Locations

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
mia
Yearbook Team

Re: Locations

Post by mia » Nov 11th 1999, 10:19 am

It's an actual shirt put out by ABC Promotions. Cool idea though; I'll have to try it sometime. :)

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 13th 2002, 5:04 pm

Since a topic like this is timeless when it comes to newbies, here's my two cents.

I live in Oak Forest, IL, which is a south suburb of Chicago, and I'm turning 28 in a couple of months.

As for favorite shows, there are many. Some, and I'm sure I'm unfortunately going to forget some, are MSCL (of course), La Femme Nikita, Highlander: The Series, 24, Alias, Mutant X, Witchblade, Forever Knight, Kindred: the Embraced, Real World, Bands on the Run, Degrassi Junior High, Thirtysomething, Pretender, and Relativity.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Jan 13th 2002, 5:26 pm

Worldsapart:
I am 19, from Nashville, and not a country music fan as well. : )
The only show I really look foward to watching these days is "The Practice." It's just a lot of fun to watch.

-Frankie

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jan 14th 2002, 11:24 am

Well I am in the North of England, UK and we don't get many cool TV shows over here - hence why I am still a die-hard MSClifer. Unless you have SKY over here things are pretty dreary really and nothing has the superb quality and realism of MSCL.

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 15th 2002, 2:19 am

It's good to resurrect these 3-year old topics every once in a while.

Anyways, I'm Jim Brooks from Philadelphia Pennsylvania, born and rasied for 21 years. As of right now, I can't stop watching 24, Whose Line is It Anyway?, and hockey.

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

Ksmile_71
Tino

Hi

Post by Ksmile_71 » Jan 15th 2002, 3:05 am

I'm new to this website. I truly loved the series "My so called life"
E-mail me ksmile_71@hotmail.com

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Jan 15th 2002, 9:38 pm

Well, if we're up for resurrection, I guess I should update myself a bit. I am now 21 (nearly 22) and still in Nashville, TN. As for TV shows it's still Buffy/Angel and Roswell when I'm in the mood for something different (though I've only watched 1st season so far--I downloaded all of 1st and 2nd season since I missed them when they were on TV). I'm going to graduate from college in May (English major) and will, after that, be running a used book store that is owned by my family while I work on writing a best-selling (I'm dreaming big) children's/young adult novel (or two, or three--who knows?). I'm still a movie buff and the latest great movies I've seen have been Lord of the Rings (I've seen it three times) and A Beautiful Mind (Russell Crowe for Best Actor Oscar ALL THE WAY). I'm also still intrigued by the movie Memento (you can get it on video), which I have watched several times since it came out. But that's enough about me.

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Jan 15th 2002, 9:41 pm

Wow, small world.

I've actually never seen the Practice. There are probably a lot of TV shows out there that I would enjoy, but if I tried to watch all of them, I'd never get around to doing anything else (I tend to obsess over whatever I currently like).

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants

chosephine
Jody Barsh

Post by chosephine » Jan 15th 2002, 9:56 pm

"I say, that what you say, is what I say." Don't be ashamed about liking Newsies- it's a classic. (Of course, your post is over two years old, so maybe you don't like it anymore?) Anyway, I've lived in Eugene, OR for the past year after bfief stops in Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Seattle and San Francisco. I guess I'm a nomad.

saake
Nicky Driscoll

Post by saake » Jan 18th 2002, 5:58 pm

11/8/99 it says, time, time. has i gone so long? I still live in Sweden in the same city the same suburb has the same jobb. Im 30 now, I stoped watcing x-filels, and i dont realy watch any tv show regulary exept news. that was the update.. not much new but my so called life still goes on.

"There's something about Sunday night that makes you want to kill yourself"

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 7th 2002, 10:43 am

Here's my two cents.....
My name is Keith. I tell people I'm from St. Louis MO 'cause that's the closest major city to the small town I'm really from. (Though I do now live in St. Louis county.) "Home" was about 40 miles from the Gateway Arch. With respect to our Indiana posters, I guess you could say I am a "redneck from the sticks". Small town Missouri....doesn't get a whole lot more hillbilly than that. We weren't farmers, but all of our neighbors were. What's wrong with farmers??? "Home" has changed alot since I lived there though. The fields and forests I inhabited as a child are now paved over with Home Depot's and Wal Mart.
Since we are all giving our age, I'm 34. I'll be 35 before this month's out. I was 30 the first time I watched MSCL on MTV in winter '98.
I was hooked from the first episode. I don't like my job and my favorite daily activities are; listening to Howard Stern in the morning and checking MSCL.com as much as possible. That's my story if anyone cares.

k-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 29th 2003, 12:47 pm

I live in Northern Virginia (Chantilly, actually) with my husband and our two cats. We both grew up in small towns in Eastern Pennsylvania, where our families still live.

I can't believe I never answered this post! :D
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 29th 2003, 2:08 pm

I live in Northern NJ, right outside New York City (at the other end of the Lincoln Tunnel..literally). Lived here my whole life, don't plan on leaving the area, atleast not straying to far. It is a ghetto, and it is super expensive (some of you would die knowing what rent is like here and how much i pay for car insurance (highest rate in America w00t!), but this cesspool is what i call home and i wouldnt have it any other way (except if i was born rich ;) ).

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 29th 2003, 2:23 pm

Fnordboy, two questions:

Are you close to Newark or Jersey city?

I may have to compare car insurance rates with you. At least when I lived in Phoenix. My rates tripled when I moved there. At the time, AZ had the highest rate of car theft in the nation. Remember it is only 3 short hours to Mexico. (1 or so from Tuscon.)
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 29th 2003, 3:20 pm

The suburbs of DC are outrageously expensive, too. For a starter home, a TOWNHOUSE, they start in the $500,000s. Can you belive that? Half a mil for a townhouse that isn't even built solidly. Some TH in Georgetown and DC go for one million dollars. I can't believe that. I hate this area. :evil:

I won't tell you how much we pay for rent. It's crazy.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."