Jordan's clothes

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
Taricco
Nicky Driscoll

Jordan's clothes

Post by Taricco » Apr 24th 2003, 10:06 am

I think his clothes looks very casual in a cool way. What do you guys like about his clothes. What do you like most, in which episode does he wear it? His clothes truly reflect his personality. What do you think? Does Jordan Catalano wears stuff like Nike, Fila or stuff like that? Is it all second hand stuff, so No name stuff? Does he influence your choice of clothes?
And most of all, where can I get the clothes he wears?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 11:24 am

I have always liked the gas station shirt he wears over a long-sleeved white shirt with his baggy jeans. I never liked the jacket he seemed to wear constantly towards the end of the series. The one with the fur collar.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Jordan's clothes

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 24th 2003, 1:32 pm

Taricco wrote:Does Jordan Catalano wears stuff like Nike, Fila or stuff like that? Is it all second hand stuff, so No name stuff?
Given his financial situation, as well as his general attitude, I would guess that Jordan was not wearing any brand name clothes. Can you imagine him with a big Nike swoosh shirt? :lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 1:41 pm

Plus, he doesn't seem to be the "jock" type, like Kyle.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 24th 2003, 1:53 pm

Taricco - there is some discussion about Jordan's clothes here but as far as where to get similar clothes, plaid and flannel were EVERYWHERE during the time that the show was filmed. You could go to any store and find some. These days you might have to look a little harder.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 24th 2003, 2:40 pm

I would try second-hand stores, such as the Goodwill, The Salvation Army, etc. My high school boyfriend dressed like that, and that's where he shopped.

Taricco
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Jordan's clothes

Post by Taricco » Apr 24th 2003, 6:31 pm

candygirl wrote:Given his financial situation, as well as his general attitude, I would guess that Jordan was not wearing any brand name clothes. Can you imagine him with a big Nike swoosh shirt? :lol:
Yor're right, I can't imagine him to wear a Nike swoosh shirt. But I really like the jacket he wears constantly towards the end of the series. It made him look more cooler. But he didn't actually change his clothes very often, right? I mean especially with his jacket. Is he more the "grunge"- type of guy?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 25th 2003, 11:13 am

I have found that flannel is a bit harder to find these days, what a shame. I've always been a fan of Jordon's jacket. I've searched for it since the show was new, but have never found one. I had a dark green Carhart jacket with a leather collar that was in a similar style, but i'm still looking for an authentic Jordon jacket.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Taricco
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Taricco » Apr 25th 2003, 12:06 pm

I also like his sweater he wore at the museum. And of course his jacket.
Isn't there a chance to find out where one can buy nearly or maybe exactly the same clothes? Where did the production staff get those clothes? Where did they film My so-called life? There's gotta be a way! Maybe ABC knows it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 25th 2003, 1:42 pm

MSCL was filmed in Los Angeles, and I'm pretty sure that they were able to get most of the clothes off the rack, meaning at regular stores, because ten years ago plaid flannel was so ubiquitous. As you can see by the discussion we had here, most of us had plaid clothes similar to what the characters wore. It's more difficult to find now because that trend is over. You might be able to find some plaid flannel shirts at places that sell work clothes (Dickies, etc). As for the work shirt that he had (with the name patch), you might be able to find something similar at a second hand store or even a store that sells skater clothes.

Taricco
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Taricco » Apr 25th 2003, 3:00 pm

candygirl wrote:MSCL was filmed in Los Angeles, and I'm pretty sure that they were able to get most of the clothes off the rack, meaning at regular stores, because ten years ago plaid flannel was so ubiquitous. You might be able to find some plaid flannel shirts at places that sell work clothes (Dickies, etc). As for the work shirt that he had (with the name patch), you might be able to find something similar at a second hand store or even a store that sells skater clothes.
Thanks. What about the sweater he wore at the museum? Where can I get this. And what work shirt do you mean? Do you mean the blue shirt with the 4 red stripes?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 25th 2003, 3:24 pm

Jordan's work shirt - the blue shirt with the name patch on the chest. Off the top of my head, I know that he wore it to the band's open mike night in On the Wagon and I believe at the end of Pressure (when Angela goes to see him in the garage). It looks like the kind of shirt that mechanics wear (short sleeves, name patch, buttons down the front).

I don't remember much about Jordan's sweater at the museum - was it blue with a stripe across the chest? You can still find striped sweaters in retail stores - I still see people wearing them around school, so they shouldn't be that hard to find. You might not be able to find the exact same thing, but you should be able to find something fairly similar.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 22nd 2003, 4:43 pm

I've found some info on the coveted Jordon's jacket. Though I do not know who made his, I did find out what kind it was. Even if I did know the manufacturer, I'm sure they no longer make that coat. Anyway, is a corduroy faux-shearling jacket(I've been jacket shopping this afternoon). The ladies probably know more about it than I do, but if you are searching for one, that's the style to look for. Target has a nice suede one in a dark brown on clearence for 48.99. Problem is I only see them in medium, I'm going to have to visit my target store later today in search of a large.

Here's the link:http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B00006L9B7

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 25th 2003, 11:20 am

Well, no luck on locating the Target jacket. But I went shopping to other clothing stores in the mall found that the exact type of jacket I’m looking for just happens to be in style this fall. Which is improves my chances of finding one greatly. On the downside, it won’t be as unique, kind of takes some of the fun out of it. Now, if I can only find some baggy corduroy pants.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 25th 2003, 5:02 pm

I found a jacket almost like Jordan's (I too have been looking for years) at Bootleggar (i'm not sure if this is an international chain or not), I bought the jacket and I love it! Also they had newly arrived plaid flannel shirts, maybe they are making a comback. Or just possibly we posters at mscl.com are the trend setters for the world and they are all looking to see what we'll be into next
:grab: