Hey, Lance!!

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Megs
Lifehead

Hey, Lance!!

Post by Megs » Feb 24th 2003, 5:58 pm

I didn't know if this should go here, or Your So-Called Life, so feel free to move as necessary.

Lance,

I thought I would scare you and tell you a little bit about a dream I had the another night. In my dream, I had a baby (I have no children), and guess what his name was????

LANCE. :shock:

Yeah. I visit this board too much. Scared? Amused? A little of both?

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Hey, Lance!!

Post by lance » Feb 25th 2003, 9:32 am

Megs wrote:I didn't know if this should go here, or Your So-Called Life, so feel free to move as necessary.

Lance,

I thought I would scare you and tell you a little bit about a dream I had the another night. In my dream, I had a baby (I have no children), and guess what his name was????

LANCE. :shock:

Yeah. I visit this board too much. Scared? Amused? A little of both?

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL!

Flattered, amused, a little creeped out (but not much). You know you have come a long way when people you haven't met in person start dreaming about you :D , or at least naming their potential children after you.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 25th 2003, 10:33 am

The amusing thing is that I think if I had a dream about anybody on this forum, I'd dream that they looked like their Avatar...
Candygirl looks like Spike,
Lance just stepped out of Southpark,
Megs is Madonna
etc

That's the picture I have of you all...
does that mean people think of me as a box of Cheerios?

Hmmmm.
:oops:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 25th 2003, 11:00 am

I never actually saw my baby in my dream, so who knows if he would have looked like Lance's avatar!

And I know it had to come from here, as I know no other Lance in Real Life.

And Starbug, I don't think of you as a box of Cheerios... I think of you as a Star-bug! :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 25th 2003, 1:42 pm

I definitely associate our avatars with us. That's usually the first thing I see when I check for new posts. Now, the avatar that makes me want to read his or her post first is.........
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

us

Post by lance » Feb 25th 2003, 3:06 pm

TomSpeed wrote:I definitely associate our avatars with us. That's usually the first thing I see when I check for new posts. Now, the avatar that makes me want to read his or her post first is.........
This is an interesting point.

I don't know...I think I just think of Candygirl as Candygirl and TomSpeed as TomSpeed. When I see Spike on TV I don't think: Candygirl.

Now if I see something that someone is interested: Babylon 5, I think Mglenn, Buffy, I think Candygirl, Angel, I think K-Man, well you get the idea.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

dreams

Post by lance » Feb 25th 2003, 3:09 pm

Oh,

To date I have not had any dreams about people at the forum, if I do I will let you know.

(Lance's Nightmare: Ahhhh! Gary is beating me by a 1,000 posts. Nooooooo! :wink: )

Best,

Lance Man

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Re: us

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 25th 2003, 4:48 pm

lance wrote:
TomSpeed wrote:I definitely associate our avatars with us. That's usually the first thing I see when I check for new posts. Now, the avatar that makes me want to read his or her post first is.........

I don't know...I think I just think of Candygirl as Candygirl and TomSpeed as TomSpeed. When I see Spike on TV I don't think: Candygirl.

Now if I see something that someone is interested: Babylon 5, I think Mglenn, Buffy, I think Candygirl, Angel, I think K-Man, well you get the idea.

Best,

Lance Man
You will think of me next time you play Monopoly and see the Racecar. You'll think, this token reminds me of someone. 'Course, now that I've planted the suggestion in your head, you will probably do it for sure.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: us

Post by lance » Feb 25th 2003, 10:03 pm

TomSpeed wrote:
lance wrote:

Best,

Lance Man
You will think of me next time you play Monopoly and see the Racecar. You'll think, this token reminds me of someone. 'Course, now that I've planted the suggestion in your head, you will probably do it for sure.
Ahhh!

Dang it now I can never look at monopoly the same way again :wink:

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 26th 2003, 10:07 am

All I know is that I would be very freaked out by a lifesize talking Cheerios box! :shock:

Anytime your food starts talking to you, you just have to wonder!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 26th 2003, 10:45 am

hehehe :D

Yeah, me too.

I really like the avatars on this board in general... have to say though, has anyone re-read the 'avatar backstories' thread: lots of people have changed theirs since that thread was written and it makes for amusing reading now...
for example, pgh kenny 'that's me to the left'... then there's a blank space.

I'm pondering the idea of trying to change mine to reflect my name, following what Megs said... hopefully I can find a picture of the Starbug in one of the avatar galleries.

Still haven't had a dream about anyone on this forum :)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 26th 2003, 11:16 am

starbug wrote:hehehe :D

Yeah, me too.

I really like the avatars on this board in general... have to say though, has anyone re-read the 'avatar backstories' thread: lots of people have changed theirs since that thread was written and it makes for amusing reading now...
for example, pgh kenny 'that's me to the left'... then there's a blank space.

I'm pondering the idea of trying to change mine to reflect my name, following what Megs said... hopefully I can find a picture of the Starbug in one of the avatar galleries.

Still haven't had a dream about anyone on this forum :)
Maybe a VW bug for your avatar?

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 26th 2003, 11:26 am

You know, I changed it, and I prefer the new one...

Here is the one and only Starbug! (the spacecraft carrying the characters from the TV series Red Dwarf).

I like your idea of a VW bug though Lance :) . I may see if I can find an image, but for now, I'll go with the one I found for my namesake...

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 26th 2003, 11:37 am

starbug wrote:You know, I changed it, and I prefer the new one...

Here is the one and only Starbug! (the spacecraft carrying the characters from the TV series Red Dwarf).

I like your idea of a VW bug though Lance :) . I may see if I can find an image, but for now, I'll go with the one I found for my namesake...
Very cool new avatar.

Now I want to change mine! Any ideas?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 26th 2003, 2:40 pm

Megs wrote:
starbug wrote:You know, I changed it, and I prefer the new one...

Very cool new avatar.

Now I want to change mine! Any ideas?
Hmmm,

Gonna have to think on that one.

More later.

Lance Man