"She did it to get a reaction..."

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
TheAntiSlut

No

Post by TheAntiSlut » Feb 14th 2003, 9:56 pm

I think she just did because she was pressured by RayAnne. That's just something Angela would do. I always thought the character was not one who could think for herself. She was more of a follower without realizing it.

Post by Guest » Feb 20th 2003, 3:02 pm

I totally and completely disagree with you. Angela is not the type to do something because someone makes her at all. Time after time she is strong and does what she feels is right. She does not drink and party like Rayanne. Nor does she have sex like Rayanne and Sharon and every other "normal" person no matter how much Jordan pressures her and no matter how much she likes him and wants to be with him. She also is not afraid to stand up to her parents, i.e. So-Called Angels when she goes back to the warehouse, Other Peoples Daughters when she goes to Rayanne's, etc. She also does what she feels is right in the Substitute knowing full well she is going to get suspended. I'm sorry, but I don't think you could be more wrong. Angela Chase is not someone who is a follower.

tigerlilly711
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tigerlilly711 » Apr 19th 2003, 2:52 am

I think Rayanne influences her to do alot of things, kind of like peer pressure but I think Angela always anaylized them before making a decision and she usually makes the right one. Everyone gets advice for their friends
This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do

Twizm

Post by Twizm » Mar 31st 2004, 1:19 am

Anonymous wrote:I only disagree with one thing in this tread. It was said that Angela only changed her hair and her backpack but not the style of her clothing. I completely disagree. Check out the first couple of outfits she has on in the pilot ... completely different. White tights, light kind of pastel colors, much more like Sharon. I saw a drastic change myself.
Thanks you! I know this thread is old, but while reading some of the initial posts people only talked about her hair and backpack changing, and before I got to this post, I thought to myself, Angela also changed her clothes, she wore clothes that were similar to Sharon in the first few scenes of the pilot, white tights, a blue sweater, mary-janes, etc., and then as the show goes on her clothes become more and more like the "grunge" look.