Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Who will be 1000?

Post by lance » Feb 10th 2003, 10:01 am

Nostradamus wrote:Just noticed that the forum has 997 registered members. I know it doesn't really make much difference, but does anybody have any thoughts on the MSCL.com community reaching quadruple digits?

I suppose we could have a celebration when the 1000'th member joins, but that might confuse the hell out of the poor newbie. :wink:
Wow,

997 huh? That's alot of members. Would be nice though if more of them posted more often.

Best,

Lance Man

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 10th 2003, 1:48 pm

They must be shy.

As Rayanne would say, "It's just writing something everyone can read. What's the big deal?"
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 10th 2003, 9:00 pm

BiG Fan is the 1000th registered member of the So-Called Forum. As is the style, I will post a celebratory emoticon:

..................................________________
................................/.................................\
............................../....................................\
............................/...........l................l...........\
........................../.............l................l.............\
..........................l....i__________________i....l
..........................l.....l.................................l......l
..........................l......\.............................../......l
..........................\.......\______________/....../
............................\......................................../
..............................\__________________/
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 11th 2003, 3:44 am

hmmm :?

We should have had a better door prize.

congrats though BiG Fan :)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

1,000 member

Post by lance » Feb 11th 2003, 9:43 am

Big Fan,

Congrats on becoming the 1,000 th member. Welcome to the community.

Best,

Lance Man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 11th 2003, 10:11 am

Congrats, Big Fan! Welcome!

:D
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Post by Guest » Feb 22nd 2003, 3:14 am

this is a nice thread. i havent been here for a bit. after i got the dvd's, it sliped the mind to check the boards. ive been coming to this site for about 3 years i think. this is my second user name, when the board changed, figured it was time for a new handle. ive been watching MSCL sence the Pilot aired on ABC, and have been obsessed, maybe thats a strong word, from that point on. it was so easy to relate too. there was this girl, Elizabeth, she was my Jordan. of course she never gave me the time of day, but then again my efforts were pathedic. my best friend also tried to help out by droping some hints yaknow.... they ended up dating for about 2 years. hes still my best friend by the way :) my luck with women is still stellar, and what social skills i thought i had are probably gone. ahvell as grandpa would say. most of my friends are close to, or married wich is a little strange. thought id be in that boat, but the girl ripped out my heart after an intence 4 years, but im glad its over, she was evil. sorry to blab on and on.

I first saw MSCL: ABC Pilot

How it impacted my life: more than words could say i guess. cant realy sum it up.

My goals and aspirations: to make an Idapendant film, learn how to spell, and to speak German correctly.

My greatest accomplishment in life so far: building a recording studio, small but worth every penny. also selling out the local theatre, playing bass with my band. playing music for money is pretty cool.

My shoe size: 11, my twin brother wears a 9, go figure.

My favorite fruit: Apple a day, as they say.

My most guilty pleasure: watching Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, the love scence make me weep. buying DVD's, lots and lots....

My best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: Snickers

My favorite cartoon character: Batman

Disco: interesting, but not my thing.

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Feb 22nd 2003, 3:17 am

Anonymous wrote:this is a nice thread. i havent been here for a bit. after i got the dvd's, it sliped the mind to check the boards. ive been coming to this site for about 3 years i think. this is my second user name, when the board changed, figured it was time for a new handle. ive been watching MSCL sence the Pilot aired on ABC, and have been obsessed, maybe thats a strong word, from that point on. it was so easy to relate too. there was this girl, Elizabeth, she was my Jordan. of course she never gave me the time of day, but then again my efforts were pathedic. my best friend also tried to help out by droping some hints yaknow.... they ended up dating for about 2 years. hes still my best friend by the way :) my luck with women is still stellar, and what social skills i thought i had are probably gone. ahvell as grandpa would say. most of my friends are close to, or married wich is a little strange. thought id be in that boat, but the girl ripped out my heart after an intence 4 years, but im glad its over, she was evil. sorry to blab on and on.

I first saw MSCL: ABC Pilot

How it impacted my life: more than words could say i guess. cant realy sum it up.

My goals and aspirations: to make an Idapendant film, learn how to spell, and to speak German correctly.

My greatest accomplishment in life so far: building a recording studio, small but worth every penny. also selling out the local theatre, playing bass with my band. playing music for money is pretty cool.

My shoe size: 11, my twin brother wears a 9, go figure.

My favorite fruit: Apple a day, as they say.

My most guilty pleasure: watching Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, the love scence make me weep. buying DVD's, lots and lots....

My best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: Snickers

My favorite cartoon character: Batman

Disco: interesting, but not my thing.
silly me, forgot to log in :oops:
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

glad your back

Post by lance » Feb 22nd 2003, 10:31 pm

sid_barrett,

Glad that you are back :D Stick around for a bit.

Best,

Lance Man

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Feb 24th 2003, 2:50 am

well thanks so much, Lance :)
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

meggrrrl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by meggrrrl » Mar 16th 2003, 12:30 am

Hi - a new, new newbie here. I've been lurking around the message boards for the last few days, soaking it all in. The other day I wrote a thoughtful, witty, wonderful post under the discussion of the Halloween episode, which my computer ate rather than posted. :evil:
(I love these little emoticons)

My parents gave me the box set for my birthday a week ago and I watched all 19 episodes in about 3 days, which is quite a feat, considering that I have 2 small children. Wait, before you call CPS let me assure you that my 2 year old actually put up with 3 hours of mscl before begging me to turn it off. Or switch to Blues Clues. But I am proud to say that she can now not only identify a picture ot Elvis, a picture of Jesus, and John Lennon, but also Angela Chase. These are the pillars of this child's eduation, my friends. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I first saw MSCL: The first episode on abc. I was a senior in high school, but taking classes at the local community college - I had a class during the show so I would tape it. I remember before it even began seeing the commercials for it and thinking it looked cool, but that the name was awful. We didn't have cable so I never saw it on mtv.

How it impacted my life: One more thing for me to obsess over. and fall in love with. it helped explain me to myself. (boy, if only my parents had watched it!)

My goals and aspirations: Being a good mom. And skinny. And holy. And rich. Being a rich, skinny, holy, decent mother. And a better cook too.

My greatest accomplishment in life so far: My two babies. Did I mention that I'm a mom? And that I have 2 beautiful kids? Well, if I haven't yet, I'm sure I will. often.

My shoe size: 7-ish.

My favorite fruit: a good old fashioned red apple.

My most guilty pleasure: not doing the dishes. instead, eating cookie dough with my daughter and playing with her hair as she watches cinderella.

My best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: honey nut cheerios. I know it's not hard-core sugary, but it's got personality. with whole milk it's amazing. to me, anyway.

My favorite cartoon character: Peter Griffins

My ultimate disco song: ummmm, I'll claim to be too young to know anything about disco, which is partly true, but the real reason I can't answer is that I'm not cool enough. And not emo enough. Whatever that means.

alright, that's it for my intro. I have to leave some of the mystery for later. I know you all won't buy the cow if I give away the milk for free, right? :wink:

-meg

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 16th 2003, 3:31 am

Welcome to our community Meg - hope to hear more from you!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 16th 2003, 11:59 am

Welcome meggrrrl. Let's see -- Blues Clues or MSCL? The choice is much easier if you are two years old. I look forward to reading your posts.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 16th 2003, 2:23 pm

meggrrrl wrote:Hi - a new, new newbie here. I've been lurking around the message boards for the last few days, soaking it all in. The other day I wrote a thoughtful, witty, wonderful post under the discussion of the Halloween episode, which my computer ate rather than posted. :evil:
(I love these little emoticons)

My parents gave me the box set for my birthday a week ago and I watched all 19 episodes in about 3 days, which is quite a feat, considering that I have 2 small children. Wait, before you call CPS let me assure you that my 2 year old actually put up with 3 hours of mscl before begging me to turn it off. Or switch to Blues Clues. But I am proud to say that she can now not only identify a picture ot Elvis, a picture of Jesus, and John Lennon, but also Angela Chase. These are the pillars of this child's eduation, my friends. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I first saw MSCL: The first episode on abc. I was a senior in high school, but taking classes at the local community college - I had a class during the show so I would tape it. I remember before it even began seeing the commercials for it and thinking it looked cool, but that the name was awful. We didn't have cable so I never saw it on mtv.

How it impacted my life: One more thing for me to obsess over. and fall in love with. it helped explain me to myself. (boy, if only my parents had watched it!)

My goals and aspirations: Being a good mom. And skinny. And holy. And rich. Being a rich, skinny, holy, decent mother. And a better cook too.

My greatest accomplishment in life so far: My two babies. Did I mention that I'm a mom? And that I have 2 beautiful kids? Well, if I haven't yet, I'm sure I will. often.

My shoe size: 7-ish.

My favorite fruit: a good old fashioned red apple.

My most guilty pleasure: not doing the dishes. instead, eating cookie dough with my daughter and playing with her hair as she watches cinderella.

My best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: honey nut cheerios. I know it's not hard-core sugary, but it's got personality. with whole milk it's amazing. to me, anyway.

My favorite cartoon character: Peter Griffins

My ultimate disco song: ummmm, I'll claim to be too young to know anything about disco, which is partly true, but the real reason I can't answer is that I'm not cool enough. And not emo enough. Whatever that means.

alright, that's it for my intro. I have to leave some of the mystery for later. I know you all won't buy the cow if I give away the milk for free, right? :wink:

-meg
meggrrrl,

Glad you stopped lurking and decided to start posting. I am glad that you like MSCL and have decided to join our community. I think your goals are admirable. I too am trying to be a better cook or to at least cook more often.

Must remember to check stove before things burn :D Still working on it.

Best,

Lance Man

Chaser
Tino

Post by Chaser » Mar 28th 2003, 11:32 pm

Hi! I don't post often, well I never post, but I love the site so I just wanted to say Hey! I first saw MSCL on ABC but I only watched because my older sister did. I really got into it when it was on MTV. I found this site randomly searching the net but I fell in love when I saw the transcripts. I didn't find the forums until the DVD debacle. Although I didn't post often I read them religiously and my roommate decided I spent more time on this site than at class. When the DVDs finally came I skipped all my classes and did one long marathon. My roomie thought I was insane but I got her hooked. Now the important part . . .

Best Accomplishment:Finding something I really love to do and being able to make a career of it

Shoe Size 10

Favorite Fruit Strawberry

Guilty Pleasure Cheesy movies and bubble gum pop

Favorite Cartoon Characters Bulwinkle and Charlie Brown

Best Song The Pixies Here Comes Your man (I know it's not disco but i really am too young for that :wink: )

Thanks for letting my blab!
Trina
"Not too fast, not too slow. The confidence to make the steps your own."