The Breakfast Club

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

The Breakfast Club

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 28th 2003, 6:05 pm

starbug wrote: 'Without lamps, there'd be no light.'
Have you seen some of the guys who take shop?

I take shop.

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 28th 2003, 10:24 pm

candygirl wrote:
starbug wrote: 'Without lamps, there'd be no light.'
Have you seen some of the guys who take shop?

I take shop.

:lol:
:rofl:

Took me a second to place that quote.

I love The Breakfast Club!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 29th 2003, 6:44 pm

Did you know without trigenometry there'd be no calculus?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 29th 2003, 7:14 pm

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his closet every morning?

:D

Speaking of the Breakfast Club, it is being re-released on DVD on April 1st, but no commentaries - just "production notes" (whatever that means!).

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 29th 2003, 11:04 pm

I love The Breakfast Club. It's been years since I've seen it though. Let's see if I can quote any lines.

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Ugh. I can't wait until the DVD comes out. I might have to obtain it.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 30th 2003, 7:04 am

"Here's my impression of life at big Bri's house: Hey son, how was your day pal? Great Dad! How'd you like to go...fishing this weekend? Great Dad, but I've got homework to do. That's all right, you can do it...on the boat! Gee.... Isn't our son swell dear? Isn't life swell? Ohh, ohh, kkrrrsh"

Or something like that.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 30th 2003, 7:45 am

TomSpeed wrote:Ugh. I can't wait until the DVD comes out. I might have to obtain it.
Me too :-). It will be released on April 1st (no joke), but it has very few extras :-(
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/078322687X wrote: DVD Features:
* Production notes
* Widescreen letterbox format
The "St. Elmo's Fire" DVD has a Making Of and a commentary track and more. Why couldn't they do the same for "Pretty In Pink" and "Breakfast Club"? :-(

*sigh*

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 30th 2003, 12:08 pm

sab wrote:
TomSpeed wrote:Ugh. I can't wait until the DVD comes out. I might have to obtain it.
Me too :-). It will be released on April 1st (no joke), but it has very few extras :-(
* Production notes
The "St. Elmo's Fire" DVD has a Making Of and a commentary track and more. Why couldn't they do the same for "Pretty In Pink" and "Breakfast Club"? :-(

*sigh*
Sweet! I love St. Elmos Fire. It is my favorite of the Brat Pack. Pretty in Pink was on TV last night, and I am watching The Breakfast Club on TBS right now. I can't wait to get the DVDs.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 30th 2003, 6:59 pm

I liked St. Elmo's Fire as a kid, but now I appreciate it SO much more because I understand that whole post-college what am I doing this isn't my life kind of thing.

Pretty in Pink is probably my least favorite Brat Pack movie of the ones that I like (if that makes any sense). I think it's mostly because I wanted her to end up with Duckie. I know, I know, that was the original ending and they changed it because the screening audiences wanted her with Blaine, but meh.

Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and Breakfast Club are probably my all time favorites. April 1 - I'll be at Cost Co buying some DVDs!

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 30th 2003, 9:36 pm

All of those movies really spoke to me. I guess I always will be a child of '80s. It's not as cool as being a child of the 60s, but you gotta work with what you've got. John Hughes really had his finger on the pulse of that generation. Too bad that I can't remember his last movie. He really fell off of the map in the 90s.

I can list my favorite 80s teen movies:

The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Say Anything
Better Off Dead
Some Kind of Wonderful
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Pretty in Pink.

Ahh, the classics. I had the biggest crush on Molly Ringwald. I would have married her in a second. I still have a Sixteen Candles movie poster hanging in my bedroom. It is a nice conterwieght to my Pulp Fiction poster.

OK, if I don't get this line isn't perfectly remembered, please forgive me -- I have long refused to watch The Breakfast Club in its edited TV form:

Why are you here? (Judd Nelson, I think, to Ally Sheedy)

No reason. I had nothing better to do.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Mar 31st 2003, 12:02 am

sab wrote:
* Production notes

*sigh*
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mental » Mar 31st 2003, 1:36 am

sab wrote: Me too :-). It will be released on April 1st (no joke), but it has very few extras :-(
Uhh, is this a blast from the past glitch or something? The breakfast club DVD has been out for a long time. Heck, I've even seen it at Best Buy.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 31st 2003, 4:07 am

Nope, it's true - the Breakfast Club is being re-released on DVD. I believe it was originally released in 1998 without any bonus material. The new version has "production notes" but I have no idea what that really means. We'll find out on Tuesday!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Mar 31st 2003, 5:30 am

candygirl wrote:Nope, it's true - the Breakfast Club is being re-released on DVD. I believe it was originally released in 1998 without any bonus material. The new version has "production notes" but I have no idea what that really means. We'll find out on Tuesday!

Thank god for that! My VHS copy is ropey to say the least... I shall be ordering it asap.

Erm...

'The door is waaaay too heavy, sir'.

'Impossible, sir, it's in Johnson's underwear.'

'Two hits; me hitting you, you hitting the floor.'

and my personal favourite:

'Speak for yourself.'
'Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language.'

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mental » Mar 31st 2003, 11:29 am

candygirl wrote:Nope, it's true - the Breakfast Club is being re-released on DVD. I believe it was originally released in 1998 without any bonus material. The new version has "production notes" but I have no idea what that really means. We'll find out on Tuesday!

In the other DVDs that I have, production notes are basically just short movie bios of the actors/directors. So, it'll have a list of some major movies that Judd Nelson et al. have been in....that's about it. No video, just a still "page" with this info on the screen.