Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Re: angel

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Apr 1st 2003, 6:47 pm

candygirl wrote: I taped it so I could watch it tonight, but I did watch the last ten minutes or so. One thing I'm curious about - Willow was so reluctant to use magic in Sunnydale, but in this episode she breezed right in and started magicking away, knowing that she would be doing major stuff (not just twirling pencils). Did she come to some kind of resolution about how to balance her power without losing control or was this totally out of character?
my take on the whole willow and magic thing is that she's comfortable doing small stuff, and stuff that she's done before....she did say that the gypsy curse was "the first spell she ever learned". granted she had to battle the beast's master aka cordelia, but she didn't know about that before she was called did she?

i'm guessing she's more afraid of losing control of her power when she's battling the first with the big mojo magic.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Apr 3rd 2003, 10:18 am

Okay...

Show of hands who is completely frustrated by Conner?

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 3rd 2003, 2:32 pm

Ooh, ooh, pick me teacher, pick me!

I understand that he is young and impressionable (which explains why he is so easily manipulated by Cordelia's ridiculous lies) AND he is excited about becoming a father (and I won't even go into how icky and Oedipal the whole thing is), BUT sheesh make a decision already!

First he believed Cordelia, then he told her she was wrong to tell him to kill Angel. Shouldn't that be a big tip-off? Then he brings her an innocent to slaughter for their baby? I mean, how could he even consider letting her murder someone? Then he has second thoughts and lets Darla talk him into being a good guy, only to let Cordelia convince him otherwise again. And THEN he looks all guilty and panic stricken as he looks down at the dead body?

And all of this is completely unrelated to his previous "I want to kill Angel" business and his endless whining. At least on Buffy, they shut Dawn up and had Spike hit her with a cot. She has been much more tolerable this season - none of that "get out get out get out" crap. Conner, on the other hand, is still bugging me.

Anyone else wondering how Jasmine could be the child of Cordy and Conner? I mean she looks nothing like them! :D

I want to see more Gunn & Gwen! I liked seeing them work together (even though she was deceptive and manipulative).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 6th 2003, 6:11 pm

Yes, kill Connor already. At least kill that punk actor that plays Connor and replace him with somebody else. Who the hell is that little s**t related to in Hollywood anyway. :evil: I can't/never could stand him. :evil:
Now the big question???? Did Cordy croak when sista-girl popped outta her? Is that character outta the picture? Is Charisma C. gone now?
I agree with Candygirl. Bring back Gwen.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 6th 2003, 6:37 pm

I got the impression that Cordy was released from the Big Bad's control, though that may not make much difference now if everyone (but Fred) worships Jasmine as their lord and master...
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 6th 2003, 6:55 pm

SPOILERS

Cordy isn't dead, but she will be "missing" in the next few episodes. Once Angel et al. manage to shake Jasmine's mind control, they (especially Conner) will start badgering her about Cordy's existence/location. I believe that this was done to accomodate Charisma Carpenter - she just had her baby a few weeks ago.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 7th 2003, 10:08 am

candygirl wrote:*

SPOILERS

Cordy isn't dead, but she will be "missing" in the next few episodes. Once Angel et al. manage to shake Jasmine's mind control, they (especially Conner) will start badgering her about Cordy's existence/location. I believe that this was done to accomodate Charisma Carpenter - she just had her baby a few weeks ago.
Best wishes to her and her newborn.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 8th 2003, 11:01 pm

USA Today has a poll regarding which bubble shows you think should be renewed or cancelled. You can vote here

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

thanks

Post by lance » Apr 9th 2003, 12:30 pm

candygirl wrote:USA Today has a poll regarding which bubble shows you think should be renewed or cancelled. You can vote here
Candygirl,

Thanks for keeping on top of things for us.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 11th 2003, 2:35 am

I thought I had posted about Wanda's E! online annual Save One Show poll (she lets people vote for shows that are on the bubble and then she pleads with the network execs to renew whichever show gets the most votes - although how much weight her pleas carry is up for debate), but I went back and read through this thread and...I didn't! :oops:

The results:
Angel = 56 percent
Ed = 19 percent
Boomtown = 7 percent
Miracles = 4 percent (but I daresay, a very impassioned 4 percent)
Fastlane = 4 percent
American Dreams = 4 percent
John Doe = 2 percent
Veritas = 2 percent
Good Morning, Miami = 2 percent

Out of respect for the rest of the contenders (who received a total of 4 percent--ouch!), we'll end the list here.
You can still take part in the postcard campaign - info is available at http://www.renewangel.com

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 11th 2003, 9:59 am

Ed is on the bubble? This is a great show. I don't think the move from Wednesday to Friday is a good sign. Usually a move to Friday night means a show's time is nigh. It would be a shame if it was cancelled though.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 11th 2003, 3:30 pm

Yup, I agree that (1) Ed is a great show and (2) Friday night is the kiss of death.

Be sure to watch the season finale tonight - it may end up being the series finale!

:(

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 13th 2003, 2:01 pm

Thanks for the info. Candygirl. I didn't know Ed was on the bubble. While I didn't know Fri. night was the kiss of death, I was under the impression that when a show's timeslot keeps changing something isn't good. American Dreams is on the bubble too??? I love that show. I hope they don't can it. I am glad to see Angel came out on top in this poll. They can't cancel this show!!!!! Although did you all see last weeks ep??? IMHO that was the worst ep in the shows history. I taped it and was about ready to just FF to the end. BORING! I just thought it was really bad.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 13th 2003, 6:25 pm

I agree - last week's Angel episode sucked, especially compared to how great it's been most of this season. While I understand that they are going somewhere with this Jasmine thing, I didn't think what little exposition came out of the episode really required 40 minutes. With few exceptions, this has been an excellent overall season so I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed in one or two crap episodes - that's a better track record than a lot of other shows that I won't name :wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Apr 15th 2003, 12:42 pm

Hmmm,

The preview for tommorrow night's show looked interesting. Connor possibly dead?

If true I don't know that I will miss seeing his character around.

Best,

Lance Man