Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Angel

Post by lance » Mar 7th 2003, 1:39 pm

Sammi,

Yup Angel was great fun to watch. In my area Angel was pre-empted by University of Kentucky bastketball so it did not air until 11:00 pm. I just got to see it last night.

I loved seeing Faith again. I know she is committed to a show on Fox this fall but I would love to see her on her on series as Faith the Vampire slayer.

I have also got a kick out of seeing Angelus back. I loved the way he simply played the beast into fighting Faith while Angelus literally stabbed him in the back.

What do you all think about Cordellia? Did she come back wrong or possessed?

Rumour

Mek has informed me that there is a rumour going on that David B. who plays Angel is being courted for the role of Superman in possible upcoming movies and that this may play into whether we see season 5 of Angel.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Angel

Post by lance » Mar 7th 2003, 4:33 pm

lance wrote:Sammi,

Yup Angel was great fun to watch. In my area Angel was pre-empted by University of Kentucky bastketball so it did not air until 11:00 pm. I just got to see it last night.

I loved seeing Faith again. I know she is committed to a show on Fox this fall but I would love to see her on her on series as Faith the Vampire slayer.

I have also got a kick out of seeing Angelus back. I loved the way he simply played the beast into fighting Faith while Angelus literally stabbed him in the back.

What do you all think about Cordellia? Did she come back wrong or possessed?

Rumour

Mek has informed me that there is a rumour going on that David B. who plays Angel is being courted for the role of Superman in possible upcoming movies and that this may play into whether we see season 5 of Angel.

Best,

Lance Man
Wow,

I get to debunk me own rumour. I just heard from sister over at renewangel.com that David B. debunked this rumour on scifi.com. He apparently read for the part but things didn't work with his shooting schedule on Angel.

(Deep sigh of relief) For those of you Angel fans please go check out renewangel.com.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 7th 2003, 5:20 pm

Yes! we must have more Angel!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 13th 2003, 1:29 am

TNT has purchased the rights to the first four seasons of Angel and will begin airing episodes this fall.

Man, if I had a bunch of money and my own network, what reruns would I show? I was really annoyed when Bravo stopped showing Moonlighting a few months ago, and Fox Family went from hyping the fact that they had the new rights to the Wonder Years to showing two episodes a day. This sounds like a new thread topic to me!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 13th 2003, 4:18 pm

candygirl wrote:TNT has purchased the rights to the first four seasons of Angel and will begin airing episodes this fall.

Man, if I had a bunch of money and my own network, what reruns would I show? I was really annoyed when Bravo stopped showing Moonlighting a few months ago, and Fox Family went from hyping the fact that they had the new rights to the Wonder Years to showing two episodes a day. This sounds like a new thread topic to me!
Cool,

Yeah if I had my own network, the shows I would show.

:D

Happy thoughts.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 19th 2003, 3:27 am

New Angel episode this week!

SPOILERS

(although you must have tried REALLY hard if you don't already know this)

Willow appears (one guess what she's doing in LA), and Faith concludes her three episode run on Angel by returning to Sunnydale with Willow.

Next week - Gwen's back!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 19th 2003, 4:15 am

If Faith was sired by Angelus, does that clear the way for one of the Slayerettes' promotion?

(Yeah, I know, Faith probably gets saved from vampdom at the last minute, as always...)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 19th 2003, 1:44 pm

Technically, yes, because she would die. But you KNOW that isn't going to happen! Joss likes to surprise us, but not THAT much (especially since when this episode was filmed they were still in negotiations for the Faith spin-off).

:D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 20th 2003, 12:41 am

P.S. Did everyone else notice that Lorne is now in the regular cast credits? Woo hoo!

SPOILER (UN-LORNE RELATED)

The rumors are true - Angel will appear on the last two episodes of Buffy!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 20th 2003, 6:43 am

Did anyone else get the latest Angel episode pre-empted by war news?

:(
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Mar 20th 2003, 9:31 am

Hello all,

In my area Angel was not pre-empted by war news.

Candygirl Is Gwen electric girl? If so majorally cool.

Last night's episode simply rocked! Did anyone else get the impression that Willow is as powerful as evil-Cordy? Really cool the way Faith and Wesley managed to set up Angelus. No I did not notice that Lorne is now part of the regular credits, I love his character.

Wow. Can't wait until Angel Season Four hits DVD. This season has been spectacular.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: angel

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 20th 2003, 11:08 pm

lance wrote:Candygirl Is Gwen electric girl? If so majorally cool.
Yep, Gwen is the Electric Girl.

Some of the other channels pre-empted regular programming with war news, so I wasn't sure what they would do when Angel was supposed to begin. Then I completely forgot to turn on the tv until a quarter after!

:x

Oops. I taped it so I could watch it tonight, but I did watch the last ten minutes or so. One thing I'm curious about - Willow was so reluctant to use magic in Sunnydale, but in this episode she breezed right in and started magicking away, knowing that she would be doing major stuff (not just twirling pencils). Did she come to some kind of resolution about how to balance her power without losing control or was this totally out of character?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: angel

Post by lance » Mar 21st 2003, 11:08 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote:Candygirl Is Gwen electric girl? If so majorally cool.
Yep, Gwen is the Electric Girl.

Some of the other channels pre-empted regular programming with war news, so I wasn't sure what they would do when Angel was supposed to begin. Then I completely forgot to turn on the tv until a quarter after!

:x

Oops. I taped it so I could watch it tonight, but I did watch the last ten minutes or so. One thing I'm curious about - Willow was so reluctant to use magic in Sunnydale, but in this episode she breezed right in and started magicking away, knowing that she would be doing major stuff (not just twirling pencils). Did she come to some kind of resolution about how to balance her power without losing control or was this totally out of character?
Hmmm,

Good question, perhaps like sports teams Willow is more comfortable on the road as opposed to at home :D ? I like Gwen, I hope that Joss doesn't kill her off she would be a cool regular to have. Speaking of killing off characters, do you think any of the current characters might get knocked off by Evil- Cordy?

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 27th 2003, 1:33 pm

Anybody catch Angel last night? The noose is tightening around Cordy and her scheming. And what's with Gunn? He's cleaning up with the ladies lately. I am always amazed at the writing on this show. They just never run out of ideas.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 29th 2003, 9:38 pm

I agree that Angel has been really great this season - it's a shame that the WB has committed to new seasons of their other popular shows (Charmed, Smallville, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, and even Reba) but will not make a formal decision about Angel until May.
No reason was given to why the series was not picked up with the others, but if it's cancelled, the series will likely meet its end. According to sources, the contract Fox had with UPN was that the network would only be required to pick it up if The WB cancelled it within a two-year window that ends at the end of this season. However, with the loss of "Buffy" on Tuesday nights, UPN might still consider taking on "Angel" anyway. Zap2it is reporting that a possible reason why "Angel" is not being picked up is that the contract between Fox and The WB has expired, and needs to be renegotiated. Apparently, the network doesn't want to commit to the show before having a new contract with the television studio.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hate leaving decisions like that in the hands of network executives - we know how well that usually works out for fans! Anyone interested in the postcard campaign can get info at http://www.renewangel.com

I loved the conclusion of this week's episode. I'm glad that they finally figured out that Cordelia is not quite herself.

In other good news, the Angel S2 release date has been moved to August 19 - woo hoo!