M A D O N N A

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
Niko
Frozen Embryo

M A D O N N A

Post by Niko » Apr 3rd 2003, 1:23 am

Madonna is like my Goddess! I've been a fan of hers for about 5 yrs now and she is amazing. She has a new album coming out April 22nd. I've heard from very secret resources that this album will be another masterpiece!! I can't wait!!

Anyone else Madonna fans??

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 3rd 2003, 3:02 am

I am a Madonna fan too - I have loved Madonna since I first heard "Borderline" when I was just a wee one. To be honest, Ray of Light was the last album that I really loved. Music just didn't really do it for me, nor did her soundtrack contributions (American Pie remake, Beautiful Stranger, etc). I heard her new song recently and it is so trite that I can't even find the words to describe how much I don't like it.

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to attend a Madonna concert. At that time, concert tickets were not obscenely priced, all the t-shirts had the same picture on them and the choices were white or black and came in M, L, and XL. Most kids I knew didn't attend their first concert until circa NKOTB, Debbie Gibson, etc. and even then they went with their parents. Madonna's risque act did not exactly entice my parents or my friends' parents to allow us to attend her concerts, so from middle school on my friends and I talked about how ONE DAY we would attend a Madonna concert. One of my friends ended up going to the London concert in 2001 with his boyfriend - lucky bastard!

My boyfriend and I tried in vain to get tickets but the concerts all sold out (despite the fact that we were calling Ticketmaster AND on the website the morning that the tickets went on sale). Even though the tickets were ridiculously overpriced, we figured that it would probably be Madonna's last concert so it would be worth it. We were not expecting to pay over $200 each though! A few days before the concert, my boyfriend told me that they had released some more tickets and he was able to buy us seats on the floor in the 20th row - woo hoo! Luckily I had already seen the setlist so I knew that most of the concert focused on her newer work. I think I would have been really disappointed if I hadn't know that ahead of time. The show was great and I can now cross "Madonna concert" off of a long list of Things to Do Before I Die.

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

madonna

Post by lance » Apr 3rd 2003, 10:01 am

Madonna,

Yup I remember seeing the video "Like a Virgin" way back when.

Interesting thing on "Borderline" I remember the song distinctly because that was the song on the radio at the Akido studio I was praticing at. I do remember her singing as I was "thumped" repeatedly to the ground by the instructor :D

I am not taking Aikido anymore (although I did move on for two years of Jeet Kun Do) but I still like Madonna.

Best,

Lance Man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 3rd 2003, 10:07 am

Take a look at my avatar and tell me if I love Madonna. :wink: That is a screen shot from the Open Your Heart video.

My dream ever since I can remember was to go to a Madonna concert, as well. But being the procrastinator that I was, I never got around to buying tickets to her last tour in 2001. I convinced my husband to take me into DC and walk around the MCI Center and try to get tickets. Some wanted outrageous amounts, obviously. But we kept walking around until we got to this man. He ended up getting us in! And while we were not on the floor, I couldn't complain. I couldn't believe I was in the same room as Madonna. It was a truly amazing night. And we only had to pay $160 total. And the best part was that she delayed going onstage for an hour, so we only missed one or two songs.

I love love love Madonna. I didn't really like Ray of Light, but I did like most of her Music album. I haven't heard her new stuff yet. Have you seen her lately? She went back to dark hair. I love her in that color hair.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 23rd 2003, 6:44 am

Anyone bought American Life yet? What do you think?

Mr. S purchased it and we listened to it in the car on our hols this weekend - I thought it was like Music, only more dull. There are a couple of good songs but I think the rest are a little disappointing...

Maybe it's something that will grow on me the more I listen, but I don't know...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

eugeisia
Tino

Post by eugeisia » May 20th 2003, 1:02 am

i am not a madonna fan. i did think she was cool but i recently read how she was getting all this praise because on her last album she sang a song with no effects what so ever and how it was supposed to be monumental and ground breaking. Lame.... she also released faulty mp3's for people to download, instead of being the song itself it was her voice recorded (probably with effects) saying "What the F*#@ are you doing?" And well to me that is just not cool.. but its her own thing. i just dont like artists that care about what they sell opposed to what they make.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 20th 2003, 2:00 am

eugeisia wrote:she also released faulty mp3's for people to download, instead of being the song itself it was her voice recorded (probably with effects) saying "What the F*#@ are you doing?"
Heh, I thought that was funny!

:jumplaugh:

I don't take artists too seriously when they say that they don't want people downloading their music for free since the artists get so many freebies as a result of their celebrity, BUT I do understand when artists don't want their albums leaked before the release date.

(there is a thread about illegal downloading here)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

Post by DVDOwner » May 24th 2003, 2:52 am

eugeisia wrote:... she also released faulty mp3's for people to download, instead of being the song itself it was her voice recorded (probably with effects) saying "What the F*#@ are you doing?"
I downloaded this track a couple of times while trying to get all the tracks from "American Life"! (I did get them all downloaded!) She says "What the $#&@ do you think you're doing?" with no effects! The tracks were various lengths, she said the QUOTE at the begining of each one & the rest of the track was blank! I thought it was pretty funny! I kept the shortest one I downloaded 1:35! I also downloaded the Japanese Only Bonus Track "Trick"! (Don't worry- I also went to the store & bought a real copy of the CD) Unfortunetly the version of the song "American Life" was not the same as the Video or the version I downloaeded! This is definatly a case where the CENSERED version is better than the UNCUT one!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 24th 2003, 3:20 am

eugeisia wrote:"What the F*#@ are you doing?" And well to me that is just not cool..
Whats funny, is the people downloading her album first are her die-hard fans. Casual listeners aren't going to download something they haven't heard one song off of yet. So now all her true fans get her swearing at them. Way to piss off your listeners. She needs to quit whining and realize that the record industry is rippiner her off way more than these people downloading her songs.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 24th 2003, 4:33 am

andrewgd wrote:
eugeisia wrote:"What the F*#@ are you doing?" And well to me that is just not cool..
Whats funny, is the people downloading her album first are her die-hard fans. Casual listeners aren't going to download something they haven't heard one song off of yet. So now all her true fans get her swearing at them. Way to piss off your listeners. She needs to quit whining and realize that the record industry is rippiner her off way more than these people downloading her songs.
Eh, I don't think it has anything to do with her feeling ripped off. Maybe she is a bit hurt about her album getting leaked early, but it happens to the best of them.

I think she went about this particular way for the same reason she does everything else. It gets her in the "news". She has always been a publicity whore and she is brilliant at it. People were talking about this album a lot more before it came out than they are now. I don't blame her, nor do I hold it against her, she is running her business like she should. And it is obviously working for her and has for the last 2 decades.

FuzzyFreaky
Nicky Driscoll

Post by FuzzyFreaky » Jun 18th 2003, 2:37 am

Madonna doing that was one of the funniest things I've heard of ever. What's funnier is that a bunch of musicians remixed the track and hosted a competition for the best remix. Ohhh... Madonna when will you learn you can't stop P2P users.
I'm wicked and I'm lazy....
Don't you wanna save me?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 29th 2003, 5:14 pm

StvnPtrckMoz wrote:What's funnier is that a bunch of musicians remixed the track and hosted a competition for the best remix.
Do you know where that can be found, or what it was called? Sounds hilarious!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Feb 4th 2004, 3:53 pm

i love Madonna too! Have been a fan since the second grade, which was around Like A Virgin. I too dreamed of going to one of her concerts one day.... Wish I was old enough to go for Blonde Ambition or Girlie Show....

however, I did manage to drive all the way from Vancouver,Canada down to San Francisco to witness the Drowned World Tour which was probably the highlight of my life!
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy