Can't Hardly Wait

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 10:36 am

Come on if you want some quality late 20 somethings playing teens you gotta go with Jennifer Love's girlfriends in Can't Hardly Wait! I think the director even comments on it in the commentary.
GaryEA wrote:Maybe I should watch Grease before I criticize it, eh?
Once you start down that path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will! :twisted:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 11:30 am

Not to go off-topic (but I am), but I love Can't Hardly Wait. That was a movie I just picked up one day b/c nothing else was in the video store, and I only got my then-boyfriend (now-husband) to watch it b/c it had Love in it, and it actually turned out to be a good movie. And the early appearance of Lauren Ambrose (from Six Feet Under) really made the movie enjoyable. Such a great character. That was me in high school. Also, one of Mike's friends (the little, funny one) is in Six Feet Under, as well. Rodriguez, or something? I don't know his name.

I loved Seth Green's character. "Damn! Why you got to waste my flavor?!" "Yo, I don;t see no hoes, Kenny." Hee. I also love the Guns N Roses guy who gets up on stage. "I'll be the band, dude!". Yeah, I could go on forever. Good movie.

Carry on.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 12th 2003, 1:49 pm

I will follow Megs OT here and second Can't Hardly Wait. I loved that movie. Some great lines in there. "My s**t would'a been slammin' with somebody else". "Sign my yearbook. Sign my yearbook. ---'Bitch get a life'." When the redhead get's hit in the face with the pot-brownie and the stoner licks it off. I think I paid for that movie on satellite b/c I saw a 'making-of' kind of show on HBO shortly before it was released. Megs, did you see Trojan Wars with Love and Will Freidle? Very similar I thought and lots of the same actors.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 3:43 pm

K-man wrote:I will follow Megs OT here and second Can't Hardly Wait. I loved that movie. Some great lines in there. "My s**t would'a been slammin' with somebody else". "Sign my yearbook. Sign my yearbook. ---'Bitch get a life'." When the redhead get's hit in the face with the pot-brownie and the stoner licks it off. I think I paid for that movie on satellite b/c I saw a 'making-of' kind of show on HBO shortly before it was released. Megs, did you see Trojan Wars with Love and Will Freidle? Very similar I thought and lots of the same actors.
"So he was sorta tall. With hair. And he wears t-shirts sometimes."
"Yeah, well you know, it's Preston."
"Pres-TON."

Hee. I was paraphrasing, but I love that scene.

I have seen Trojan Wars, but I didn't enjoy it as much as CHW. I like Will Freidle, so that movie had me laughing, which is always a good sign.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 3:47 pm

"These are memories frozen in time, people!"

"Look in the mirror. You're white."

"Is there a mission to the moon later?"

"You're an angel stripper."

"You know, Willem, in this light, you somewhat resemble David Duchovny."

"Why does he get to be Grand Mof Tarkin?"

"I gots to have sex tonight."

"That's a Fragance of Love scented candle, bitch."

I couldn't resist. I love that movie.

:oops:

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 3:49 pm

Why does he get to be Grand Mof Tarkin?
"Fine your both Kiss dolls!" :lol:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 12th 2003, 3:56 pm

Thanks, I was just going to ask that this be split off. I have an awful habit of going off-topic.

Maybe we can start a favorite movie quotes thread. Those are always fun.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 13th 2003, 11:23 am

"You know what they say about women and trolley cars. There's plenty of 'em in the sea. "

Corollary to this from Mallrats:

"As my Grandma used to say: 'Why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free?' Ofcourse she became a lesbian on her sixith birhtday, but thats beside the point!"

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 13th 2003, 11:44 am

"That was too little, too late."
"Two little?! But you said it was a good size!"
"The effort, you retard. The effort was too little, too late. But now that you mention it, when a girl says it's a good size? That's a nice was of saying it's small."

"Wow! A schooner!"
"You dumb bastard. It's a sailboat."
"A schooner is a sailboat, stupidhead."

"I'd make a sexy chick!"

Can you tell I like Mallrats, too? :lol:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 13th 2003, 11:47 am

"Food court's downstairs, the cookie stand is upstairs. It's not quantum physics."
"The cookie stand is an eatery, an eatery is part of the food court."
"Only the eateries inside the designated area qualify as the food court. Anything else is just an autonomous unit for mid-mall snacking."

I paraphrased, but you get the idea.

I really have to stop going off-topic.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2003, 3:00 pm

Megs wrote:I really have to stop going off-topic.
Heck no - that's how we get brand new split topics like this one. We like it!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Brandon_
Frozen Embryo

Post by Brandon_ » Feb 13th 2003, 4:18 pm

You guys are cracking me up! :lol:

I haven't seen CHW or Mallrats in a while, I think i'll have to go rent them now!

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 13th 2003, 5:32 pm

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent--I don't care which one--but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator!"

"That Kid is back on the escalator again!!!"

"Its just an attempt to capture the 90's youth market with a staple of 70's television!"
"Man... why don't they ever bring back good shows, like 'BJ and the Bear.' Now there's a concept I can't get enough of, a man and his monkey. "

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 13th 2003, 5:34 pm

mglenn wrote:"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent--I don't care which one--but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator!"

"That Kid is back on the escalator again!!!"

"Its just an attempt to capture the 90's youth market with a staple of 70's television!"
"Man... why don't they ever bring back good shows, like 'BJ and the Bear.' Now there's a concept I can't get enough of, a man and his monkey. "
:lol: Thanks, for the laugh, m, I really needed it today! That escalator quote is one of my favorites, and I always say it when we are on an escalator. :lol:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 17th 2003, 11:50 pm

"Hey! Luke doesn't push Vader!"
"Yeah, well, he should have. I mean, the guy cut off his hand."

"Those shoes! Do they serve an orthopedic function?"

"Will there be a mission to the moon later?"

Hee. Watched it today on USA. Watching Dazed and Confused now.

"Alright, alright, alright. That's what I like about them high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

Anyone ever watch Airborne? I have an awesome quote from there.

(Give me a break. I am suffering from major cabin fever here! And the husband is playing Medal Of Honor, so I have nothing to do!)