Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 8th 2003, 10:33 am

candygirl wrote:Yes, I would love to hear Spike grilling Angel about health benefits and 401K!

:D
:rofl:

Best,

Lance Man

"I just saved the world again and all I get is unpaid vacation!"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 12th 2003, 1:56 am

Some Buffy-related news:
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" co-star Nicolas Brendon has been added to Fox's comedy pilot "The Pool at Maddy Breakers,"
"Maddy Breakers" revolves around three 28-year-old women who struggle with the reality that they peaked in high school.

Brendon will play the ex-boyfriend from high school and current friend for one of the women, with Eric Nenninger (Fox's "Malcolm in the Middle") and Matt Bushell cast as the exes of the other women. Brendon plays the sardonic Xander on "Buffy," which will bow out next month after seven seasons.
The series will also feature Eric Nenninger (Malcolm in the Middle) and Matt Bushell (Security Guard #2 in Angel episode "The House Always Wins").

You can read the full article here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

buffy

Post by lance » Apr 15th 2003, 12:47 pm

Candygirl,

Thanks for the article link.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 15th 2003, 3:25 pm

Ack, FINALLY a new Buffy episode tonight!!

I think it says a lot when we are so hard up for new episodes, especially during the last season. It's so cruel!

(Last night I found out the spoiler of all spoilers - what is happening on the series finale - and I'm speechless. I had to control myself and NOT call my sister. She likes being unspoiled.)

:oops:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

buffy

Post by lance » Apr 21st 2003, 9:43 am

Just heard from Mek that Nerf Herder (the band that did the theme music for Buffy) will be making an appearance in the final episode.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 21st 2003, 1:24 pm

Yup, it's true! Does that mean they'll have to go to the Bronze one last time? :wink:

Tonight's E! News Daily (7pm most places but check your local listings) will show the BtVS wrap party. I guess that means it's real. :cry:

You can see pictures from the party here (thumbnails) or here (MUCH bigger but will take a lot longer to load!).

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 21st 2003, 1:30 pm

candygirl wrote:Yup, it's true! Does that mean they'll have to go to the Bronze one last time? :wink:

Tonight's E! News Daily (7pm most places but check your local listings) will show the BtVS wrap party. I guess that means it's real. :cry:

You can see pictures from the party here (thumbnails) or here (MUCH bigger but will take a lot longer to load!).
Did I miss something, or was SMG not at the wrap party? She wasn't shown in any of those pictures.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 21st 2003, 2:50 pm

No, she was not at the party. Filming for Scooby Doo 2 began in Vancouver on April 14 and the wrap party was April 18. There has been some speculation about why she wasn't there, especially since Seth Green (who is also in SD2) was at the party. Granted, he isn't one of the main chararacters, but it appears that he showed up a little late (and tired!).

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 21st 2003, 2:57 pm

Buffyworld interview with Seth Green at the wrap party:

Seth Green showed up late to the Buffy finale party and he looked quite haggard. We only got him for a couple minutes, but we covered everything – his thoughts on the show ending, and his role in the upcoming Scooby 2, or Scooby-Doo 2.

What are your thoughts on Buffy ending?
I think it’s a great show.... I think they had a really strong run. I don't think anybody’s got anything to feel bad about.

What is its legacy?
I think it’s an indelible legacy, don’t you? It was something that connected with a lot of people. It was socially relevant. It was able to articulate really complex social themes with something humorous and accessible. I think that’s a pretty amazing testament.

Have you started Scooby 2 yet? Yeah, I just flew in this morning. I finished work at five this morning, was on a flight at six and I haven’t really slept yet so I’m a little delirious right now.

Is it like a big reunion with Sarah Michelle Gellar?
Yeah. We actually haven’t worked together yet, but I think she’s great and I look forward to working with her whenever I get the opportunity.

What are you playing?
I play a museum curator, like a professor of museum studies.

Is this one more adult than the first?
There’s no premarital sex in it. I don't know what you consider adult. Undertones and subtext. Yeah, I thought the first one was pretty sharp with the adult subtext, but I think they’re less bound this time by committee. I think the first one, they had a lot more to prove so they didn’t know exactly what direction to go in, and this time they know what works and what doesn’t, so they’re just pulling ahead.

What are the special effects like?
I haven’t seen them yet. Let me walk inside guys. Otherwise I’ll say something retarded.

source: http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/wee ... 042003.htm
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Apr 22nd 2003, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

buffy

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:39 pm

Candygirl,

Thanks for the update. Quite cool that Seth Green could make to the party despite the heavy shooting schedule.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

great pics

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:51 pm

Candy,

Thanks for the links to the wrap party! Really nice pictures.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:23 pm

Thought some of you might find this amusing (or insulting?):

http://nightbane1.tripod.com/buffy/pittsburgh.pdf

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:40 pm

FYI - there is a petition to have Buffy released in widescreen (R1):

http://www.petitiononline.com/dc17/petition.html

Apparently, R2 and R4 are already available as widescreen.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:44 pm

candygirl wrote:Thought some of you might find this amusing (or insulting?):

http://nightbane1.tripod.com/buffy/pittsburgh.pdf
The person who authored this is joking, right?(there isn't actually someone out there that thinks this is true right?) Quite Amusing.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:52 pm

I was pretty sure it was meant in jest immediately based upon the pretty borders that no sane person would ever use for their disseration. Add to that the length (7 pages) and the author's title, it's a pretty sure thing. Once I got to page 5, I was laughing.

Giles said there was another Hellmouth in Cleveland, but I had no idea about Pittsburgh!

:wink: