Fashion Photography - Offensive or Creative?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 9th 2003, 7:52 pm

GaryEA wrote:The Candies ad. Here's another example of a shoe ad with out the shoes. Honestly, they could have cropped the photo at her knees because the picture is not about her boots, it's her. Strike that, it's about the sexual nature of the moment depicted, and I'm pretty sure she's not sitting on his monitor because she's wearing Candies.
That was for shoes? I assumed it was selling perfume!

:lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Ads

Post by lance » Mar 9th 2003, 10:28 pm

Hey all,

The ads posted by h.c.l. struck me as being mostly weird. Do any of you feel like you have been over marketed to? That's what gets me about most magazines, the amount of ads. Exactly how many cars, perfume, cologne, cameras, computers, make up, etc. does one sane person need?

Best,

Lance Man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 12th 2003, 8:54 am

This is slightly OT, but when lance mentioned the magazine ad overkill, I did a search and found this article about the similar phenomenon of TV marketing.

Those ads are pretty bad, but do you remember this bright idea from a few years back?

:roll:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 12th 2003, 12:02 pm

Nostradamus wrote:This is slightly OT, but when lance mentioned the magazine ad overkill, I did a search and found this article about the similar phenomenon of TV marketing.

Those ads are pretty bad, but do you remember this bright idea from a few years back?

Oh man, i remember that :roll: .

I am all for it! How else will we see the billboards for Mom's Old Fashioned Robot Oil ;) :D :D

Seriously though it is insane, and like Gary pointed out how the ads in Minority Report called out your name and everything, that is coming one day. The sad part is that some of these commercials these days are a lot more interesting than about 85% of the content on TV (atleast on the networks).

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 12th 2003, 1:47 pm

Nostradamus wrote:This is slightly OT, but when lance mentioned the magazine ad overkill, I did a search and found this article about the similar phenomenon of TV marketing.

Nostradamus,

Great article, thank goodness for DVDs. Yes that was a terrible idea, I hope it never comes back.

Best,

Lance Man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 13th 2003, 12:52 am

fnordboy wrote:Oh man, i remember that :roll: .

I am all for it! How else will we see the billboards for Mom's Old Fashioned Robot Oil ;) :D :D
Or Bachelor Chew? But as long as I had a good, reliable suicide booth, I wouldn't mind... :P
Seriously though it is insane, and like Gary pointed out how the ads in Minority Report called out your name and everything, that is coming one day. The sad part is that some of these commercials these days are a lot more interesting than about 85% of the content on TV (atleast on the networks).
You mean you don't like Sorority Celebrity Factor Island?!

:wink:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain