hmm...angela's wardrobe

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

hmm...angela's wardrobe

Post by Guest » Dec 18th 2002, 8:39 pm

let's discuss angela's clothes, and how much i love them! :D

a few of your favoirte outfits?

mine would have to be the wonderful butterfly dress seen in 'so-called angels' (which i just watched), and that cool plaid shirt she wears over it. haha ok, so i'm obsesed..but i wish i could find out where they got all of the clothes for her because they're fabulous. i also like 'life of brian' and when she's asking brian to take ehr to the dance w/ that other dress and the blue/yellow plaid skirt under and the cool necklace..hell, all of the clothes she wears are great.

what do u think...besides thinking that i'm a complete psycho? lol.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 19th 2002, 12:01 pm

My favorite is the crushed red velvet dress she wears at the WHD and at the end of The Zit. Some of her other clothes just look odd to me. Like the plaid boxer chorts and tights. I also LOVE the Halloween costume she wears. :oops:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 19th 2002, 4:10 pm

I, too, love the red dress.

I admit that I wore plaid shorts with leggings (not tights) underneath, but to dance practice, not just around school!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

tigerlilly711
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tigerlilly711 » Mar 30th 2003, 8:59 pm

I love the Red velvet Baby Doll dress she wears to the dance and the plaid one...all her clothes are so authentic to the mid 90's. One if the things I loved about the show is how the characters all wore the same outfits on more than one occasion. I also liked that Angela almost never tried to dress to impress Jordan and it had nothing to do with that. She just went one wearing her plaid shirts and overalls. The clothes are great!
This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 30th 2003, 9:18 pm

I love the red dress Angela wears to the World Happiness Dance also. It looks great. She wears a lot of plaid, too. I'm not much of a fashion person though. But I think what Angela wears fits her personality. Of course, I think she'd look great wearing just jeans and a white t-shirt. I haven't really paid too much attention to what the the characters wear on the show. Now, I have another reason to watch the episodes again -- I have to notice what they are wearing. Yes, I'm watching the series for the umpteenth time for fashion research.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Mar 31st 2003, 1:46 am

before she changed into her halloween costume, i loved the orange and black dress she initially wore to school just cuz i thought it looked so great with her hair! ;)

and i think it was at the beginning of "strangers in the house" when they're taking that test and sharon gets called out of the room to talk to graham outside... i think this is the scene where she's wearing this kind of light purple dress (over tights, i'm sure, and under a jacket of some kind, but i just remember loving that light purple dress. :) )

oh, and for some reason i totally loved her outfit of the overalls, black shirt and sneakers that she wore when she went to the doctor in "pressure." she kinda looked like a little kid (i guess that was probably part of the point of her wearing it in that specific episode), but i just thought she looked so adorable in it. :)
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

Heather311

Post by Heather311 » Mar 31st 2003, 4:22 pm

I LOVED the red dress from the dance. And also the outfit she was wearing when Jordan was supposed to stop by and meet her parents.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Mar 31st 2003, 7:11 pm

The best part of the grunge scene was the flanel, or plaid, or however you want to refer to it. My favorite thing from that period was the flanel shirt with the built in sweatshirt hood. Those were pure genius. My new mission is try and spot one in one of the episodes. Also, I know this is a bit off topic, but Jordon's Jacket kicks arse.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Apr 1st 2003, 1:57 am

also a little OT, but in response to nothingman. i totally totally agree. as much as i loved a lot of angela's outfits, my single favorite article of clothing throughout the entire series has to be jordan's brown jacket with the fleece lining. :D

p.s. nothingman- LOVE your sig. "high fidelity" is one of my all-time favorite movies. i loved the book too. nick hornby's movies seem to translate incredibly well to the screen.
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 1st 2003, 10:44 am

The one thing that I did notice is that all of the characters wear layers of clothing. They wear two shirts and a jacket, etc. I've lived in Florida almost all of my life. We usually don't wear layers of clothes. It's too hot. So, how they dress seems indicative of a colder climate. This is a nice realistic touch.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 1st 2003, 1:55 pm

I went to high school in southern California and we dressed in layers too - first of all because when you're picking out an outfit at 6:30am, it's hard to tell which way the weather will go. Secondly, the temperature inside the classrooms was sometimes completely different from the weather outside (and we did not have a traditional indoor high school like Angela's so we spent all of our time between classes outside). Lastly, we were close enough to the beach that the marine layer made it cold in the morning and hot by lunchtime. Layers were imperative to make it comfortably through the day!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 1st 2003, 2:31 pm

I went to a high school in Florida that did not have AC. Maybe that's why we didn't layer clothes. It was almost always hot.
TomSpeed

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 1st 2003, 2:41 pm

I went to school in Montana, so we wore lots of layers all year long. But the grunge scene was all about layers of comfy casual clothes. Consider its origin of Seattle, drab rainy days = layers of drab clothing. At least for me a flannel shirt just feels good, I still have one of my favorites from that era and I were it every now and then when I’m feeling nostalgic or it’s a rainy day. It still feels comfortable and reassuring (like the shirt is my only friend or something). I remember everyone wearing two or three layers of clothes, then a flannel shirt over the top. And you could wear the same one several days in a row. It wasn’t like a t-shirt you had to change everyday, and it wasn’t a coat that you only had one of. Flannel shirts fell somewhere in between, they came with their own set of rules.

Thanks to nkatsa for recognizing the High Fidelity reference (great flick). In honor of Rob, I’m doing my Top five articles of clothing.

1. Number one, with a bullet, Jordon’s Jacket (enough said)
2. Angela’s red velvet dress (as seen in “The Zit” with her hair braided)
3. Rickie’s vest with the blue jacket from the WHD (few people could pull that off)
4. Brian’s blue shirt with an 8 on the front (The shirt just screams “Brian”)
5. Corey’s custom Chuck Taylor’s (If you can’t find clothes to fit your style, make your own.)
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts