Alias

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Alias

Post by Sammi » Dec 13th 2002, 1:51 am

Alias is just about my favorite show on t.v. right now, anybody else feel that way?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 13th 2002, 10:27 am

I am a fan of Alias and also of J Garner. But sadly in my new apartment I cannot get ABC at all so I don't get to see it much. I also used to love Witchblade. Does anybody know if it got cancelled? If not, when is it on and where?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 13th 2002, 3:21 pm

Alias is on Sunday nights on ABC. I don't think it has been cancelled because the show just won the coveted post-Super Bowl time slot.

I have only seen a few of the first episodes and I liked them, but I have had a time commitment on Sunday nights for the past three years so I was never home to watch it. My sister loves it though.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Anybody a fan of Alias?

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 13th 2002, 4:11 pm

I initially scoffed at Alias because it seemed like a flashier and less sophisticated version of La Femme Nikita (one of my favorite shows that I always seem to be mentioning although I don't mean to ram it down anyone's throats), but I still watched the premiere partly out of curiosity and partly because it was commercial free. I was blown away by the premiere and have watched ever since. I'd have to say it's probably the show I enjoy most watching this season, and I love how interactive the people involved with the show have been. From the recent book signing event in California to online chats, they really know how to tie into that fanbase.

K-man, I'm sorry to hear you can't get ABC. Is there any way you can have a friend tape it for you to watch later, or perhaps you can find a tape fairy who would be willing to help you so you can see the show? It's definitely worth catching.

As for Witchblade, it was unfortunately canceled after the second season. The fans have been trying to get another network to pick it up, since it was TNT's top-rated program, but so far there has been no takers. You can find out more about the WB campaign at http://www.witchbladecentralstation.com/ . By the way, WB's Danny (Will Yun Lee) is in the new James Bond movie in case you're looking to catch WB alumni in other projects.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 13th 2002, 6:27 pm

Thanks NJessie and good to hear from you. That sucks about Witchblade. I loved that show. I really liked the way it was produced. I guess I'll have to visit the site and fight for them now that the Life dvd's are finally here. Seriously; thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened. I think another reason I don't watch Alias is that is runs opposite Angel here. Don't tell me Angel has been cancelled too. :cry:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 13th 2002, 7:00 pm

K-man wrote:Don't tell me Angel has been cancelled too. :cry:
Not yet!

:D

Here's hoping that it survives another season.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 14th 2002, 6:24 am

NIGHTJESSI, I had the same suspicions about Alias and LFN, but I have yet to try Alias. Now you've seen both, are they all that similar? I don't mind copycats so much if they're good copycats. And J Garner is quite easy on the eyes... :)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: LFN vs. Alias

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 19th 2002, 6:27 am

Nostradamus, LFN was in a league all its own. A number of LFN fans detest Alias because they see it as a cheap ripoff of LFN. While there are some similar storylines and instances, I try not compare the two too much. Alias is a flashier version of LFN with less substance, but I still find the show quite fun in a different sort of way.

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Alias - the series

Post by Double Espresso » Jan 7th 2003, 7:09 am

That spy series ALIAS that a few of you recommend I see!! I got some episodes of Kazaa and I'm hooked. Does anyone know if there are plans to release the first season on DVD at all?

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Alias - the series

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 9th 2003, 6:10 am

I recall reading that Alias was going to be coming out on DVD sometime soon. In the meantime, you might want to check out Alias: Declassified: The Official Companion which includes a DVD of visual material. The book is available online through Amazon.com as well as at various book retailers. And you can find out more about the show at the network's official show site, http://www.abc.com/primetime/alias .

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Jan 12th 2003, 9:48 pm

I think Alias-Season 1 will be out on DVD in August/September just before season 3 premieres. I glad to see that I am not the only one hooked on the show, it is the only show I look forward to seeing each week.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Everybody Watch Alias

Post by Sammi » Feb 8th 2003, 6:57 pm

I know some of you have said that you won't watch Alias because you think that it is too similar to LFN, but if you like LFN you will love Alias. ABC is currently deciding the fate of this show and as usual it looks like ABC is going to cancel another good show and replace it with another Bachelor/Bachelorette/Mole show. I know it is in the middle of the second season and you might be thinking it will be too hard to get into the show, well start watching the show, try to get past episodes off of KAZAA and buy the Season 1 set when it comes out in September. Please just give the show 4 weeks and I know you will be hooked. Please tell all your friends and family members, so we can help save Alias. Also you can get transcripts of the show at http://www.aliasuncovered.com, and spoilers, updates at both http://www.aliasboards.com and http://www.sd-4.com.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 8th 2003, 7:14 pm

I must confess that I haven't watched one episode of Alias. It's timeslot just doesn't work for me, I guess. However, I hear it is a good show. Being a good show with weak ratings makes it an excellent candidate for cancellation. I'll try to catch an episode or two. That way, I'll have another reason not to like TV network executives after it gets pulled.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 9th 2003, 8:26 pm

Although I am a huge fan of LFN, I still enjoy watching Alias every week. It's unfortunate that ABC has buried the show with a Disney movie lead-in and a Sunday night timeslot that had heavy competition from X-Files last season and Sopranos this season. Hopefully ABC will see the worth in Alias and keep it going, especially considering the many movie stars the show has been able to garner as guests.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Feb 10th 2003, 2:55 pm

To All the People That Watched Alias Last Night:

What did you think? It was pretty good, not the best episode, but definitely better than last week. Next week there is no Alias, so everyone please try to tune in to watch Alias at 9/8 central on Sunday February 23rd. What did you think of Dixon's wife? Wasn't Marshall as charming as ever? What do you think Sloane is going to do to Sydney?