Who is RED??

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Joanna
Angela's best friend

Who is RED??

Post by Joanna » Jan 16th 2002, 8:21 pm

OK, so who do you guys think Jordan is actually referring to in his song 'Red'?? Is it Angela or is it, as he says, his car?? He seems very sincere when he tells Rickie that it's his car and if he had written/sung a song for Angela then, him being the way he is, would he have ever sung it for her?? I have to say I think that even if he thinks that it's his car it is actually, deep down, about Angela - I think he's just keeping it loose!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Who is RED??

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 17th 2002, 12:31 am

Well, Joanna, "Whatever happens, happens." I like your take on it. It really does seem like on the surface the song is just about Jordan's car, but deep down in his heart, it is really about Angela. Then again, I am a hopeless (or more like hopeful) romantic, so I've always wanted Angela and Jordan to make those subconscious kind of connections.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Mar 19th 2002, 1:15 pm

Great question Joanna! I have wondered about that for a long time. I would love to think that the song is REALLY about Angela. But Jordan doesn't hesitate for a second when he tells Rickie..."yeah...my car"

The sappy romantic in me, though, wants to believe that he wrote it with her in mind but would NEVER admit this to anyone...maybe not even himself.

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 20th 2002, 4:16 am

I think all of us would like to think that it's about Angela (seems like we're all romantics!), especially since it's called "Red"

But then again, we have to keep in mind that what type of person Jordan is...he does so many things without really thinking. It's like he wasn't even thinking that Angela might make the connection of the song to her....just oblivious.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 20th 2002, 7:40 pm

Yeah! Trust a bloke to write a song about his CAR! Gggrrrrrrrrrrr

"And dance by the light of the moon!"