A.U.S.A.

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

A.U.S.A.

Post by Sascha » Feb 6th 2003, 6:14 pm

NBC urgently needs a replacement for Friends and Frasier in the next years, but I guess this new Noel... err, Scott Foley show won't be a serious contender. I just saw the first episode of A.U.S.A. (oh, how I love bittorrent ;-)) and while it was pretty funny in some scenes, it was IMHO "just another sitcom". Nothing really new. And I somehow missed Felicity... ;-)

Any bets how long this new show will last? ;-)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: A.U.S.A.

Post by fnordboy » Feb 6th 2003, 6:21 pm

sab wrote:NBC urgently needs a replacement for Friends and Frasier in the next years, but I guess this new Noel... err, Scott Foley show won't be a serious contender. I just saw the first episode of A.U.S.A. (oh, how I love bittorrent ;-)) and while it was pretty funny in some scenes, it was IMHO "just another sitcom". Nothing really new. And I somehow missed Felicity... ;-)

Any bets how long this new show will last? ;-)
I'll probably kick myself...what is AUSA?

And yes BitTorrent kicks much ass :)

Where is a good place for TV shows BitTorrented btw? I only know the anime sources.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: A.U.S.A.

Post by Sascha » Feb 6th 2003, 7:07 pm

fnordboy wrote:I'll probably kick myself...what is AUSA?
A new NBC sitcom, starring Scott Foley (also producer) about a young Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) in New York City. Airing Tuesdays 9:30/8:30 ( http://www.nbc.com/A.U.S.A./ ) . It's created by Richard Appel of former "King of the Hill" fame.
Where is a good place for TV shows BitTorrented btw? I only know the anime sources.
The main starting point is still IRC. Some IRC channels have websites where they offer their torrents, but they switch servers quite often due to high traffic. #tvtorrents on Efnet and #Bittorrent on Undernet are good resources. Try http://xgoogle.org for IRC search.

crispy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by crispy » Feb 9th 2003, 7:03 pm

I loved Scott Foley on Felicity...and I think he's very funny. I'd rather see him in a comedy than the horror/suspense films he's been doing.

But I don't know about A.U.S.A. Maybe it's just that I don't really watch sitcoms these days....the humour seems so ...dumb. Urine gags don't really do it for me. :roll: