Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Buffy

Post by lance » Jan 28th 2003, 1:39 pm

Yeah,

Past couple of seasons seems like the show just drifts along until around March when the plot finally comes together and we get a sense of who or what Buffy is up against.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

buffy

Post by lance » Feb 2nd 2003, 10:46 am

Hey all,

Anyone know when the next new episodes will air?

Lance Man

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Double Espresso » Feb 2nd 2003, 5:36 pm

for you US-types, it's on 4th Feb according to http://www.buffyguide.com

means I get it a day or so later once it's up on Kazaa.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 2nd 2003, 6:18 pm

Yup, it's February 4th - you didn't think that UPN would dare miss out on Feb sweeps didja? Leoff's wildfeed will be available at 8am CST on Monday, February 3rd, for you spoiler whores who just can't wait another 36 hours (yes, that would be me) :wink:

P.S. Quick Buffy-related info update (courtesy of Buffyworld): Seth Green will guest star on That 70s Show on Feb 26, Ashanti will guest star on Buffy (Feb 11 "First Date" episode), Charisma Carpenter's baby boy is due in March, Amy Acker is getting married to Matthew James in April, and James Marsters' band Ghost of the Robot released their first album today!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 3rd 2003, 10:17 am

Double Espresso wrote:for you US-types, it's on 4th Feb according to http://www.buffyguide.com

means I get it a day or so later once it's up on Kazaa.
Double Espresso and Candygirl,

Thanks for the info. Yes! Of course I will have to wait until Friday to see it :cry: Pesky grad school.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Last nights show

Post by lance » Feb 12th 2003, 9:40 am

Okay Buffiephiles,

What did you think about last nights episode? I missed the first five minutes of the show is Spike now chipless? I thought the backstory on Principal Woods was cleverly done. I also like the fact that apparently Andrew has thrown his lot in with the Scooby Gang.

Best,

Lance Man

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Double Espresso » Feb 12th 2003, 2:17 pm

haven't seen it yet, which means I have to avoid this thread until I have.

I've found in on Kazaa, so I'll see you in a couple of days.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 12th 2003, 2:37 pm

Yes, Spike is now chipless. Last week when Buffy and Spike went back to the Initiative, the commandos were given orders by Riley to help "ass face" in whatever way Buffy decided. The chip had deteriorated to the point where it had to be removed or replaced immediately. Buffy had to make a decision on the spot, but they ended the ep without showing what it was. At the beginning of this week's episode, they exposition about Buffy's decision to have it removed rather than replaced.

What does everyone think of Willow with Kennedy? Me - yuck. I was never a total Tara shipper, so it isn't that. I just don't really like Kennedy, and the way she went about pursuing Willow was very deceptive and, dare I say it, LAME ("oh I'm sick, oh I was pretending, oh I have something very important to do, oh have a drink with me") and her response when Willow asked "why do you like me?" was even lamer. "Have you seen you?" So this relationship is based on how hot Kennedy thinks Willow is? And it's beginning with a little harmless deception? On top of that, they didn't share any of the same interests (as listed by Kennedy who thought that magic was some fairy tale crap). And how old are the SITs supposed to be? When Buffy and Spike took them to the demon bar, one of them said that they were "a bunch of 15 year olds" which would fit into the Jossverse's timeline for when the Slayer is called. Somehow Kennedy was able to get into a bar that serves frou frou drinks with Willow? Even if Kennedy is defying the Jossverse Slayer age assumptions and she IS older (which doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll go with it for now), it seems inappropriate for her to date Willow or any of the Scoobies since the Scoobs are their mentors, trainers, authority figures.

discussion about First Date follows so if you haven't watched it yet, cover your eyes!

I haven't watched this week's episode in its entirety just yet - I taped it and flipped back and forth between Buffy and American Idol :oops: (I can't help it - that show is just funny! well, it was a lot more amusing last summer but I keep hoping that this season will start to get interesting any time soon). I did see the scene when Buffy and Spike talk about dating other people which seemed like a relatively sane, rational conversation.

Very glad Ashanti was killed which almost made her presence in this episode tolerable.

I think Buffy took an important step by admitting that she didn't want Spike to leave. Now was that a step forward or a step to the right or the left? That remains to be seen. I was just glad to see Buffy admit her feelings for once - to anyone.

Principal Wood - he is mighty attractive but if he was acting on his own before (meaning not under the First's control), why did he bury Jonathan without notifying the authorities that there was a dead kid in his school's basement? To avoid bad publicity? Something isn't adding up here. I am still suspicious of him - and not just because he wants to kill Spike!

Andrew used to be my last favorite member of the Troika, but I admit that he is beginning to grow on me. Perhaps like an insidious mold, but I like him better now that he isn't tied up and getting beaten up for information or being Warren's lackey.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 12th 2003, 4:22 pm

candygirl wrote:Yes, Spike is now chipless. Last week when Buffy and Spike went back to the Initiative, the commandos were given orders by Riley to help "ass face" in whatever way Buffy decided. The chip had deteriorated to the point where it had to be removed or replaced immediately. Buffy had to make a decision on the spot, but they ended the ep without showing what it was. At the beginning of this week's episode, they exposition about Buffy's decision to have it removed rather than replaced.

What does everyone think of Willow with Kennedy? Me - yuck. I was never a total Tara shipper, so it isn't that. I just don't really like Kennedy, and the way she went about pursuing Willow was very deceptive and, dare I say it, LAME ("oh I'm sick, oh I was pretending, oh I have something very important to do, oh have a drink with me") and her response when Willow asked "why do you like me?" was even lamer. "Have you seen you?" So this relationship is based on how hot Kennedy thinks Willow is? And it's beginning with a little harmless deception? On top of that, they didn't share any of the same interests (as listed by Kennedy who thought that magic was some fairy tale crap). And how old are the SITs supposed to be? When Buffy and Spike took them to the demon bar, one of them said that they were "a bunch of 15 year olds" which would fit into the Jossverse's timeline for when the Slayer is called. Somehow Kennedy was able to get into a bar that serves frou frou drinks with Willow? Even if Kennedy is defying the Jossverse Slayer age assumptions and she IS older (which doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll go with it for now), it seems inappropriate for her to date Willow or any of the Scoobies since the Scoobs are their mentors, trainers, authority figures.

discussion about First Date follows so if you haven't watched it yet, cover your eyes!

I haven't watched this week's episode in its entirety just yet - I taped it and flipped back and forth between Buffy and American Idol :oops: (I can't help it - that show is just funny! well, it was a lot more amusing last summer but I keep hoping that this season will start to get interesting any time soon). I did see the scene when Buffy and Spike talk about dating other people which seemed like a relatively sane, rational conversation.

Very glad Ashanti was killed which almost made her presence in this episode tolerable.

I think Buffy took an important step by admitting that she didn't want Spike to leave. Now was that a step forward or a step to the right or the left? That remains to be seen. I was just glad to see Buffy admit her feelings for once - to anyone.

Principal Wood - he is mighty attractive but if he was acting on his own before (meaning not under the First's control), why did he bury Jonathan without notifying the authorities that there was a dead kid in his school's basement? To avoid bad publicity? Something isn't adding up here. I am still suspicious of him - and not just because he wants to kill Spike!

Andrew used to be my last favorite member of the Troika, but I admit that he is beginning to grow on me. Perhaps like an insidious mold, but I like him better now that he isn't tied up and getting beaten up for information or being Warren's lackey.
Wow. A very insightful post, thanks.

I don't have a problem with Kennedy per se, but I think you have a valid point about them not having much in common. I think maybe Willow was just so happy to have someone want her after losing Tara that she may not be thinking clearly here.

As to principal woods, yeah that kinda creeped me out when he just buried Jonathan. I do like the way that Josh shows something briefly (Spike killing an African-American slayer on the subways of 70s New York) and follows up on it a season or two later.

I agree with you on Andrew. At first he was just whiny (Conner from Angel anyone?) now though it looks like he has decided to go legit as it were. I am looking forward to next weeks show.

Best,

Lance

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 12th 2003, 5:05 pm

lance wrote:I agree with you on Andrew. At first he was just whiny (Conner from Angel anyone?) now though it looks like he has decided to go legit as it were. I am looking forward to next weeks show.
I am not super duper excited about next week's show, only because it didn't look that interesting in the previews. This week, the plot moved forward (Ashanti trying to call another Turok-han, more info on Woods, development with Andrew deciding which side he is on, etc.) unlike the last month or so. Next week looks like another episode where only one important thing comes out of the entire hour. I hope I'm wrong though.

I am finally caught up on Angel and ready for tonight's episode, but man Conner is totally whiny - even in Angel's little "Last Temptation of Christ" fantasy! I understand he is a teenager which explains most of the whining and resentment, plus all the Holtz/Angel issues, but hello understanding why didn't make Dawn any more tolerable either. I am tired of both of them sulking and feeling sorry for themselves, even if I do understand the reasons behind their annoying behavior.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Feb 12th 2003, 7:27 pm

I liked the episode, first one in a while I can say that about.

It seemed to move the plot. I would point out though, that I may have to watch it again. Had some bad news about an hour before the ep, and I was a bit numb. A documentary on paint would have been a welcome diversion.

Back to the episode, I bet we all started racing abck in time once we heard the principals story, didn't we? All thinking, damn, was it Spike? And of course, it was. I liked that turn of events.

But...in the beginning he was wiping blood from that knife. If hes killing vamps, whose blood was that? hmmm. Poor writing or a clue?

Anyone else wish that a few SITs were removed via gunshot?

I dont like the Willow Kennedy thing at all. All of it flys in the face of the whole history of Willow. In love with Xander all those years. Even when Oz was there, she still loved Xander (ala the kiss). Thats the character we know, and it shaped my perception of the show. I liked that dynamic. Then, poof, she's a lesbian. Its not that I minded that per se, but it just wasn't a fit for Willow. I want her with Xander.

Well, my two cents for now. Angel in a few hours.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 13th 2003, 10:33 am

I dont like the Willow Kennedy thing at all. All of it flys in the face of the whole history of Willow.
I'm not sure I agree. When we first met Willow she was the shy and withdrawn. Then when her and Tara were big she was the one, shall we say, wearing the pants. Acting more like her Doppleganger than the Willow we first met. Now Kennedy is kinda the rock and Willow is the unsure one again. If you watch the parts where Willow is confronted with her relationship with Kennedy she acts just like she did in the first and second seasons. Joss does this quite often. Just look at Xander he's been kinda holding his own for a while. Then he meets a girl and hes back to being "The Zeppo".
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 13th 2003, 1:48 pm

mglenn wrote:
I dont like the Willow Kennedy thing at all. All of it flys in the face of the whole history of Willow.
I'm not sure I agree. When we first met Willow she was the shy and withdrawn. Then when her and Tara were big she was the one, shall we say, wearing the pants. Acting more like her Doppleganger than the Willow we first met. Now Kennedy is kinda the rock and Willow is the unsure one again. If you watch the parts where Willow is confronted with her relationship with Kennedy she acts just like she did in the first and second seasons. Joss does this quite often. Just look at Xander he's been kinda holding his own for a while. Then he meets a girl and hes back to being "The Zeppo".
I think that is fair.

People have a tendency to fall back on the routine and the familar, even if what they are falling back on is not entirely postive.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 14th 2003, 1:50 am

Wow - today's big Buffy news is that Faith will get her own show next season. Tons of sources to choose from so I just picked one article to link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 756657.stm

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

candygirl

Post by lance » Feb 14th 2003, 9:22 am

candygirl wrote:Wow - today's big Buffy news is that Faith will get her own show next season. Tons of sources to choose from so I just picked one article to link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 756657.stm
Candygirl,

Wow! Thanks for the news. You really are good at researching you do know this, right? So what do you think?

I like what I have seen of Eliza Dushku so far. I really liked her in the episode where she had to imitate Sarah Michelle' Buffy. This could be really good.

Thanks again,

Lance Man