30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 2nd 2003, 4:16 pm

Thanks for all the information- I agree with everything you've just said!

I did read the policy when I was in the forum, which I have to say makes perfect sence. I totally respect it, and have no problem with it at all. I have to say though, from times that I've been in there I read posts of serious "REAL" fans (I'm assuming because they're part of the army) "Oh, Jared's mine. I love Solon" Some people seem to have developed nick names for them, etc. That goes on quite a bit there, does it not? With the regulars? Its just kind of funny to me that everyone seems to jump down people's throats if they post something about Jared (which again, I can understand. The board is to discuss the band, not what kind of underwear Jared wears), yet they kind of do it themselves.

Anyways, I don't mean to knock the web site either, its just that I guess I find it a little frustrating that because I happen to enjoy MSCL and recognize Jared Leto from acting, not just for this amazing band he's in, that I am less of a fan. I may add that the board is very together in their support to the band. They are a large part of the bands sucsess because of their undying support, and advertising. I love that! So, I think I'll do what you say, and lurk around the other sections.

just to add quickly, I REALLY agree with what you stated about the fighting/competition between fans. It is really so divided at times, and at others it seems like everyone finally is ignoring their "fan status" and is just enjoying the band together.

I myself heard that Jared Leto had a band a looong time ago, but not finding any releases from them yet I let it go, until the cd finally came out (this summer?), and I read a poster that 30 seconds to mars were coming here to my city! I hadn't purchased the cd yet, and thinking seeing them live would be the perfect way to rate the band (I didn't want to buy a cd that I was never going to listen to!), who turned out to be mind blowing. I bought their cd that night, and having stopped listening to it since! I can't explain how much I adore the cd.... it's sounds like nothing else, the lyrics, the bands togetherness, uniqueness, and the lead vocals are beautiful and passionate. I wish I could have been in on it sooner! What about you????

molkoshake
Tino

Post by molkoshake » Feb 3rd 2003, 8:36 am

Hey Lindsay ;-)
Erm yeah, I'm a regular at the site and def. don't want to be generalised with the majority which you are discussing.
The site is great for keeping up on whats happening with the band, promotion techniques and meeting other fans (never met any in flesh cept people that liked them after I introduced them) but there is TOO much negativity in the whole place...It is usually like a warfield due to people thinking that to be a fan of the band you have to ignore Jareds acting ability. I personally was a fan of his acting and then decided to check out the band (thinking they would suck as I was prejudice about singing actors) and then loved them. If you just stick in there tho' it can be really nice :-) I just ignore them really when they start...

But yeah, I was shocked about Solon...Hope they keep their promise of not letting it affect anything
I'll see you at the bitter end

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 3rd 2003, 7:16 pm

Hey! Thanks for the sweet message- I knew not everyone that posted there was into arguments, etc but I'm still a little nervous to post!

I noticed your from Scottland. Have the guys made it over to Europe yet? I wish I could say I've been following them from the very beginning and know the whole past of the band, but I'm kind of new. I heard they were thinking of replacing Solon (this COULD be a rumor) with a guy they used to have in the band, but figured it wouldn't work. Do you know anything about the old line- up??

by the way, I too was totally prejudiced against the whole actor by day, musician by night thing, but with Jared its completley different hey? Its impossible to say which he's most talented at- acting or singing. The boy is very creative, and has an amazing voice, so he totally surpassed the whole negative aspect of that!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 3rd 2003, 8:55 pm

Kevin Drake was the other guitarist who left the band last summer, but I am not sure how it would work having him back. He left the band amid controversy that he assaulted a girl outside of a club after one of their shows. I don't want to start rumors so I will admit that I don't remember all the details and I could be remembering it all wrong. All of the threads pertaining to this subject were deleted almost immediately after they were posted at the TSTM forum. The band did play in London last June, but that has been the extent of their live performances in Europe. :(
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 3rd 2003, 9:21 pm

Apparently TSTM is not joining Chevelle's tour until the Palo Alto show in February 16th so check with local venues before buying tickets!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

hope you guys watched!

Post by Lindsay » Feb 4th 2003, 4:53 pm

So, what did everyone think??!!!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 4th 2003, 11:49 pm

I didn't know about the performance beforehand. I just happened to tune in when they started. I've never heard them before, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. they sounded really good. jared's voice was great of course, plus the band was really together. I was impressed.

emmie

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 6th 2003, 5:50 pm

hmmm.... interesting. So, this was way back, when they hadn't even released their first cd yet, which means they were just playing little venues etc. Were you a fan then?? I wonder how the TSTM forum was then, and which personalities were there. One name comes to mind....Gemm? She seems to dominate the board.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 7th 2003, 7:09 am

Every time I see 30STM on TV, the performances keep getting better and better. I found this one reaching out and grabbing me through my TV. And, of course, it had me popping in the entire 30STM disc right afterwards.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 8th 2003, 9:47 pm

Yes, I have been a fan since before their CD was released and I saw them play at a teeny club. I began reading the TSTM board in 2001, began lurking on a regular basis in early 2002, and finally registered in April. Gemm has been around since May or June 2002. Prior to the POM tour, the board was a small group of devoted fans who seemed to get along pretty well. Some of those people are still around, but most of the people who post frequently now are newer fans. Gemm has always been very vocal (and she has had to change her username a few times), but she has always been very supportive of the band. With so many new people on the board, there are more people with more ideas and some of the newer people have strong personalities as well, so it seems inevitable that there will be some conflict. It is a shame that people can't get along better. Every once in a while, someone will point out that they should put aside their differences and concentrate on the band but the fighting never completely goes away.

:(

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 9th 2003, 11:04 pm

I guess things can't be perfect! Oh well... at least the band has support!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto & TSTM on Loveline

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 11th 2003, 4:35 pm

I read that Thirty Seconds to Mars will be the guests on tonight's Loveline (Dr. Drew & Adam Corolla). If you are on the East Coast, that means the show will be broadcast tomorrow night.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 23rd 2003, 5:57 am

New tour dates:

3/05 Minneapolis, MN @ Qwest Club
3/06 Madison, WI @ Club Raven
3/07 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
3/12 Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
3/13 Albuquerque, NM @ the Launch Pad
3/14 Tucon, AZ @ City Limits
3/15 Tempe, AZ @ Tempe Music Festival

Dates with Trust Company, Pacifier, & Fingertight:
3/26 San Francisco, CA @ the Fillmore
3/29 Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues Anaheim

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Feb 24th 2003, 3:41 am

candygirl wrote:New tour dates:
3/07 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's

a band i recorded here at the studio called Last August is opening for TSTM at Peabodys. LA gave me free tickets and got my name on the guest list so maybe ill be able to meet the band! pretty neat.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 24th 2003, 3:48 am

I have to say I am really disappointed with the bands they are touring with. I don't think I can say one good thing about most of them. I mean, Chevelle? Trust Co? Pacifier? ugh... TSTM are much better than them, I really wouldn't even classify them together.