Sad but true.

I think that's why he calls her weird.... :)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 26th 2003, 10:05 pm

Guest, you might want to read through the Self Esteem discussion thread - I think this was briefly discussed.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

tigerlilly711
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tigerlilly711 » Apr 27th 2003, 9:18 pm

Well i think she did act pretty weird around them. The only time they saw her was around Jordan and she got pretty nervous arounf him scted weird and said some dumb things. Also she is always staring at them but never talks to them. I can see where she would seem somewhat weird.
This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do