Parker Lewis on DVD? And other greats...

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Parker Lewis on DVD? And other greats...

Post by fnordboy » Mar 14th 2003, 11:39 pm

Columbia TriStar is once again doing their poll of what TV Shows to put on DVD, same old ones are there still Newsradio, The Tick, etc. But they have two very noteworthy additions to the list:

The Critic and Parker Lewis Can't Lose!!!!

http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/poll/

Go and vote for your favorite shows (but make sue to put Parker Lewis as one of the first ones ;) ).

And remember to make sure "Full Season Box Sets" is chosen otherwise we all will get screwed with crappy 'best ofs'

See, voting can be fun. :)

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Mar 16th 2003, 2:14 am

Can we vote again? I've placed my vote, with Newsradio as my top pick, but I don't want my entries to be null because I stuffed the ballot.

Then again, I guess I can. It's not like they're promoting this as a second round of votes.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gary

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

columbia poll

Post by lance » Mar 16th 2003, 2:31 pm

Fnordboy,

Thanks again for the info on Columbia's poll.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 20th 2003, 10:25 pm

Yeah Fnordboy thanks for posting this. Square Pegs is on there as well. WooHoo! :D BTW, my exhausting search for PLCL on DVD a few months back turned up empty. But I tried.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 20th 2003, 11:35 pm

K-man wrote:Yeah Fnordboy thanks for posting this. Square Pegs is on there as well. WooHoo! :D BTW, my exhausting search for PLCL on DVD a few months back turned up empty. But I tried.
Well atleast you tried, and hopefully soon you wont have to worry.

When I saw this I immediately thought of you lol.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 22nd 2003, 3:06 pm

Thanks bro! PLCL on DVD would be way cool. Lately I have been monitoring the Freaks and Geeks on DVD project. Anybody know what's up with that?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 23rd 2003, 6:22 pm

Well it seems that some of these will be released sometime during this year. Soap, The Tick, Newsradio, Dilbert and more.

I am psyched for a few of these releases, but I am hoping that the "and more" part stands for Parker Lewis, Critic, and Square Pegs.

We will have to wait and see.

Some other great shows coming as well:

dates according to dvd.ign.com

Homicide (May 27)
Profiler Season One (June)
Saturday Night Live: Five-Disc 25th Anniversary Set (July)
Kingpin (July 22)
Will & Grace Season One (August 12)
Saved by the Bell Seasons One and Two (September 2)
Providence (October)
Little House of the Prairie (TBA)
Victory at Sea (TBA)

I know candygirl will be happy about the Little House ;) I personally am very happy to see Will and Grace being released R1 finally so I can not wait for that.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 23rd 2003, 7:06 pm

fnordboy wrote:I know candygirl will be happy about the Little House ;)
:oops:

Yup!

Should I be embarrassed?

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 9:25 am

fnordboy wrote: Saved by the Bell Seasons One and Two (September 2)
I thought candygirl wrote in her other thread that this was a rumor...? Is it going to be released on DVD?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 24th 2003, 9:56 am

I pre-ordered Homicide: Life on the Street (Seasons 1 and 2). It's one of my all-time favorite shows. I had forgotten that Sherry Stringfield from ER was also on Homicide. I'm considering buying NYPD Blue (Season 1), too. And, of course, The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Season 1) has been out for awhile. So many things to buy, so little money to buy them.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 24th 2003, 11:25 am

More on the subject:
Warner Bros., Columbia TriStar to Continue TV on DVD Trend
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- Unwilling to let 20th Century Fox steal all of the TV series on DVD thunder, Warner Bros. is slowly ramping up its commitment to putting television series on the format. In a chat hosted by Home Theatre Forum, several Warner Bros. executives revealed the company's current DVD-related plans.

While no firm commitments were made several titles were mentioned as being under consideration, including "The Dukes of Hazzard," "E.R.," "Smallville," "The West Wing," "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," "Night Court" and some of Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" lineup. Warner Bros. hopes to make announcements concerning many of these series "very shortly."

The executives also identified several titles that were not being considered for DVD release: "Birds of Prey," "The Flash," "Tiny Toons," "Animaniacs" as well as additional installments of "Samurai Jack."

To date Warner Bros. has released over 70 TV-related DVDs including season sets of "Friends," "Babylon 5," and "South Park." Upcoming releases from the company include "La Femme Nikita" and "The Ben Stiller Show." For the complete chat transcript, click here.

Meanwhile, thanks to poll on Columbia TriStar Home Video's web site, the company plans to release "The Tick," "Soap," "NewsRadio," "Dilbert" and several others on DVD later this year. Over 30 series were offered as options (click here for the complete list) in a poll opened back in February and those four were the top vote getters. Specific details about the releases were not mentioned however look for additional news in the coming months.

In total, Columbia TriStar has released over 50 TV-related DVDs including season sets of "Dawson's Creek," "All in the Family," "Good Times" and "The Jeffersons." Also arriving in the coming months: "Charlie's Angels" and "S.W.A.T."
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofut ... re&id=5894

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 24th 2003, 11:53 am

Megs wrote:
fnordboy wrote: Saved by the Bell Seasons One and Two (September 2)
I thought candygirl wrote in her other thread that this was a rumor...? Is it going to be released on DVD?
Yeah, I have seen this listed all over the place so I am believing that it is coming out, just no one knows the specifics about the release.
After checking with Lions Gate Entertainment regarding the "Saved By The Bell" information which found on DVD Profiler, it was determined that the information was false. The news item has been removed in order to minimize the spread of the wrong information. When we hear official specs from Lions Gate we will post them. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
I am hopeful that it is still the correct release date, you never know though.

From what I can tell is no one knows if it will have Good Morning Miss Bliss and the first year at Bayside or if they will count first year at Bayside as Season 1 (which would be incorrect).

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 11:56 am

Cool. Looks like Smallville is in production to be released on DVD.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 24th 2003, 1:42 pm

The executives also identified several titles that were not being considered for DVD release: "Birds of Prey," "The Flash," "Tiny Toons," "Animaniacs" as well as additional installments of "Samurai Jack."
Well why in Sam Hill not?!

:cry:

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 25th 2003, 1:00 pm

Fingers crossed for Parker Lewis and Square Pegs. Thanks everyone for keeping me posted. :wink: