Crimson Glow

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
LoLucky
Frozen Embryo

Crimson Glow

Post by LoLucky » Feb 3rd 2003, 7:40 pm

Hiya All
I'm not really sure this is the place to ask this but i'm asking here because i might want to purchase something what i am Looking for is if the Hair Dye Angela used "Crimson Glow" is a Real Hair Dye color if so where could i buy some for a friend of mine she watched the show when she was younger and now has the DVD set and we was watching it she mentioned that she would loe to have the same hair color as Angela so ever since then i have been looking at local stores for that color but i can't seem to find it so if someone could please let me know if it is hopeless to keep searching for this color or if it isn't please let me know

Thanks
LoLucky

P.S. If you send me an E-Mail Please Put My So Called Life or Crimson Glow in the Subject So my Filters won't put it in my trash

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 3rd 2003, 7:51 pm

Manic Panic used to make a color called Crimson Glow, but it has been discontinued for a few years. Sorry!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 4th 2003, 2:26 am

Manic Panic still should have a decent selection of reds that will do the job. If not them try Punky Colors (i think thats the name). There are a few other newer brands but i dont know them.

Manic Panic was and probably still is the best.

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

crimson glow

Post by guitarchick » Apr 4th 2003, 5:13 pm

Hey,

This might be a little late for a response since a few months have gone by.. but I had wanted "Angela hair" for a few years now and only finally decided to attempt it about 6 weeks ago... Here's what I did:
First I used L'Oreal Excellence perminant color... I believe the shade was E66. It was just about right.. not quite as bright.. but if you leave it in an extra 5 minutes, it turns out pretty intense... however it faded to auburn after about 2 weeks... I wanted to re-dye it but was told that that would kill my hair... so yesturday I picked up Manic Panic's "Infra Red".. which is semi-perminant (no harsh chemicals... basically it just sits on top of your hair till you wash it a few times)... anyways, it seems to have done the trick! however, I hear it fades FAST... I think they have a "colorizing" shampoo you can buy which supposibly puts the color back in your hair... I'm going to look into that... I'd suggest dying hair with perminant red dye or bleaching it before using the manic panic though just cause it might not do much otherwise...

Anyways, I hope that was somewhat helpful...

Emilie

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 4th 2003, 6:32 pm

Manic Panic does fade very quickly, you have a vibrant hair life for about 2 weeks (varies depending how often you wash your hair and with what). But you can just reapply and reapply and reapply without doing any damage.

Your hair can take a lot more abuse than most people let on. I was dying my hair continuously from the time I was 13 till about 2 or 3 years ago, so we are talking a good decade. I would bleach my hair almost pure white and then dye my hair with either manic panic or punky colors, there were times I bleached my hair 2 times in one day or two days in a row. If you take care of hair in other ways you wont have a problem.

You need to bleach your hair down as light as you can for best results with Manic Panic (or any semi-permanent). Especially is you do not have blonde-ish hair.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2003, 6:32 pm

fnordboy wrote:Manic Panic still should have a decent selection of reds that will do the job. If not them try Punky Colors (i think thats the name). There are a few other newer brands but i dont know them.

Manic Panic was and probably still is the best.
This week's fashion tip brought to you by fnordboy :wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2003, 6:36 pm

Wow, very detailed answer guitarchick! Most people give pretty vague generic answers about the hair color question (this isn't the first time it's come up) - thanks for letting us know which colors worked well.

:D

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

crimson glow

Post by guitarchick » Apr 4th 2003, 7:32 pm

No problem! it's just something I've been thinking about a lot recently so I thought I'd share my knowledge and what not.. :-)

Emilie