Norah Jones -- Any Thoughts?

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 27th 2003, 6:12 am

lance wrote:
Starbug,

I absolutely love your avatar. Another Red Dwarf fan? Where did you get your image? Are going to get Red Dwarf on DVD?

Best,

Lance Man
Thanks! Yeah, my entire teenage years were taken up with being a Red Dwarf fan... I found the image on one of the lesser known fan sites but I can't recall which one (this is the only one I could find of less than 10KB and most of the really swish sites only have really swish images).

I've got the entirety of series 1-6 on VHS but they are really worn out so I'm thinking I might invest in some DVDs since it's another top class prog. I'm afraid it sort of fell out of favour with me after series 4, and I completely stopped watching after series 6... but I think I'll invest in DVDs of the earlier stuff as it is too good to confine to worn out VHS tapes.

I've got the audio cassettes (you had to send away for them) of the books, and actually, when I went back to my parents' house I found a bunch of back issues of the Red Dwarf Smegazine...

Yep, I was a pretty big fan :oops:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 27th 2003, 9:33 am

starbug wrote:
lance wrote:
Starbug,

I absolutely love your avatar. Another Red Dwarf fan? Where did you get your image? Are going to get Red Dwarf on DVD?

Best,

Lance Man
Thanks! Yeah, my entire teenage years were taken up with being a Red Dwarf fan... I found the image on one of the lesser known fan sites but I can't recall which one (this is the only one I could find of less than 10KB and most of the really swish sites only have really swish images).

I've got the entirety of series 1-6 on VHS but they are really worn out so I'm thinking I might invest in some DVDs since it's another top class prog. I'm afraid it sort of fell out of favour with me after series 4, and I completely stopped watching after series 6... but I think I'll invest in DVDs of the earlier stuff as it is too good to confine to worn out VHS tapes.

I've got the audio cassettes (you had to send away for them) of the books, and actually, when I went back to my parents' house I found a bunch of back issues of the Red Dwarf Smegazine...

Yep, I was a pretty big fan :oops:
Neat.

I didn't stumble across Red Dwarf until I started dating my wife. We were at her apartment one evening staying up late. About 11:30 on PBS this weird sort of science fiction show came on. I started watching it and just bust out laughing! I asked my then girlfriend what the show was called and she said, " Oh its Red Dwarf." I was like, " How long have you known about this and why didn't you tell me?" Since then I have been hooked.

The library where I work has copies of Red Dwarf that I check out from time to time. Great stuff.

Best,

Lance Man

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 28th 2003, 1:14 am

starbug wrote:Has anyone ever heard of Jamiroquai outside the UK? If so, I'd put him up for best male according to dTheater's criteria. Same song churned out many many times, critical acclaim, vast album sales etc. Why?
They had a huge hit in the US with Virtual Insanity (I think that was the name) with the video where he was sliding around a room on moving floors. And that was pretty much all we ever heard out of them. I actually liked that song -- had a nice Stevie Wonder vibe -- but if that's all they ever sound like, that's no good. Need a little variety.

How did Sheryl Crow suddenly become a sex symbol? And at age 40? At least that's what she looks like to me. I guess it is true, that all you need to do is show that forbidden belly button and people drop at your feet like flies.

But she stole her first album and two of the guys she stole it from are now dead. Not a coincidence.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)