Smallville Discussion

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 10:23 am

Yup I watched smallville... now if you want a relationship that I can't stand Clark and Lana take the cake. All Lana ever does is whine... would much rather see Clark go after Cloey.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 10:32 am

Yeah, Lana is too much. Did you see last week's? I love EvilClark. And EvilChloe and EvilPete made me laugh. The comments EvilChloe made to the scientist studying the cave artwork ("You're the cunning linguist. Translate this: Kiss. My. Ass.") and to Lex about him being able to afford a decent toupee cracked me up.

Yeah, Lana, you really look broken up over Whitney's death. And , what was that? Your parents died? Really? By the meteorite? Wow. You've never mentioned that. :wink: Lana's favorite subject is herself.

Have you ever read the recaps by Omar on http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com? Hilarious! I don't watch Dawson's Creek anymore, but I read Jessica's recaps and they crack me up. Especially last week's.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 10:45 am

Yup last weeks ep was really good. The bit where Pete and Clark show Chloe Clark's powers was great! I just wish that Lana had seen Chloe and Clark making out at the Talon. Maybe she would have ran to the back an cried the rest of the episode.

Now what was up with Clark suddenly needing a job? There didn't seem to be any point to it.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 11:23 am

Maybe they are foreshadowing (re: Clark needing a job)? But for Smallville writers, that might be giving them a bit too much credit.

I was wondering why Lana was all pissed off. She didn't see the heavy making out (and, oh... boy... wow... those actors have chemistry. Almost as much as Clark and Lex have! :wink: ), she only saw the last kiss, which was basically Chloe kissing Clark, and Clark pushing her away. I didn't understand when she said, I understand why Chloe was kissing him, but why was he kissing her back, b/c she didn't see him kissing her back. I don't know. I guess Lana just likes the woe is me attitude, I guess.

I loved the scene where Chloe and Lana were talking about Lana's date with Clark, and Chloe said, "Does it really matter what I think, Lana?" Ouch.

I don't know if I like the fact that Mr. Small is her biological father. It just seems weird. Does anyone know if this is following the comic book canon, or is it loosely based on the movies? I have never read the comics, and I haven't seen the movies in years.

They really ought to get moving on Clark discovering more of his superpowers. Like flying. And the icy breath would be cool.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 11:49 am

I was wondering why Lana was all pissed off.
Same here. It didn't make any sense.
Does anyone know if this is following the comic book canon
I never read the Superman comics. I was a Batman fan and Batman and Superman hate each other.
They really ought to get moving on Clark discovering more of his superpowers
Did you see the preview for the ep in two weeks. Christopher Reeves is going to be on. They said something about a secret revealed but they've done that before and its been nothing really. But we can cross our fingers.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 11:59 am

mglenn wrote:Did you see the preview for the ep in two weeks. Christopher Reeves is going to be on. They said something about a secret revealed but they've done that before and its been nothing really. But we can cross our fingers.
No, I didn't see that. Sounds interesting. But I don't trust the execs at WB with their previews. They have tempted me and teased me and not delivered too often. :?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 13th 2003, 11:08 am

They have tempted me and teased me and not delivered too often.
You say that like women are the only ones allowed to do such things. :P

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 13th 2003, 11:49 am

mglenn wrote:
They have tempted me and teased me and not delivered too often.
You say that like women are the only ones allowed to do such things. :P
Hee. Well, it's true, isn't it?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 13th 2003, 11:56 am

Ok. I watched Smallville last night.

Wow. The Magnificent Bastard can see! I wonder what this means for Clark. I had my suspicions about this after the tornado, but they let it go so long, I didn't think that the writers had it in them. I was very pleasantly surprised. How long do you think he's had his sight? Since being shot? How many times has Lionel seen Clark exhibit some of his powers, when Clark thought that he couldn't see? I remember the one time he shot that round in his hand, but that was longer ago than the "few weeks" that Lionel said he has been able to see. I really hope that the writers handle this good, and that I don't get disappointed again.

I loved watching Lex shoveling the hay. And I am pleased that Bo Duke is finally treating Lex like a human being. But that will probably come back and bite him on the ass.

What happened at the end? Did that mean that Lucas and Lex set up Papa Luthor? Are Lucas and Lex now going to overtake LuthorCorp?

Lana wasn't so annoying this episode. Not enough Chloe, though. She is getting risque with those cleavage-bearing tops. :shock:

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 13th 2003, 5:47 pm

I think the main point of him seeing was the Hostage Episode.

If I had to guess I'd say that ya his sight was restored in the hospital following the shooting.

My question has always been how are they going to make Clark look different enough as superman that lex doesn't recognize him. And are they going to put him in blue and red tights.... fightening :shock: !
Lana wasn't so annoying this episode.
To paraphrase the ep from Lana's point of View: Cry Cry... I can goto High School and run a coffee shop, but, cry, I don't wanna hire Clark, cause he always runs out on me... cry cry just like all the guys...whine, but when they are gone I just move on to the next poor slob who will obsess over me... sob sob!

Sorry but I can't wait till Lois Lane shows up and bitch slaps Lana around a little bit!
She is getting risque with those cleavage-bearing tops.
And Osama thinks God doesn't like us... This just proves him wrong! :D

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 19th 2003, 4:12 pm

Last night's episode:

ATTENTION: SPOILERS AHEAD

Overall, I thought that it was a good episode. Not nearly enough Lex, but just enough to know that he is turning more bad with every episode. Now that his doctor girlfriend saw Clark's blood, it is only time before he finds out about Clark being "different". And I couldn't believe that Bo Duke (PapaKent) let the doctor draw that blood in the first place. But, I am sure being faced with his wife dying, and potentially losing his son to the same toxin, was reason enough for him to let her.

I loved when Bo Duke went all sneaky and broke into that place to get the key to the ship. And kudos to Pete for being the decoy! At least they are giving him more screen time this season. Although that bit at the Talon with him DJ'ing at the end was lame.

Chloe and the letter. Wow. I felt for the girl. I thought that she might have been over the whole Clark-love-thing, but I guess not. It was nice continuity, b/c we were reminded of the Spring Formal last year and how she was so insanely happy to be going with Clark. That note was so sweet and touching, but I knew that Clark would ruin it by muttering "Lana". When is he going to get a clue? Chloe is so much better than that whiner Lana. I didn't like how at the end of the episode, Lana was telling Clark that she cared, knowing Chloe still did, and seeing Chloe in the background. Those two girls are going to have it out soon.

And MamaKent has a bud in the oven! That was a nice little shocker, which made me happy that I don't read spoilers. I wonder where they are going to take this storyline.

What did everyone else think?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 26th 2003, 8:30 pm

Last night, I watched only the second episode of Smallville, and it was for a damn good reason; Christopher Reeve.

I liked it, I liked how they treated the first film, and most of all I loved watching Chris act again.

I don't gush that often, but when a hero of mine (for a number of reasons) pulls off a stint like last night's episode, which was fantastic from beginning to end, I'm a happy man.

I might become a new Smallville watcher now. Clark is going supposed to rule earth? He's going to have a brother? He let that girl print the photo of his barn?

Yeah, I'll be watching again. Makes up for the void left by Oz ending. :D

Gary

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 26th 2003, 9:30 pm

GaryEA wrote:Last night, I watched only the second episode of Smallville, and it was for a damn good reason; Christopher Reeve.

I liked it, I liked how they treated the first film, and most of all I loved watching Chris act again.

I don't gush that often, but when a hero of mine (for a number of reasons) pulls off a stint like last night's episode, which was fantastic from beginning to end, I'm a happy man.

I might become a new Smallville watcher now. Clark is going supposed to rule earth? He's going to have a brother? He let that girl print the photo of his barn?

Yeah, I'll be watching again. Makes up for the void left by Oz ending. :D

Gary
A new fan! Always welcome.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2003, 1:39 am

Smallville S1 will be released on DVD on September 23!

From tvshowsondvd:
On September 23rd, Warner Brothers has the DVD of Steel that you've all been waiting for! Emerging from the wheatfields of Kansas is Smallville: Season 1.

Warner's information states that this will have an anamorphic transfer at an aspect ratio of 1.77:1. Sound will be available in English Stereo and French Stereo, with Closed Captioning and subtitles in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Weighing in at the strange suggested list price of $64.92, this 6-disc set is billed as "The Complete First Season", and has a running time of 954 minutes.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jun 18th 2003, 2:11 am

candygirl,

Thanks for posting the info about the announcement. I may just pick it up.

Oh, the Digital Bits posted a different cover for the set. I think (key word) the pic you posted is for the Canadian release of the pilot (the pic is of a single disc snapper case). Anyway, that's splitting hairs because, the cover is prety much the same...

:D

Gary